News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the 572 in the Black Pig and any track time?

Started by greenpigs, May 08, 2010, 05:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Ron,

I and a bunch of others wanna know how it is coming along.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

mauve66

been waiting a while now....................... :popcrn: :popcrn:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

firefighter3931

Sorry guys, the 572 isn't installed just yet. Been busy moving to a new home and unpacking etc...

Got some time off later this month but there's lots to do ;

- pull the entire drivetrain
- new stuff for the trans : billet pump gear and steel planetaries + new TQ converter/flexplate
- Dana is getting a new Detroit locker SG unit to replace the clutch style power loc
- Install the CalTrac mono leafs and bars + Rancho shocks
- Complete new fuel system with braided lines and Mallory 250 pump
- Install new sumped fuel tank
- New crossflow rad with dual fans
- New Willwood master cylinder
- Electrical wiring & relays for fans/fuel pump/line lock etc...
- Weld in the exhaust cutouts

* I'll have the car out sometime this summer with a track report. Once i get  it running i'll post up a vid or two.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Mefirst

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 10, 2010, 11:03:44 AM
Sorry guys, the 572 isn't installed just yet. Been busy moving to a new home and unpacking etc...

Got some time off later this month but there's lots to do ;

- pull the entire drivetrain
- new stuff for the trans : billet pump gear and steel planetaries + new TQ converter/flexplate
- Dana is getting a new Detroit locker SG unit to replace the clutch style power loc
- Install the CalTrac mono leafs and bars + Rancho shocks
- Complete new fuel system with braided lines and Mallory 250 pump
- Install new sumped fuel tank
- New crossflow rad with dual fans
- New Willwood master cylinder
- Electrical wiring & relays for fans/fuel pump/line lock etc...
- Weld in the exhaust cutouts

* I'll have the car out sometime this summer with a track report. Once i get  it running i'll post up a vid or two.  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

:cheers: Ron

I can only assume that al this work is, because you are still taking my challenge seriously, though this challenge was made many, many moons ago.. The thing that caught my eye is the Cal-Tracks, been thinking about doing that upgrade to on my ride, but then again I haven't even really driven it at the track, so Ill race this season with the SS springs.. Gonna look forward to hearing your thoughts about them...

What kinda TQ are you gonna buy, I remember that you also had the same 9.5" Dynamic TQ I have in my trans.. What is the reason for the change?

Take care!

/Tom

R2

Dude,
Get 'Crack-a-lackin',,,,,that list should take just a afternoon to install,,,,lol
Norwalk should be a great time this year,,,,

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

FLG

HAHA,

I took that pic and added the pig on Ron awhile ago, didnt think anyone noticed LMAO!!