News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year one rant...

Started by Silver R/T, February 20, 2009, 06:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

So I received their 15% off card and I thought I'd post in group buy section. I went through to see if anyone posted it yet, then a thought struck me. Why should I post for them, trying to give them a customer?
Last week I ordered some parts and I checked with Year One for seat cover price and they quoted me over $100 more from last time I've checked with them. They said that its due to "price of vinyl going up".
Now if you look at this post http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52535.0.html by one of the Legendary auto interiors rep (I presume) it states that they are holding pricing throughout 2009.
I went ahead and placed order with Dante's who gave me better deal and I went ahead and bough some other parts, package tray, headliner, package tray jute, and headliner.
What do you think guys should I recommend Year One to anyone? On a side note, I got good deal on a vapor separator from them.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

I hear they got high shipping costs so that's holding me back to order from them.
:Twocents:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ghoste

It isn't just hearsay, its a fact.  Their shipping costs are enormous especially for anyone out of country.

Silver R/T

It's not a way to make a customer, especially during bad economy like nowadays.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jaak

Year One sucks, with all the online venders now you can find everything cheaper anyways. On of my first orders was from year one, astronomical shipping prices, I have never used them again.
All they are is a middle man, they buy direct from manufacture, jack up the prices, rape you on shipping. Useless.

Jason

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jaak on February 20, 2009, 06:45:32 PM
Year One sucks, with all the online venders now you can find everything cheaper anyways. On of my first orders was from year one, astronomical shipping prices, I have never used them again.
All they are is a middle man, they buy direct from manufacture, jack up the prices, rape you on shipping. Useless.

Jason

Exactly!!

I only buy from Year One if its not available anywhere else.Period
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

I guess lesson learned, shop around before you buy!

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

CB

I wonder if I should keep posting Y1 discounts in the discount section  :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Silver R/T

Quote from: CB on February 20, 2009, 06:56:14 PM
I wonder if I should keep posting Y1 discounts in the discount section  :scratchchin:
That's what I'm asking in this thread lol. Another thought is IF someone from here does decide to buy from them at least they have a discount code. I'm going to contact Dante's from now on if I need anything, he usually can beat other's prices.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RECHRGD

I used to have real good luck with them in the past.  They always had what I needed in stock, but they were never cheap and always tried to nail you on the shipping.  I tried to order a few parts from them about a month ago and every one was on back order.  No sale!!  If they're letting their inventory go to hell, then they won't be around much longer. :Twocents: :Twocents:  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Rolling_Thunder

some things like a dash harness can only be had at year one...     i source all my stuff from ANYTHERE else before I call year 1...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

ACUDANUT

However, Year one does not make anything. So. who really makes the wiring harness ??

hotrod98

Year One sells PUI seat covers now. They haven't sold Legendary stuff in quite a while. I quit buying interior stuff from them four or five years ago after receiving PUI junk. The covers were poorly sewn, puckered, wrinkled, pos.

The last time I placed an order with YearOne they were rude. For one thing, they sent me a 20% off card in the mail and then refused to honor it because I'm at jobber pricing already which amounts to about 13% average discount. My customers can buy parts cheaper than I can.
I've spent many thousands of dollars with them but not any more. In fact, I'm looking for a dealer that I can rely on to get an order out in a timely manner. I've tried a few, but so far, I've had bad luck. The worst part is no communication regarding back orders, etc.
With the current state of the economy, you would think that these companies would be concerned about customer satisfaction. Guess not.

M&H makes most, if not all of their harnesses.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 20, 2009, 07:52:02 PM
However, Year one does not make anything. So. who really makes the wiring harness ??

