News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new member says hi (opdate paint pictures)

Started by hs1973, February 20, 2009, 08:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hs1973

hello im the proud owner of an 1972 dodge charger, i live in copenhagen denmark. here in denmark there is not alot of chargers i know of about 15 3erd gen chargers here. mine is a base charger 318 imported from california 3 years ago totally rust free with 72 k miles on it. any way i was vondering if i could join in here. regards from the cold henrik.

jdiesel33

Welcome!!! Very nice looking 3rd gen. You will enjoy this site very much!!! :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

dpm68

Welcome! Your car looks pretty straight.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Back N Black

tan top

hello & welcome  :wave: nice original looking third generation from the picture  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hs1973

actually its strait now since this picture was taken i have straigtet the body out (lots of dents) its at the painters now, when i get it home i have arranged for a vinyl top in black and some of the SE brigt trim,cromed magnum 500 it vill be original coler again. the yellow is just a test paint to see if its straigt enough, should look awsome when done my painter is taking alot of time to do it right, its a 3000 doller paint job. thank you for the very nice welcome.

Belgium R/T -68

Hello and welcome :cheers: Beeing Swedish it's nice with moore europeans on the site. :2thumbs: You are lucky with your paintshop
only paying 3K, my car was almost 10K although without invoice price.

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

hs1973

hey small world, after the internet its always cool to meet other charger fans,my vife is also a fan but more into cougars she has a 68 cougar, but im a die hard mopar fan, i know my painter very weel he is a friend of mine, he is taking a´long time becuse he is only working on it in hís spare time but still the paint vill set me back around 3- 4000 dollers. i just found this site the other day and thought it would be smart too have somebody to share things with. for eksample parts are hard to find for 3erd gen chargers here i europe. and even though everything is working fine in my car right now it may happen one day i need tech advise. but for now im glad to be velcome here in this forum. ill try too post more pictures as things develobe. henrik.

skip68

:cheers:   Welcome to the site.   Nice car.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

jdiesel33

That yellow looks pretty sweet to me anyway, but being a Steelers fan even sweeter!!!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

hs1973

it looks ok in yellow but its just a test paint to see if the body is straigt enough it will be the original y8 gold color, with a black bumpelbee stripe. i know the stribe is wrong but it looks good i cant help it and with the black full vinyl top even better i hope next year i will be able to redo the interior in black too. also i have modified the rear valance too accept a true double exaust, originaly it was a single exaust. but i like the cut outs in the valance, im a body man by trade so modifying it was no big deal so now it sounds great to.

RD

welcome henrik!!! you have my twin in the making!!!!

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemi68charger

Welcome Henrik..
By all means, stay around............... Also, love your country. Spent some time in Viborg with the U.S. Air Force during a TDY joint-exercise with the Danish Air Force. Was able to visit the majority of the country on the coast, but never got to Copenhagen..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Welcome to the site and nice 3rd gen.  There sure do seem to be a lot of Mopars in the Scandinavian nations.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69*F5*SE

Hello and welcome to the site. Very nice Charger you have there.   :2thumbs:

rusty lee

welcome nice 3rd gen. my aunt had a yellow with black top. if you are just testing yellow what color do you plan on painting it?

Magnumcharger

Velcome to the site henrik, and to you're vife too!
Ve're alvays villing to talk Chargers here!! :icon_smile_big:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

captnsim

Welcome to the site  :2thumbs: Nice car, Looking forward to seeing more of it.  :cheers:

hs1973

ill try too post more pictures when i get it back from paint, thanks for the very many nice velcomes from all of you. :P

FlatbackFanatic

Welcome! Nice car, can't wait to see her when its done. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

hs1973

thank you all ill post more pictures when i get her back from paint sorry for 2 same posts im not that good with computers

hs1973

i do have one qeastion my byddy has a 73 SE brougham numbers matching hipo 440 6 pack, is that a rare model? i will se if i cant get a picture postet, but not tonight its reallly late here, so im signing off for today, see you all tomorrow.

hs1973

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 20, 2009, 10:49:00 AM
Welcome Henrik..
By all means, stay around............... Also, love your country. Spent some time in Viborg with the U.S. Air Force during a TDY joint-exercise with the Danish Air Force. Was able to visit the majority of the country on the coast, but never got to Copenhagen..

Troy
thats pretty cool, actually about 20 years ago i was an exchange student i got to spend a year i debarry florida, and go to high scool. that was one of the coolest years of my life.but the mopar fever startet way before that. think i was infected in mothers whom, my next door nabor had a 72 camaro ss 396 i remeber that car, i actually bought it 30 years later. but mopars were always cooler. now i finally got one. but first i had 2 go trough alot of other detroit iron 5, 73 elcaminos. 72 camaro. a trans am. 1 mustang a cougar .1 malibu .1 caprice and many others. til ifanely found my way home

Brock Samson

Welcome to the site Henrik, i spent a month in Denmark in 1978 - at Ulsrup Slot and a week in your capital city of Copenhagen - the journal I kept is entitled "30 days in Denmark or 101 pubs"...  :yesnod:  :cheers:
Anyhow,.. as Regards your friends charger,.. the were no sixpacks after 1971, some were rumored to be built in 1972 but are actually thought to be owner or dealer installed with leftover items...
and so,..  a '73 SE brougham is not even a remote possibility it is a modified car,.. still cool though,.. we'd like to see pics and read details on that one if you can get it/them.
I love your Charger sounds like some cool stuff you have planned but i have doubts about the bumble bee stripe matched with a 318, bumble bee stripes usually mean the car has an engine that's not to be messed with,..
but it's all good, glad your here!  :2thumbs:
  :P wow! getting infected in Mothers whom your next door nabor had sounds kinda' nasty...  :lol:

Ghoste

I'll take exception to the "rumored to be" part Brock because I am fairly certain that three of those cars have been documented and verified.

Brock Samson

Well, I haven't seen the documented info verified so it's simply my understanding,.. to this point...
I would be interested in seeing/learning about them and I am (usually) open to being enlightened.
..just not right now..
I'm kidding with you of course...
  :scratchchin: Can we agree there were no '73 Sixpacks?..  :shruggy:

mikesbbody

Welcome Hendrik, your car looks great! i also have a 72 check out pete's third gen website
http://www.1971-1974dodgecharger.com/
As for 6 pack 73 charger's there were none. There were 2 factory 72 charger's with a 6 pack and 2 Plymouth Road runner's with a 6 pack known to have come out of the factory.

451-74Charger

Welcome to the site,
I was originally from England, but moved to the USA (to be with my car according to the wife).
Enjoy the site and the people here, they will make you very welcome.

400/6/PAC

Welcome Aboard.
Your car is looking great. :2thumbs:
Keep us updated on Your progress.

WingCharger

Rallye

Welcome... Looking forward to seeing the progress on your '72.  :popcrn:   
1972 Charger Rallye - 400magnum

472 R/T SE

Welcome to the Forum.  Nice that you're repainting your '72 back in it's original color.  :2thumbs:
My first Charger was a '72 that had a 400.

73TXRallye440

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

hs1973

i found a picture of my buddys 73, the story goes that it was imported to denmark when it was almost new, the owner of the danish crysler import traded a new mercedes for it, the storie goes that it as an executive car that was never sold at any dealership it soposedly belonged to a crysler executives son. my boddy bought it in 1978 at the time it was browm meallic and he claims he bought it with the sixpack set up, he did some things to it in order to race it and its still very fast he stroked it and some other thing adding hideaway headligts from a 72 se. videning rear qarters in order to clear 305 tires. i dont know if its rare or not but he says hes never seen another ´with the 440 six pack like his anywhere not even on the web. as for mine she runs like a dream i will leave it like she is but should it happen that a hemi or a bigblock in the same condition shows up, then i wont say no. but thoes cars are so expensive i wont be able to find the cash. so ill just enjoy mine as is she sounds great and will look great, i know the bumplebee stribe is for cars with real muscle but it looks so good i cant help but put one one mine.

WingCharger

Six Pack engines stopped in 1971 except for 4 illegally built factory Chargers and RoadRunners on the first day of production in '72.

Six Pack Jensen Interceptor engines in England kept going till '73 though. :scratchchin:

Brock Samson

hs1973

maybe somebody added the sixpack before it came here,im not a wizard on numbers and there is no way of knowing for sure,anyway hes happy with it the way it is.im happy with mine even if its just the "small" engine i would of course like a big block or a hemi but thats not possible with wife house and kids.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

autodynamics

hs1973

new pictures i finally got it painted, the painter wants to spray it one more time with clear coat but you can finally se what its going to look like. :cheers:

hs1973

more pictures my rear valance with homemade cutouts for tailpipes

hs1973

the color is as close to original as possible and i will ad a black vinyl top and bumplebee stripe. man im exited

dodgecharger-fan

Shiny!

I love the colour, too.

hs1973

yea it almost looks like he dippede it in glass, it has been worth waiting for.

Charger74

Very Nice Henrik.  That is going to look very nice.

Foreman72

thats a pretty sweet color there...nice job on the valance btw... :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

hs1973

thanks alot i hope to get it back from paint tomorow, then she will go to have the vinnyl top fitted. its almost spring so im in a hurry to get it done.here i denmark we have speciel insurence for old cars (35 years or older) its very cheap in premium but you can only drive it from marts 15 to oktober 15,sothe season is startng and my car is not ready.bummer but at least she vill be nice this summer. :drool5:

hs1973

shes back looking real gooood :2thumbs:

dodgecharger-fan

plum500

mopar_nut_440_6

Very nice car. Beautiful paint.

Welcome aboard.  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

hs1973

thanks guys. all i need now is my new black vinyl top fitted and shes ready to cruise.

mopar_nut_440_6

Quote from: hs1973 on March 23, 2009, 02:47:40 PM
thanks guys. all i need now is my new black vinyl top fitted and shes ready to cruise.

Damn, that did not take long at all! Good job!
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

69*F5*SE

Foreman72

Quote from: hs1973 on March 23, 2009, 02:47:40 PM

i dunno man...i kinda like it as is... :Twocents:

car looks amazing tho... :drool5:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

hs1973

i did all the work over vinter but remember i startet with a totally rust free car, it was only pretty bangede up down the sides due to the original ovner being an old man. ive done new true dubbel exaust, renovated tranny new gear starter, new waterpump, pulled out all the dents, had i paintet. after the vinyl top has been fittet i will drive it this summer( alot). next up is the interior and trunk i want it in black leather. ive always liked the full vinyl top so i got a hold the trim that i needed and a new roof from year one. its not that easy to find this stuff here in europe, but after the internet its alot easyer than it used to be. ohh the guy in the picture is one tired but happy painter.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

cpthowdy1369

WOW,  sweet color.  Not alot of room for those Danish license plates,  huh?   :2thumbs:
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!

1969chargerrtse

Thanks for all the pictures, looks fantastic.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

ChargerSG

Looking good. Keep the good work up neighbour :2thumbs:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hs1973

yea the danish licensplates are way to big, we have been fighting for years so we could get the smaller size and it seeems that it will be alowed from 2010 :2thumbs: ill bee the first to get a set as soon they open for it. i hate that it is dominating my rear end :icon_smile_big:.ill post more pictures when the vinyltop is on. i think it looks pretty cool already. thanks for all the nice comments. henrik

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

looks good ! nice job  :yesnod:  yep look good with a black vinyl top  :yesnod: , maybe  some type of third generation stripe also  :scratchchin:  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hs1973

i already had arranged for a black bumple bee stripe, when shes done getting vinyl roof :icon_smile_big:. right now im waiting for my new vindshield, the old one craked when we took it out ::) bumme but hey thats life. right now not much is getting done i just hurt my back and cant do much. but ill be back , my hope is she´will be done one may 1. althugh its still cold here the sun is out and im ready to cruise