News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HTC Cell Phone Commercial

Started by aone415, February 17, 2009, 03:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aone415

Did anyone see the HTC Fuze commercial featuring a 70 Charger that was getting restored???? The show the car being bought and it was Blue (I think), media blasted and then painted red with some Shelby looking wheels???

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

451-74Charger

Dang, i missed it, Ill ask the HTC rep on Wednesday if he has a copy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hy5oA15QK4

PocketThunder

Quote from: aone415 on February 17, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
Did anyone see the HTC Fuze commercial featuring a 70 Charger that was getting restored???? The show the car being bought and it was Blue (I think), media blasted and then painted red with some Shelby looking wheels???

The red car at the end is a '69.  They start with a '70 and then must realize the 69 is better and convert it over.. hahaha  :nana:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

68charger383

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 17, 2009, 03:43:22 PM

The red car at the end is a '69.  They start with a '70 and then must realize the 69 is better and convert it over.. hahaha  :nana:

So what are you trying to say, if the commerical was an extra 30 seconds longer the car would have turned into a 68 or maybe they had a limited budget and couldn't afford a 68 for the shoot :nana:  :smilielol:

Cool commercial-any use of a Charger works in my book (even if its a 70 & 69)

What I always wonder-did either car belong to a member on here?
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

69*F5*SE

Yeah, I saw it and thought it was cool to see some Chargers getting restored on a regular TV commercial.

rusty lee

yeah it was nice to see a real charger in a comercial be it 69 or 70 just awesome.  :coolgleamA:

suntech

I think it looked like the one Steve Strope showed at Sema last year.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

tan top

:lol:   :yesnod:   :icon_smile_wink:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mean 318

Quote from: 68charger383 on February 17, 2009, 04:25:15 PM

So what are you trying to say, if the commerical was an extra 30 seconds longer the car would have turned into a 68 or maybe they had a limited budget and couldn't afford a 68 for the shoot :nana:  :smilielol:

Cool commercial-any use of a Charger works in my book (even if its a 70 & 69)

What I always wonder-did either car belong to a member on here?

:smilielol:

Lizey

maybe they just threw on a 69 grill?
1977 Dodge Charger SE - Sold 4/18/15
2013 Chevrolet Camaro RS
1993 GMC K1500
1943 Farmall A

FLG

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Lizey on February 17, 2009, 06:54:11 PM
maybe they just threw on a 69 grill?

and fenders and hood, and bumper?  Nah! They just switched the cars.

I'll bet they figured it would all roll through the edits so quickly that no one would notice.
They don't know about us folks here.  :icon_smile_wink:

dodgecharger-fan

What does everyone think of the grill trim being painted red?

It made do a double take and then go back and pause the video to check it out.

I'm undecided. I think I'd want to see the bigger picture - as in more pictures - before I could decide.

PocketThunder

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on February 17, 2009, 08:16:04 PM
What does everyone think of the grill trim being painted red?

It made do a double take and then go back and pause the video to check it out.

I'm undecided. I think I'd want to see the bigger picture - as in more pictures - before I could decide.

not for me... but i dont have to worry about those grilles anyways...  hahaha  :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Moparman01

Quote from: suntech on February 17, 2009, 06:08:24 PM
I think it looked like the one Steve Strope showed at Sema last year.

I've seen the commercial a couple of times just today, it is the Steve Strope car from SEMA. At the end of the comercial when they start to drive away you can see the car is right hand drive which the Stope car is. It's a very cool commercial, funny how they start with a 70 and end up with a 69 lol!   

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

suntech

I have seen that to, and i kinda question the theme, as a European style mod, from back in the day :shruggy:
To me, that is European, it looks semi-italian, with a misunderstood English twist!! (righthand drive) :D
IMO loose the stripe, and put the steering wheel where it belongs, and it would be a cool car.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

451-74Charger

Hey, my First Charger was Right hand drive (original from factory i was told)
Pity I sold it 20+ years ago

az69rtcharger

Here is some great photos of the build, it did start out as a 69, The first car in the commercial was a different one.

http://purposebuilt.com/purpose-built-515-gtb/