M&H wiring out here in Santa Fe Springs, CA ----  problem is they are contracted to Year One only and will not sell you the harnesses directly. 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

400/6/PAC

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 20, 2009, 07:52:02 PM
They sell Painless wire harness, They are made in FT Worth TX and can be bought directly for a lot less than Y1
And they have great Tech support.
http://www.painlessperformance.com/contactus.php

Mean 318

Well I have got a LOT of parts from year one and the only one I thought SUCKED was their dual hood scoops.... Outside of that everything was great! I know they are not making the parts, but I do get a 15% everytime and then a 10% for spending over $1000.00 so that adds up to 25% off! I guess I am just lucky that I have been so lucky with them. But the last order I got from them was full of backordered parts... but I am not too sure how much of that is their fault...  :Twocents:

BlueSS454

All the harnesses I have ordered for my car through Year One have ended up being M&H ones.
Tom Rightler

Ghoste

Unless you specifically order the Painless setup from them, the M&H ones are what you will get.  All of the factory correct ones they advertise are M&H, the Painless ones are in their catalog but they are clearly marked as being Painless.

Back N Black

You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car shows telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

Silver R/T

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 20, 2009, 08:02:22 PM
Year One sells PUI seat covers now. They haven't sold Legendary stuff in quite a while.

hm, that's interesting. Ive talked to one of their sales guys and he said they were legendary seat covers (the ones I wanted to order).

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: Back N Black on February 20, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car show telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

I'm sure you guys know that "budget" and "charger" don't mix well :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

mauve66

Quote from: Silver R/T on February 20, 2009, 09:23:31 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on February 20, 2009, 09:20:21 PM
You know what ticks me off! Is to see Ceo's of YearOne on a muscle car show telling the viewers that it all about the customers and helping the guys that want to build a car on a budget. BS!

I'm sure you guys know that "budget" and "charger" don't mix well :)

well, i don't know about that, seems like 2nd gen chargers can almost be made from scratch like a chebby or furd, now 1st and 3rd gens are the ones that get scr@@@d
oops, did i say that out loud???? :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

Last time I've checked parts for my 68 were pretty expensive. You're paying $360 for a repro tach, you know car isn't cheap lol

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

You can get a repro tach?   The only option for a 1st gen is old junk or NOS.

mauve66

as a side note, Mark (Gibber) on the 66-67 charger site is rebuilding the gauges and needles and power packs, B/E is making the dash bezels and taillight chrome so things are getting better for us i guess, maybe he advertises over here i don't know, just started coming here myself
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Silver R/T

Quote from: Ghoste on February 20, 2009, 09:32:18 PM
You can get a repro tach?   The only option for a 1st gen is old junk or NOS.
I was talking about 2nd gen, my Charger particularly. Ive bought thousands worth of parts and still have more on my list.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

No, I knew what you meant Silver I was just tweaking your nose because I think you missed mauve66's point.  Yes, the parts for a 2nd gen are expensive but at least you can get them.  If your primary choice for like new parts were limited to NOS, the way it is on a 66 or 67, then your costs would be considerably more.  Anyway, it isn't a contest about whose car is the most expensive to restore, the fact is that Year One needs to bend us over a little less, right?

Silver R/T

Most businesses SHOULD rely on repeat customers. They drive away customers with high prices. I'm glad that there's alternatives like Dante's etc. where I can save some $$. I don't have much more parts to buy and when I will I'll try different sources rather than Y.O.
P.G. Classics came out with their own parts, particularly seat covers. However, I'm not sure how good of quality those are.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

terrible one

I definitely agree with all being said. The only thing I have used YO for is their harnesses (and even then it's only the ones I can't get through Evan's, etc.) And YES, they will BUST YOUR HEAD on shipping! Somewhere else on this forum it was mentioned that Year One gets some kind of refund or discount from USPS for pushing so much through them. Therefore, they charge you more on the shipping so that they can make more! I also found it kind of amusing that the only time I heard anything from them on my backorder was when they sent me a postcard AFTER I had gotten my dash harness.

bull

Funny, I was just thinking about this a few minutes ago before seeing this post. The only thing I will/would buy from them are those things I can't get elsewhere. The wiring harnesses is a good example of what I'm talking about and I'd be hard-pressed to come up with anything else. I'll buy the harnesses from them with a 25% off code(s) and the shipping on those will be about $35 IIRC. Other than that there's really no reason to buy from them considering all the other vendors out there now that do the same for far less money.

69hemi

I went around with them because at that time they had a deal on the Coker Redlines I needed.  Well it digressed into an argument regarding the 20% code I had and the 4 or 5 tire deal.  Anyway, I posted up here and when the post got to about 3-4 pages of everyone bashing Year One I sent the link to Kevin King the Pres of Year One. 

I told him to read what his company's reputation in the Mopar community was.  He sent me an e-mail trying to explain the inconsistencies between his stated policies and the real ones and how he was sorry but that's the way it was and really seemed to care less that there was 4 pages bashing his company and they way they do business. 

Short of the matter, that company has gotten way too big for its britches and since they don't make anything for us Mopar guys we can buy the same stuff for less at a lot of different outlets.  I use Mega Parts www.megapartsusa.com and deal with Roy & Jamie Stephens.  They are a father & son duo that has built that company up to a real nice place to do business and they will make you the deal you need without any coupons etc.

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: CB on February 20, 2009, 06:33:55 PM
I hear they got high shipping costs so that's holding me back to order from them.
Man you ain't kidding.  I ordered a small tach wiring harness and it came in the big heavy thick box.  I think I paid about 11.00 in shipping for this small part.  What a waste of money and material.  I buy from them only when I have to.   I bought a shifter slide that I think is 39.00 from YO and 15.00 from Dante.  The hole was to small and I had to drill it larger, but I saved a lot of  :Twocents:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

An argument about the 20% code?  Remember when they used to let you combine codes and ran deals?  I called one time when it was a couple of days past my birthday so they threw in some t-shirts.  What ever happened?

Blakcharger440

I think if more people stopped buying from them they would be inclined to adjust to the market or go out of business and unfortunately it seems I have seen more go out of business before they get better customer service or prices.

The70RT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on February 21, 2009, 07:53:54 AM
Quote from: CB on February 20, 2009, 06:33:55 PM
Man you ain't kidding.  I ordered a small tach wiring harness and it came in the big heavy thick box.  I think I paid about 11.00 in shipping for this small part.  What a waste of money and material.  I buy from them only when I have to.   I bought a shifter slide that I think is 39.00 from YO and 15.00 from Dante.  The hole was to small and I had to drill it larger, but I saved a lot of  :Twocents:

I ordered front e brake cable $25....rubber groumet for same cable $25 ::) Got the groumet 2 weeks before cable (like I could use it) and it was in a big assed box like 12"X10".
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chatt69chgr

I've spent a couple thousand with them.  I always waited for the 20% deal.  I've gotten two 15% off post cards in the last two or three months so I figure business must be down right now.  Had never got anything better than 5% or 10% in the past.  I have mixed feelings about them.  I do think they charge too much for shipping.  And you can oftentimes find the item cheaper from the original source if you are willing to spend some time doing a little surfing on the web and making some phone calls.  Some folks don't want to do that and want a place where they can order everything so I guess YO is the place for them.  I do like the catalog.  I got my repo 440 hi po cast iron manifolds from them at a real good deal.   I wasn't aware of anyone else that had them at the time-- period! That is, besides used stuff on EBAY that everyone wanted a fortune for.  So YO does serve a purpose.  Each individual needs to decide if the extra they charge is worth the convenience.  I'm just glad that we are now able to get reproduction parts for our 2nd gen Chargers at all.

Mean 318

I would like to speak my mind now.... I loved year one! Good deals if you knew what you were doing, but the last set or door handles I got were right from Chrysler... mopar boxes! The new ones are off brand! You are also telling me that their interior stuff is no longer Legendary? This sucks! I will take my business elseware!

Ghoste

Quote from: Mean 318 on February 21, 2009, 06:37:53 PM
Good deals if you knew what you were doing, but the last set or door handles I got were right from Chrysler... mopar boxes!

As an aside, anytime you see a part in their catalog with an "FD" prefix, call your Chrysler dealer first.  They may no longer be able to get it and they may not offer it for less than YO but the FD parts are things they are getting from Mopar and charging you a fee for handling it.

jb666

I ordered a bunch of stuff from YearOne.. When it came to the end and he told me the shipping cost he heard my chin drop open.. He says "We drop ship from various warehouses to make it more convenient for you". Well, make it LESS convenient for me and save me some $$. He couldn't do it. I put the order on hold and found all but one (wiring harness) elsewhere. I will not use them again, there are too many other good vendors out there that WANT business and care about actually saving you a dollar.

:cheers:

Daytona R/T SE

Year One is a filthy whore.

Year One sticks it to the customer on shipping charges, and price gouges on everything else so they can afford to Sponsor every car related TV show there is...

You know, the shows that have 7 minutes of actual car content and 23 minutes of commercials?

And they will build you an ugly version of a Bandit Trans Am for only $200 K

Such a deal...

Ghoste

Not to mention the "free" parts they so graciously sponsor some of the magazine or millionaire celebrity builds.  I wonder who subsidizes those "free" parts?  :scratchchin:

gordo1968charger

i ve always thought the customer service was good with year one,had about 3 items wrong,they are expensive though and the shipping is too.
seat kit i got off them was PUI,front seat seam stitching is coming away after 3 years and very little use.

i think summit are the best out there,good price and cheap shipping.
an electric voltage regulator was 50 dollars from year one and 30 dollars from summit!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

moparstuart

they used to send us free stuff for our summer car shows , now they charger for the stuff , for us to advertise there name   :Twocents:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

I ordered a brake line set and I got it all on except for the master cylinder lines. I got left port lines. I needed right port lines. They wouldn't let me return the left port ones for right port ones. They don't sell them separately.....but so what, they have them made to order anyway since it takes weeks to ever get anything. I had to go to fine lines and pay another 50 bucks just to get them. I listed the others here and on ebay for 20 bucks and nobody wants them.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hotrod98

Legendary has expanded so much that they're now selling a lot of the stuff that YearOne carries. You can also get some pretty good deals from some of the e-bay guys that you would never think about having mopar stuff. I've been buying grilles and body parts from Matt's Classic Bowties. I just bought a 69 Runner grille for far less than any of the other guys. Their shipping is very cheap and so far I've been very pleased with them. They carry mostly the Goodmark stuff. I figure they're a big buyer of the Goodmark Camaro stuff and it's evolved into the other parts that Goodmark sells.
They had a big sale on the 70 Cuda grille kits last year and I picked one up for $550 plus $40 shipping. I should have bought two of them. The runner grille and bezel kit that I bought this weekend was $319.95 plus $35 shipping. Best deal I've seen by far.
Just an FYI. Not meant to be a shameless plug for them.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

68beepbeep

Year one is just the middle man, that we know, and remember they are mainly a GM based supplier.
Have a 2008 catalog and wanted to buy a re pro tachometer for my '68 Plymouth, called them (with my 15% coupon) and they said the tach went up in price in January, 40.00 more??? Plus their heavy shipping cost, what did I save??? :flame:

69hemi

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 22, 2009, 12:28:51 AM

Year One sticks it to the customer on shipping charges, and price gouges on everything else so they can afford to Sponsor every car related TV show there is...

You know, the shows that have 7 minutes of actual car content and 23 minutes of commercials?

Such a deal...

Now that is some funny sh*t right there, i don't care who you are!
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: 69hemi on February 22, 2009, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on February 22, 2009, 12:28:51 AM

Such a deal...

Now that is some funny sh*t right there, i don't care who you are!

Yes, it's funny...But true!

bull

Quote from: gordo1968charger on February 22, 2009, 04:16:04 AM
i ve always thought the customer service was good with year one,had about 3 items wrong,they are expensive though and the shipping is too.
seat kit i got off them was PUI,front seat seam stitching is coming away after 3 years and very little use.

an electric voltage regulator was 50 dollars from year one and 30 dollars from summit!

Summit? Summit is pretty good if you own a Chevy or a Mustang. I don't think Summit is a very good example considering their catalog has only 4-6 pages of stuff dedicated to Mopar out of 434 or so pages total. Sure there's some Mopar stuff mingled in with the other stuff but you'll get pretty frustrated trying to build a Mopar if you rely much on Summit.

Don't get me wrong, Summit has probably the best customer service and shipping in the business. They're just not that interested in helping the Mopar guys out.

Ghoste

Who do you recommend for discount mail order speed parts for Mopar Bull? (a serious question btw)

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on February 22, 2009, 06:53:14 PM
Who do you recommend for discount mail order speed parts for Mopar Bull? (a serious question btw)

No one. :shruggy: Get what you can from Summit and suffer through the rest is about all I can tell you.

472 R/T SE

For the detail & restoration crowd, I've found A & M high tech auto (Bill) pretty hard to beat.  For some reason his site is down.  :shruggy:

Silver R/T

Quote from: bull on February 22, 2009, 06:47:35 PM
Quote from: gordo1968charger on February 22, 2009, 04:16:04 AM

Summit? Summit is pretty good if you own a Chevy or a Mustang. I don't think Summit is a very good example considering their catalog has only 4-6 pages of stuff dedicated to Mopar out of 434 or so pages total. Sure there's some Mopar stuff mingled in with the other stuff but you'll get pretty frustrated trying to build a Mopar if you rely much on Summit.

Don't get me wrong, Summit has probably the best customer service and shipping in the business. They're just not that interested in helping the Mopar guys out.

Agree, Summit is not a company dealing in resto parts.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

jaak

Anything Goodmark sells is available through summit... http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=Dodge+Charger&N=700+115+400463&rsview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

Type in Dodge Charger then click on year 69, 3277 items match, they sell more then most think they do. It isnt listed in catalog, its on website. Now I know they dont have everything, but they have more than most think.

Jason

tommymac

I've bought a lot of parts from YO but lately I can find things a lot cheaper elsewhere,like Rock Auto,Jegs,and Summit.They got Greedy!

gordo1968charger

i ll be getting my forward light  harness from year one then i ll probably not bother using them again.
when i phoned up year one for my ssbc conversion they were more expensive than jegs,but when i told them this they matched the jegs price.
THEN FU***D ME ON THE SHIPPING!!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: jb666 on February 21, 2009, 08:33:40 PM
He says "We drop ship from various warehouses to make it more convenient for you".

:scratchchin: That's an interesting statement for them to make.

Knowing that they are mostly just a middle man, I read that and think that they're just taking your order and turning around and placing orders with the manufacturers.

There's nothing wrong with a drop-ship model for a business - unless the consumer can order from the same sources. Then, the only value that YO brings is a single place to spend all of your money - and spend more of it.. Sure, you save some time, but with everyone on the Internet, it doesn't take THAT much time and effort to find other or the original source of products. Maybe there's some value in that they can help make sure you get the right part, but so can the other sources...

Ghoste

Its sad to keep seeing these sort of statements over and over because they started off as so much more.  They were one of the pioneers of warehousing restoration products for Mopars (yes, they started with Pontiacs first but they moved quickly to include Mopar and did it before anyone else) and then it seems they grew into this.  I've used and recommended them many times in the past but it looks like that is over.  I only that whatever the locked arrangement is with M&H ends soon and the wiring harnesses are opened up to the other suppliers as well.

BROCK

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2009, 10:27:32 AM
Its sad to keep seeing these sort of statements over and over because they started off as so much more.  They were one of the pioneers of warehousing restoration products for Mopars (yes, they started with Pontiacs first but they moved quickly to include Mopar and did it before anyone else) and then it seems they grew into this.  I've used and recommended them many times in the past but it looks like that is over.  I only that whatever the locked arrangement is with M&H ends soon and the wiring harnesses are opened up to the other suppliers as well.

IF YO continues on this trend....the wiring harnesses will be available from other sources soon enough.  I bought a trunk floor for my 70 from YO 10 years ago.  It arrived with shipping damage, so I got on the phone with their customer service.  They were more than ready to swap out the part!  So, I dug a bit deeper - because the beedrolls
looked more like a drunk day laborer used a planishing hammer over a crappy form.  They went & pulled another trunk floor from their werehouse for a comparison.  Long story short....the easiest thing to fix on that trunk floor was the shipping damage :eek2:  Back then, their motto was "If a better part were available, we'd offer it".  Just makes me
mad.  If a better company worked with the drunken day laborer....everyone would win - including the new, found a
purpose in life, employee that quit drinking :yesnod:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

bull

Quote from: jaak on February 22, 2009, 11:21:30 PM
Anything Goodmark sells is available through summit... http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=Dodge+Charger&N=700+115+400463&rsview=sku&Ntk=KeywordSearch

Type in Dodge Charger then click on year 69, 3277 items match, they sell more then most think they do. It isnt listed in catalog, its on website. Now I know they dont have everything, but they have more than most think.

Jason

That is more than I thought but type in 69 Camaro and you get 11837 parts. :o

ACUDANUT

Try 67 Camaro. They are better anyway.  :smilielol:

Troy

Quote from: bull on February 23, 2009, 11:32:12 AM

Jason

But that's not Summit's fault - I bet there are more parts produced by more manufacturers for the Camaro.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

I tend to agree with you Troy because I doubt that Summit stocks every single one of those items they list no matter which car its for.  To be sure, they stock an enormous warehouse but I'd bet there are a lot of things that they order after you order.  Its no sweat to them to offer more, its the dollar they like not the auto brand.

RTDaddy

I used to buy a LOT of stuff from Y1, my tactic was to get a list together, have a discount card, drive down, fill out the list, which almost always generated at least 25% off.  And if the part wasn't in stock, they shipped free.  Well, that was before the internet, and before they closed the free shipping loophole.  Their shipping habit are pitiful, I recently got a dor lock rod clip, (the little plastic one) in a 12" cube box, RIDICULOUS.  They were one of the early suppliers for Mopars, but are getting beaten out by the more user friendly guys, (until they get too big to).

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Silver R/T

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: Troy on February 23, 2009, 02:11:09 PM
Quote from: bull on February 23, 2009, 11:32:12 AM

Jason

But that's not Summit's fault - I bet there are more parts produced by more manufacturers for the Camaro.

Troy

It would be interesting to see though how many parts carry the actual Summit name for each different model. Theoretically, IMO anyway, there shouldn't be any more Summit-made parts for a Camaro than a Charger.

Ghoste

I don't think Summit make anything do they?  I thought they were strictly a mail order warehouse hawking other peoples products.

Troy

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2009, 10:43:02 PM
I don't think Summit make anything do they?  I thought they were strictly a mail order warehouse hawking other peoples products.
I'd say you're correct.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on February 23, 2009, 10:43:02 PM

Maybe, I don't know. If not they are rebadging parts because they have a big list of stuff with the Summit brand name on it:

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=1968+charger&N=700+115+400304&Ntk=KeywordSearch

superduperbee

My main problem with YO was they refused to ship to a post office box. I live in a crappy area, stuff not safe being delivered to the house. I had to have a Go-Wing shipped to the storage company where I kept my car. Shipping was over $90

Ghoste

No, they're not actually making any of those parts Bull, they're just rebadging them.  Mancini's do the same thing.  There's a small chance that they could be making some of the easier stuff but I'm 99.9% sure it's all rebadged.  Like generic drugs or no name groceries.

694spdRT

Quote from: 69hemi on February 21, 2009, 06:54:21 AM
I use Mega Parts www.megapartsusa.com and deal with Roy & Jamie Stephens.  They are a father & son duo that has built that company up to a real nice place to do business and they will make you the deal you need without any coupons etc.

I will second that Mega Parts is much easier to deal with. Most of the stuff for my '69 resto came from them and they offer even more parts now.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi