News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hooker headers

Started by 72charger440, February 14, 2009, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

72charger440

just bought some hooker headers for my 440 and before they get here i was wondering do i have 2 pull my engine  2 put the headers in? some people were tellin me that but unsure, does any body know if they fit the 3rd gen chargers without pulling the engine? by the way they are the 250.00 hookers headers
72 charger SE 440 big block  
mopar or no car!!!!

Ghoste

Not completely pull but you will find your life MUCH easier to unbolt the engine mounts and jack it up some.

BigBlockSam

QuoteNot completely pull but you will find your life MUCH easier to unbolt the engine mounts and jack it up some.

:yesnod:  yep , what he said and still a pain in the ass to install .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

72charger440

lame! i wonder could i come in from the bottom of the car 2 install them?
mopar or no car!!!!

Ghoste

Thats how I installed my last set but they were on a low deck and it was still a TIGHT fit.  I can't see being able to do it on the RB without raising the engine no matter which side you attack it from.  Maybe but I think you may as well just settle in for the raised engine way from the start and make your life easier.

72charger440

yeah i guess thats what i got 2 do. thanks
mopar or no car!!!!

idahogrumpy

You are going to have starter and steering coupler clearance issues. The car will need to go in the air a long way, and yes the engine will need to be raised out of the mount or mounts. It is a bunch of fun!!! You will learn some new words along the way!  :popcrn: Have fun Kyle
Too much to say
Too much to do
Too tired to get it done
Too stubborn to give up
GRUMPY
Modified 73 440 Charger, 03 Intrepid SXT, 02 Neon and 2001 Ram 1500 .