News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just Another 69 Build... with a long story and pictures

Started by Long Island RT, February 16, 2009, 08:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

The car is a beauty you have a lot to be proud of in that build. I especially like the job you did on the dash. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

68Charger4me

If you have some shots of the seat brackets that would be great, thanks for answering !  I also like the one piece flow of the dash.

yeahitsgotahemi!

It's looking fanatastic! I'm jealous! I wish my was running.

By the way, how did the manual disc brakes work out? Did you get those all dialed in?
I've got the 12" wilwood discs up front already, and will being doing the same setup.

I feel you about the cost of rims. Thats the next thing on my list, and swinging the 2k for them is gonna hurt.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Long Island RT

Quote from: yeahitsgotahemi! on October 03, 2010, 09:30:27 PM
It's looking fanatastic! I'm jealous! I wish my was running.

By the way, how did the manual disc brakes work out? Did you get those all dialed in?
I've got the 12" wilwood discs up front already, and will being doing the same setup.

I feel you about the cost of rims. Thats the next thing on my list, and swinging the 2k for them is gonna hurt.

I think I have the brakes pretty much figured out.  I do need to play with the proportioning valve a bit as my back wheels lock up before the front. With the manual setup you really have to push hard to stop fast. For regular driving it's no big deal, but those fast stops can be scary. 
1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

dangina

hey I've read your post and even though I'm new to this board I'm not new to mopars as My father has over 30 of them and I have 2 myself, one being a 73 charger that I'll be turning into a race/road/rally car. You asked about dropping the car in the front 6" which Is What I plan on doing but I also want to be able to adjust the height back to stock as well when I'm not racing, - which means coilovers. Have you heard of these guys:http://www.magnumforce.com/store/results.asp?CategoryID=43 they offer coilover setups for the front which allows you to ditch the torsion bars and save some weight in the process! It requires adjustable upper control arms which I see you already own - I'm waiting to sell one of my cars before I dig deep into the project. I think I'd go with :

coilover coversion by magnumforce
hotchkis rear suspension (when they have it complete for the b-body - says they will by the end of winter)
tubular upper control arms by rms
lover control arms, pitman, idler and front sway by FFI

and a whole bunch of other goodies I'll mention later...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: dangina on October 30, 2010, 04:58:13 PM
hey I've read your post and even though I'm new to this board I'm not new to mopars as My father has over 30 of them and I have 2 myself, one being a 73 charger that I'll be turning into a race/road/rally car. You asked about dropping the car in the front 6" which Is What I plan on doing but I also want to be able to adjust the height back to stock as well when I'm not racing, - which means coilovers. Have you heard of these guys:http://www.magnumforce.com/store/results.asp?CategoryID=43 they offer coilover setups for the front which allows you to ditch the torsion bars and save some weight in the process! It requires adjustable upper control arms which I see you already own - I'm waiting to sell one of my cars before I dig deep into the project. I think I'd go with :

coilover coversion by magnumforce
hotchkis rear suspension (when they have it complete for the b-body - says they will by the end of winter)
tubular upper control arms by rms
lover control arms, pitman, idler and front sway by FFI

and a whole bunch of other goodies I'll mention later...

Check out Bill Rielly and His AlterKtion. I think its way better than the Mag force stuff. www.bigblockdart.com
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on September 23, 2010, 04:27:18 AM
that looks a mean SOB with them wheels !!  :drool5:
if it were me i would keep them  :yesnod: :yesnod:  
 charger looks awesome !!  nice work !!   :yesnod: :2thumbs: :coolgleamA:
the driver side headlight door problem ! sitting a little low , could be the down stop broke off the door !  mine is the same , never noticed it while restoring the grill ,  even spending  a  week  restoring & day masking /finelining before paint  :slap:

only picture i could find is of the passanger side
Yeah I have the same issue, and I know of another car that cost over 50k and is awesome and has the same "driver" side headlamp door issue.

That car is soooo beautiful.  Nice work.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Long Island RT

I did look into the Magnumforce and even the AlterKtion thing when I was planning the car.  It was one of those things that I could not do within my budget at the time.  I can't say I'm disappointed.  My car will never be road raced and the stock system with the upgrades I did makes it handle very well for a street driven car.
Luckily after I got to drive the car a little - it did eventually drop down some.  I'm at the lowest I could go at this point with headers.  I have barely 3 inches of clearance.

I think it's important to think about what your car is going to be used for and where the money can be best spent.  I spent most of mine on the engine and paint.

1969 Dodge Charger RT Restomod<br />Triple Black, 512 stroker, Tremec TKO600 5-speed<br />2005 Dodge Magnum RT - Brilliant Black - Lowered

FlatbackFanatic

That IS one beautiful paint job!!! Your car looks totally BAD ASS!!!!!! I agree , keep the black wheels. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :drool5: :drool5:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

dougc426

My 1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE Triple Black original 440 now a 477 Hemi built by Lennie Balek
Hope you like it