News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New 09 Challenger and Charger owners

Started by Daytona Guy, February 15, 2009, 11:56:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: keepat on February 17, 2009, 11:29:41 AM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on February 17, 2009, 08:50:20 AM
So Pat, which one do you truly enjoy driving the most?  Be honest ;)

Under 60 miles and only 50mph the Charger (cruising) any longer and over 65mph the Challenger hands down!
Pat
No love for the Cobra?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

keepat

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on February 17, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Under 60 miles and only 50mph the Charger (cruising) any longer and over 65mph the Challenger hands down!
Pat
No love for the Cobra?

No disrespect to the Mopar or no car majority on this site but the Shelby would be my 1st choice if I could only have one. I think the Challenger is built a little better and the rear suspension  makes for a nice ride. But the motor in the Shelby trumps all that. 500 hp and with about $1,500 in bolt-on's  she will make closes to 700hp. To make that HP with the Challenger would cost you well over  $8,000.
Now the new Camaro could have them both beat??? I'll let you know in two months ;)
The Challenger still looks the best!  :Twocents:
Pat

mikepmcs

OK, I'm all ears and eyes now. Somebody please explain how you came about getting those striping options on your cars.  For the R/T, all I see is the hood to fender stripe option.  Please educate me on ordering a vehicle.   I really like Sinister's striping with the R/T on the hood and Daytona's/Sinister' striping on the side combo.  Please tell me the perceived issues with the clad 20's.  I'm guessing they are going to peel? They are junk?? etc....  Daytona Guy please explain your wheel choice to me as well.(quality over the available clad ones and price if you don't mind) 
I wasn't going to say anything and just get the car and surprise picture everyone, but I seriously need some advice on the proper way to do this. I would have just went with what I saw on the charts but now I'm seeing options on your cars that I don't see anywhere else.

For reference I'm wanting an R/T Hemi orange with the srt hood treatment and the srt 13 speaker system(i could put a massive system in it myself but why fool with factory, and..... I've heard very positive things about this system) I do not want a sunroof or the hood to fender stripes.  I would like every other option with just the striping/sound change.  Is that possible?
I was unaware that it took that long to have your car built. Forgive my ignorance.

Apologize for the sporadic writing but you get the idea...I NEED GUIDANCE.

Thanks
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chatt69chgr

Hey Sinister68.  Who supplied the blue side stripes and hood treatment on your Challenger?  And what wheels are those on the Challenger? 

I've got the chrome clad wheels on my 2005 RAM.  Have not had any problem with them peeling here in Chattanooga.  Have heard that some folks in Canada and extreme northern states did have some problems.  I assume that the chrome clad wheels on the challenger are made the same way.   

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: keepat on February 17, 2009, 05:23:20 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on February 17, 2009, 03:15:40 PM

Pat
No love for the Cobra?

No disrespect to the Mopar or no car majority on this site but the Shelby would be my 1st choice if I could only have one. I think the Challenger is built a little better and the rear suspension  makes for a nice ride. But the motor in the Shelby trumps all that. 500 hp and with about $1,500 in bolt-on's  she will make closes to 700hp. To make that HP with the Challenger would cost you well over  $8,000.
Now the new Camaro could have them both beat??? I'll let you know in two months ;)
The Challenger still looks the best!  :Twocents:
Pat

Thats why I asked again...I knew the Shelby had to be a "funner" ride.....a new Camaro as well?  Seriously jealous dude :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Sinister68

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 17, 2009, 09:26:11 PM
Hey Sinister68.  Who supplied the blue side stripes and hood treatment on your Challenger?  And what wheels are those on the Challenger?
I got the stripes here.  The wheels are Boss 338 (18x8).
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

68charger383

Quote from: mikepmcs on February 17, 2009, 05:47:21 PM
I would have just went with what I saw on the charts but now I'm seeing options on your cars that I don't see anywhere else.

They also have a spring special coming out. It's B5 blue with the classic package The R/T Classic package will add unique 20-inch polished Heritage wheels, vented performance hood, Classic scripted Challenger badges and flat black body side stripes with R/T Logo.  I think in the summer, it will be available on all the colors.

http://www.challengerblog.com/review/1017892_2009-dodge-challenger-r-t-classic-gets-a-price
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mikepmcs

hmm, maybe i'll wait a little bit longer.  I'm so confused!
thanks
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Chatt69chgr

I went to "D" status on my 2009 Challenger R/T order today.  That means: firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available.  Looks like they are going to actually build it.  I'll post some pic's when it shows up.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 20, 2009, 05:38:04 PM
I went to "D" status on my 2009 Challenger R/T order today.  That means: firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available.  Looks like they are going to actually build it.  I'll post some pic's when it shows up.

Mine went to D1 a week ago (Ordered in Nov) - I call every day. Ha ha. They say my Ship Date is Feb 27th. I'm not holding my breath.

The strypes I am getting are fromn the comp. and the company name and logo and website are on the picture.

Daytona Guy

Wheels came yesturday. SRT8 chrome - 20'  cost= $850.00 wow

keepat

That wheel looks so much better in chrome then my painted wheels! Are you going with a wider tire then the stock 255?
Pat 

Just 6T9 CHGR

Almost looks "chrome clad"....is the inside chromed as well or just the face like the chrome clad 20's??
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Daytona Guy

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on February 17, 2009, 09:26:11 PM

I've got the chrome clad wheels on my 2005 RAM.  Have not had any problem with them peeling here in Chattanooga.  Have heard that some folks in Canada and extreme northern states did have some problems.  I assume that the chrome clad wheels on the challenger are made the same way.   
Yes. The clad RT option 20's I think are the better looking wheel. Factory wheels with chrome - I just do not see them doing it. The clad are a good option for warranty issues. I just want real chrome. The chrome clad does not look as deep. – and I saw them dull a little in time. My SRT8 wheels are my summer wheels and the 18' RT wheels are my Nov – Feb months. I will not be buying rubber for a long time.

Daytona Guy

Quote from: keepat on February 20, 2009, 06:56:30 PM
That wheel looks so much better in chrome then my painted wheels! Are you going with a wider tire then the stock 255?
Pat 

I want to go wider. I want the tire to help protect the rim (scuff) My tire guy is suggesting 275-40-20 from and 255'ss in front. I have no idea if that is wider or not.

Yes - these wheels are chrome through and through

keepat

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 20, 2009, 07:28:59 PM
Pat 

I want to go wider. I want the tire to help protect the rim (scuff) My tire guy is suggesting 275-40-20 from and 255'ss in front. I have no idea if that is wider or not.

I think that a 275/40 would look great! It would be about 3/4" wider the my stock 255/45 but about 3/8 shorter. A 285/40 would be 7/8 wider and the same hight.  :scratchchin:
Pat

Dan T

I Have a new daytona as well. Love it, though I have to say. If it weren't for the wifey putting her foot down, I'd love to trade for a 6spd 5.7 Challenger R/T!! :drool5:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

dukeboy320

Quote from: keepat on February 16, 2009, 08:17:32 PM
Ordered one 12/3/07 and it came in 7/8/08 and I love it! Still gets almost as many looks as my 68 Charger. A good friend just picked up a 09 srt8 stick Challenger and we have a grudge match set for spring. My 08 auto running his 09 manual should be a great race!
Pat         

a rustang! :eek2: :badidea:
Massively Over Powerd And Respected

Daytona Guy

Quote from: keepat on February 20, 2009, 07:57:14 PM
Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 20, 2009, 07:28:59 PM
Pat 

I think that a 275/40 would look great! It would be about 3/4" wider the my stock 255/45 but about 3/8 shorter. A 285/40 would be 7/8 wider and the same hight.  :scratchchin:
Pat

I must have given the wrong numbers then. He said the rear tires are to be 1" taller than the front so I am not sure what that means by the second number, but I know the first number as 275...
I love your pictures of all three of those great cars in your driveway.

69 OUR/TEA

Add myself to the list,  09 R/T ,6spd

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Chatt69chgr

I called dealer last thursday and my car went to paint just before the Brampton Plant shutdown week of 16-20th of Mar.  Car was scheduled to be delivered on April 5.   May be a week late now due to the plant shutdown.  Hemi Orange/RT/6-speed/20's.  I'am getting more and more excited the closer it gets to delivery.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: dukeboy320 on February 22, 2009, 02:20:41 PM
a rustang! :eek2: :badidea:

Dude - that mustang is no joke...   my friend's father bought her one after she wadded up her 65 Fastback on some black ice...     Got to drive it and HOLY $H!T! They are very impressive cars...    ford or not...    

on a side not she did get her 65 fixed...    it has a 408ci / 485hp with a 5-speed...  not bad for her first car...    

Some people just have too much money...  
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Bobs69

Muffin Fudge!  I love those new challengers.  Keepat, in your first picture the challenger looks bigger then the charger!  Tell me, I've heard it said that the 09 challenger is a "plus size pony car", is that so?  It doesn't look any bigger than the mustang in the picture.