News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 09 Challenger and Charger owners

Started by Daytona Guy, February 15, 2009, 11:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on April 14, 2009, 01:24:56 PM
Rider is a sponsor over at www.chargerforums.com   maybe contact them there?

Thank you, I will check that site out for Rider's info.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Gonna just piggy back off this thread if nobody minds to post up some stuff I'm doing to mine. 

Received the graphics from ridergraphix.  Brian and David Rider(owners), I can say this, although the graphics seem expensive, customer service is right up there.  Immediate response to all emails.  Literally minutes on most of them.

Seems to be high quality stuff. It's still laying out on my floor as it's been raining here most of the week.

For a refresh, this is what I went with.  Had a lot of help making sure I didn't overkill and I am happy with what I picked.  I can always change it later on if I want to.  Flat Black, with "SRT" text.

http://www.ridergraphix.com/Challenger_71RT_Side.html

Also, my rotofab CAI was waiting on my doorstep when I got home from work. $285 shipped and all the research should pay off as this is getting very good response due to the R&D that went into the making of this.  More attention to keeping the hot air out, very large box and enclosed, etc....
I will post the pics of it here when installed.  I saw a MOPAR CAI installed yesterday on an 09 SRT and it's too open IMO and made of metal which might or might not defeat the purpose of a CAI.   Here is a pic of the Rotofab  components. 

Mines an 08, but if you guys don't mind, I'll stay on this one rather than starting another one.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Went ahead and stuffed it.  Took literally less than 20 minutes from cradle to grave.(including getting the tools, taking off the stock box, etc...) Most of the time was spent trying to align everything as perfectly as I could.

My input on quality of the fit is a about an 8.5 out of 10.
Quality of materials is a 10
Ease of installation.  Very easy, anyone could do this with little or no instruction
Looks.... no flashy Mopar badges with shiny painted metal but I can live with it. 

Performance, yet to be determined.  I'm more interested to see if the sound changes any myself.

It went on easy enough but in my opinion could have been tweaked just a bit more for an effortless perfect fit and I will post up the same on the Challenger site.  Very easy changes IMO.

I'll post the pictures and then explain in the next post.

mikepmcs

In reference to the second picture above where it shows the alignment to the throttle body(circled)  This could easily be remedied by adding a little more to the rubber hose/tubing.  The reason you cannot mate this up perfectly is because of this picture below that I'm posting.  Where I've circled, if you were to line the tubing up on the throttle body, then proceed to tighten up the clamps on the pic below, you would not be able to catch hardly any plastic where I have circled, so I had to mate the big side to the air box, tighten it down, then try to manhandle the front(throttle body side) to mate up the best I could. in the end, it is acceptable but not absolutely perfect.  Like I said this could be fixed just by adding a little more hose material

mikepmcs

Next the air inlet(circled).  I think a better/thicker piece of foam tape could be used or what really needs to happen is to put a thick rubber o ring type deal on the bottom of the air box itself that would seal it to the factory lip opening.  There is a lip there on the car to facilitate this exact thing.  I will most likely add something in there myself to make it look a little better and seal it 100%  I'm just being extremely picky, but these are easy fixes.

For the most part the box fits nicely, with some persuasion,  but just needs tweaked to be perfect.  The bracket that mounts the air box to the existing factory location(single 10mm bolt) took a little bit of manipulation to line up with the hole.

These are very nitpicky things I have described, as you can see the box looks nice under there, and when the hood is down, that is what provides the seal. 
Anxious to see if I can tell any difference tomorrow.

v/r
Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

let us know how it does on the butt dyno.....the CAI's really sound mean on the 6.1's
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

Dan T

If anyone cares, they have started building the classic R/T Chally's. I saw a shipment of B5 blue ones this afternoon on the hwy..
Lemme tell you all, when Plum crazy comes out next year, I don't know how I'm going to stop myself from going out & buying one...
SWEET!!!
Of course, I'll have to convince the wifey... :RantExplode:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

