News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Went for a little cruise.....in Norway!! (pictures)

Started by suntech, February 13, 2009, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Went for a ride again today. Runs great :2thumbs: Main roads were pretty good, so i went for an hour trip :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Hemidog

69*F5*SE

Glad you got to take her out for a ride.  To be honest, your car doesn't look like it needs any new body parts from looking at the pictures but I know pics can be deceiving.  It looks good.    :2thumbs:  Ted

tan top

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on February 13, 2009, 11:39:59 AM
Glad you got to take her out for a ride.  To be honest, your car doesn't look like it needs any new body parts from looking at the pictures but I know pics can be deceiving.  It looks good.    :2thumbs:  Ted

yeah just what i was thinking  :yesnod:  .. body looks good  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

suntech

I had it up on the 4 post today, and was really happy with what i could find. Framerails are great, and flors ar great, apart from a little piece under the pedals. The worst part is actually that the quarter skins are putted on VERY bad, and the outer wheel houses are not going all the way out. There is a half inch gap. They have actually cutted in them, to get 1/4´s off, without replacing them. Rockers has a few issues, mainly due to poor craftmanship.

First thing that will happen, is to put the car in the frame jig, and get all measurments right. Then subframe connectors, to stiffen it up, before i start on quarters, whellhouses and trunk floor. Will leave it on the wheels, till that is done.

I am superhappy with the car, and cant wait to start building  :2thumbs: 
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Charger_Fan

Will you drive it in the snow again after you git it fixed up? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

suntech

QuoteWill you drive it in the snow again after you git it fixed up?

hehe, i guess not!!! Then again.................never know :D

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

suntech

QuoteSo how does Charger handle in the snow?

You will get a stiff neck, from looking out the side window all the time :D

Ghoste

RD

good show.. oh btw.. i see global warming is kicking norway's behind this year huh? :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

lastoasis

suntech

QuoteCharger in the snow

Hehe, yes i was over to a buddy of mine yesterday night, and they are plowing a drifting cours eon the ice there today, and he has wheels with ice spikes sitting there!! Drifting on ice....with the Charger would have been fun, but i cant get the heater fan to work, and it is a good hour drive over there, so i chickened out, at least for today :slap:
Would have been fun though :scratchchin: :D

hemi68charger

Quote from: suntech on February 13, 2009, 10:32:54 AM
Went for a ride again today. Runs great :2thumbs: Main roads were pretty good, so i went for an hour trip :2thumbs:

Your lawn's getting thick, I think you need to mow it..... It's almost 6 inches thick.........    :icon_smile_big:

Oh,, great pics by the way.......... You have some large cars in European-standards with the dually.
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

suntech

QuoteYou have some large cars in European-standards with the dually.

You can just imagine what my neighboars said when i came home with the dually, when i bought it 9 years ago!!
One came over and asked: but does´nt it use a lot of diesel??
My reply was: Yes, but i have a big tank, and they sell diesel all over the place here, so that is ok :2thumbs:

They have given up on me, and classify me as beyond repair!!!  :smilielol: :smilielol:

1969chargerrtse

Looks great.  I love seeing USA, Detroit steel auto's in other Countries.  :patriot:

Global warming, Oh please. :insertsarcasm:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: suntech on February 14, 2009, 07:46:03 AM
QuoteCharger in the snow

Hehe, yes i was over to a buddy of mine yesterday night, and they are plowing a drifting cours eon the ice there today, and he has wheels with ice spikes sitting there!! Drifting on ice....with the Charger would have been fun, but i cant get the heater fan to work, and it is a good hour drive over there, so i chickened out, at least for today :slap:
Would have been fun though :scratchchin: :D

Hoahh ! Drifting on ice with a Charger equipped with ice spikes, that would make a good video :D
Please Rolf, please make it happend.....
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

suntech

QuotePlease Rolf, please make it happend.....

It is to late today, but if this cold weather holds up, i will get that freak´n heater fan to work next week, and give it a go next weekend, if local enforcement still let us!! hehe

FLG

Just do what i do .....wear a couple layers and when you cant feel your feet anymore your all set  :2thumbs:

duo-stripe

Quote from: suntech on February 13, 2009, 10:32:54 AM

we will see you in Vasteras in july i presume?  :icon_smile_big:
the Dutch guys will be there also

Grtz Marcel, Netherlands
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

suntech

Quotewe will see you in Vasteras in july i presume? 
the Dutch guys will be there also
Would love to go to Vasterås, but i am in Korea working then. :brickwall: Gotta make some money, to spend some money!!!  :shruggy:

jb666

That looks really nice..  It doesn't look to me like they use salt & sand in your area, at least not in those pictures.. What do they treat the roads with?

:cheers:

suntech

They do use salt on the main roads here also, but salt doesnt work when colder than app. 24 deg, so when it is colder, they just plow. On side roads they use sand, when needed. IMO steady winter roads are nice to drive on :2thumbs: Screw the salt and sand, just ruin cars :shruggy:

Daytona Guy

Are you near the Gjesdal province? As you can tell by my last name I am Norwegian. Looks cold there! :o

Dane Gjesdal

suntech

Quote from: Daytona Guy on February 16, 2009, 12:02:39 AM
Are you near the Gjesdal province? As you can tell by my last name I am Norwegian. Looks cold there! :o

Dane Gjesdal

Hey Dane! Gjesdal is a little further west from me, i would think a 3-4 hour drive, if i found the right place. Is it a little place, just a little further up in the valley, from the bottom of the fjord going in from Stavanger, right??

I live in Kristiansand, little further east from the south tip of Norway. Yup, it was cold here for a few days, in the 10s and low 20s, but nw we are back up to low 30s. Not much of cruising weather though..... got another 4 inches of snow yesterday :shruggy: