News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear ends

Started by mopar_madman, February 14, 2009, 04:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar_madman

Are the later 70's cordoba,charger and magnum rear ends a direct swap in a 73 charger?
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Ghoste

The rear track is the same but I don't know about the spring perches, you may have to get them rewelded.

mopar_madman

More specific its a 79 cordoba rear 9 1/4 i want to swap in my 73 for my 8 1/4
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Ghoste

Measure the distance between the spring perches and that will give you a better idea as to direct bolt in.  Like I said, brake to brake appears to be the same.

idahogrumpy

I would be willing to bet that it would bolt up. Both should be of iso mount type. Like what was said earlier check the dimension at the spring pads. Now the drive line may be another problem. More than likely it will need to be shortened and rebalanced.  :Twocents: Kyle
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .

mopar_madman

Thanks for the replies, its going to go in when i do my big block conversion so the drive shaft will be done then anyway. I just don't have acess to the rear end so I can measure, I'll have to take a drive out to where the guy has it, was just wondering if anyone here has made the swap and would know if they are a direct bolt in.
1973 Dodge Charger
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger