News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best oil to use? Best spark plug to use?

Started by 73TXRallye440, October 17, 2008, 08:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

firefighter3931

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 03, 2009, 08:04:58 PM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 03, 2009, 02:31:28 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on October 19, 2008, 09:35:31 PM
NGK for plugs
Valvoline vr-1 racing oil + eos additive & wix/Napa gold oil filters
Firecore wires....topshelf quality and construction

Ron

Ron, I changed my oil to the Valvoline V-1 20W50 as you commend here over the weekend. I could not find the EOS additive you speak of and was wondering where to get it/order it and if it is needed when  running Comp Cams roller rockers as I do in my 440? Also, What part number is it for the NGK plugs and do you know if they come in the short variety in order to install them around my headers?

As mentioned by the previous poster....EOS is avilable at your local GM dealer parts counter. You can also use Comp Cams breakin lube or ZZDP+

I like the NGK XR5 plugs when using pump gas compression and factory Iron heads. These are std. dimension plugs, FYI

http://www.glowplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=2552

Ron

Andy, i went and looked at your website (nice car  :icon_smile_big:) and realized that you are running a set of Eddy RPM heads....you didn't mention that when asking for a plug recommendation.  :P

The XR5's are a 13/16 plug for stock heads and you need a 5/8 plug for alum heads.  :yesnod:

The correct NGK plug for your application is the BCPR-6ES

http://www.glowplugs.com/more_info.asp?AAIA=&pid=2853

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68RT4ME

Thanks Ron. I meant to tell you that but read you figured it out. I appreciate the nice comments and your help here as we always do. Thanks for taking the time.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

firefighter3931

Quote from: 68RT4ME on February 04, 2009, 12:58:19 PM
Thanks Ron. I meant to tell you that but read you figured it out. I appreciate the nice comments and your help here as we always do. Thanks for taking the time.

You're welcome Andy  ;)

I don't know what Cam you have in your engine but if it's a flat tappet (hydralic or solid) the EP additive is cheap insurance. The added protection won't hurt any other stress points in the valvetrain either. Rocker arms, valve tips and pushrods are all under tremendous loads so it's important to have a good lubrication package with lots of Exteme Pressure additives to prevent premature wear or even worse, failure of those components.  :yesnod:

When you get a chance, send some warm air from Fla up to Canada, will ya !  :lol:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

68beepbeep

Napa~oil filter

Autolite~ plugs

Oil~I buy it in 5 gallon containers, has paraffin wax

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX