News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ratchet shifter + bench seat

Started by Foreman72, January 27, 2009, 09:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foreman72

hey has anyone had any problems running a B&M or Hurst in a bench seat interior? any height issues or any other such things? placement blah blah...thanks :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

Ghoste

I've seen it done but never thought it looked very good or convenient.

firefighter3931

I've seen it done as well...works ok but a better choice is bucket seats.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Foreman72

any alternative suggestions to a ratchet shifter then?

u suggesting i scrap the bench and find some buckets? :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Ghoste

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Foreman72

well idk if thats gonna happen...anyone running ratchet shifter + bench seat? :shruggy:
Eric "Foreman"

quapman

I had the el-cheapo Z-gate B&M in a 73 Charger. You just have to make sure it's far enough back that you don't bust yer' knuckles on the dash. You might not be able to get the seat all the way forward, but I'm only 5'9" and it was never an issue.

Foreman72

Quote from: quapman on February 06, 2009, 08:09:44 PM
I had the el-cheapo Z-gate B&M in a 73 Charger. You just have to make sure it's far enough back that you don't bust yer' knuckles on the dash. You might not be able to get the seat all the way forward, but I'm only 5'9" and it was never an issue.

i'm 6"3' :lol:

yeah i guess i'll have 2 make do...
Eric "Foreman"

Lunger

yes i had a ratchet shifter with a bench, it's not the most fun. i am also 6'-3" , seat is all the way back and shifter is against it. But i changed out the ratchet shift , i dont think they work well at all, allways had to re-adjust it.

Turbo action gate shifters - are the way to go
BULL OF THE WOODS