News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else?

Started by BIRD67, February 17, 2009, 07:07:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

Before I got into cars I was a MAJOR train buff! I have tons of pics.. My hometown (here) used to have 2 turntables and roundhouses and pretty much the entire downtown was a switchyard.. like literally 13 tracks wide!! Any other's here?

Here is Vermont Railway's 801, it is a remote controlled Electro Motor Division (EMD) GP-18.I have ridden in the cab of it..
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

BIRD67

some more.. I think this is an EMD GP-40..Burlington Northern
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

BIRD67

Former Northern Pacific ALCo S2..this one was built in December 1949..Renumbered an Burlington Northern 911.. It was retired in 1973 :( I love these old ALCo enc cabs!

BIRD67

Real or Model?

Shakey

Ponch ®

I've been in a train or two... :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BIRD67

ALCO S4 up in Vermont..

400/6/PAC

Quote from: BIRD67 on February 17, 2009, 07:15:02 PM
Real or Model?
Hard to say.
The trees on the left of the train are leaning to the right and the trees on the right of the train are leaning left.
If it is a model, A lot of detail went into the concrete walls. ( The chips and pitting ) Plus the rust stains.
If I had to guess, I'd say model because the signal is so shinny.

Silver R/T

It's a model, look how nice bridge is, should've been very rusty.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68coronetGLwannabe

My Dad was an engineer on the Ann Arbor Railroad in MI. Got to ride with him alot when I was a kid. I also got to ride with him when he would load train cars on the car ferries that went from Frankfort MI to Green Bay WI. I also was able to hang out with the Captain of the ship as we went across Lake Michigan. Some good childhood memories.
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

BB1

I work for the railroad, I HATE TRAINS!  :eek2:
Delete my profile

Shakey

A few train pics from a couple of weeks ago.

captnsim

WingCharger

BIRD67

Quote from: BB1 on February 17, 2009, 08:54:44 PM
I work for the railroad, I HATE TRAINS!  :eek2:

If you hate trains, then why do you work for the railroad? Are you being a smartass? Also, could you get some pictures please!

BB1

It pays the bills man.
I enjoy the work, but I could do without the BS everyday.

Ask Todd, he'll tell you the same thing.   :slap:
Delete my profile

Silver R/T

I always wanted to work on railroad, particularly an engineer
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

moparjohn

Yeah, I'm a train buff too.  BUT STEAM ONLY! , big surprise right?  I have lived next to a railroad that has had a tourist steam loco for as long as I can remember.  The railroad, the Black River and Western is a small line tha runs between Ringoes and Flemington, it also is connected to Lambertville (tracks not operable) and Three Bridges (connection to main line) It was at one time a part of the great Pennsylvania Railroad.  I model said road (PRR) in my basement,  I have 11 4x8 sheets of plywood with tracks and scenery that is a never ending project (just like the Charger) I could go on for a long time if this thread wants more info.  A steam engine is mans closest creation to a living being I can think of.  I have visted many steam R/R's across the country and each one is different in it's own right.   I collect PRR stuff and am looking for dinnerware if anyone knows of some. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Mean 318

BB1

Leaving today on a 150 car coal train to Oklahoma. Back in 24 hours.

:wave:
Delete my profile

BIRD67

Damn, I wish there were still trains around here! Here is a picture of what is now a giant parking lot..EDIT: I cannot find the picture, so here is a post card of what it used to look like..

400/6/PAC

BIRD67

Another AlCo S4

BIRD67