69charger2002

dan T those are my exact thoughts. i love bright blue, but i don't really care for this new B5 version,  the deep water blue however is hard to resist. but so far i've done good. if they end up making purple, i will NOT be able to resist getting one
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

mauve66

i thought they were already out??
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

The70RT

I like the Blue. My nephew just ordered a blue one....wish I could. I have an interview Tue for my bosses job. If I got the job I could probably get one.....but that's not gonna happen. I did get my Charger from my nephew 30 years ago so  :scratchchin:.....maybe in a few years.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on April 26, 2009, 08:56:01 PM
I like the Blue. My nephew just ordered a blue one....wish I could. I have an interview Tue for my bosses job. If I got the job I could probably get one.....but that's not gonna happen. I did get my Charger from my nephew 30 years ago so  :scratchchin:.....maybe in a few years.
dennis good luck on the interview brother
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on April 26, 2009, 09:15:33 PM
Quote from: The70RT on April 26, 2009, 08:56:01 PM
dennis good luck on the interview brother

Thanks brother  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

Hey guys if anyone is interested in the Modern Muscle 85 MM throttle body, we got a group buy going on gotogroupbuy....

We have a chance to get this thing at $319 free shipping if we hit 40 committed buyers.  That's roughly $100 off.  We already have 12 committed buyers so it's at $359 right now.

Please pm me for details and I'll get you to the site asap.

Thanks

Mike

mikepmcs

Spent the day messing with the car.  Put in the 85mm TB, Jet 180 t stat, and finally mounted the SRT stripes.  The weather has been really hampering my stripe install but all done today.  The car is still at the shop just to let the stickers sit in a controlled atmosphere for the night.  

Notice the stock throttle body covered with oil.  I'm still waiting for my catch can from Billet Tech(on back order) which will trap the oil so it doesn't go into the intake.  Anyway, here's some pics for ya'll.  The 85 mm should take away that flat when you mash the gas.  We'll see tomorrow. Still playing with the exhaust in my mind.  I have 2 Dynomax ultraflos in my basement waiting but I don't have an installer that i'm confident will do exactly what i want.  I used my truck as a test bed and had a place in Augusta put 2 mufflers on for me just to check quality and I'm not totally convinced this place is where I want to go with my Chally(which will be a lot more involved)  It's actually the welding that i'm not too stoked with.  Everyone seems to have an issue with welding the top of the pipe correctly.  I know it's kind of tight in there but I know it can be done.

Also, I have my diablo tuner too.  

mikepmcs

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

jb666

BrianShaughnessy

My friend Mike's RT Classic last night at the ice cream joint cruise next to my sh8t.   Shot would have probably come out better if I'd have bothered to get the camera out before it got dark.     

He owns a maroon 1st gen Charger also but he rarely takes it anywhere as it seems to be cursed or allergic to rain or something  :shruggy:

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

mikepmcs

Very Nice!! The Challenger Classic isn't too bad either. ;D
Looks like you guys are parked on top of lava or something.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike I like how your stripes go all the way to the front of the car...the Classic ones stop at the header panel.
I'd like to get a set of the classic wheels for my Daytona :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

dads_69

I'll say this much about the new heavy weight chally. They're good for 155 mph.  :D
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: mikepmcs on June 13, 2009, 10:13:23 PM
Very Nice!! The Challenger Classic isn't too bad either. ;D
Looks like you guys are parked on top of lava or something.

I kinda like it but IMHO the wheels are just too big.  :Twocents:   It's beyond 4x4... more like a Cat dump truck like at a strip mine. 

We're parked on crushed stone on the newly cleared parking area.  A month ago it was an overgrown area,  then it turned into a dust bowl so they threw this down to keep down the dirt.       
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Magnumcharger

You guys are slayin' me with your Challengers!!!
I WANT ONE!!!

ARGH!!!

But with the "news" that Plum Crazy Purple is on the horizon....I know WHEN I'll be getting mine!! NEXT SPRING!!!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed