News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use these cad and zinc plate kits?

Started by hemi68charger, February 09, 2009, 12:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Anyone have experience with these various replating kits you see in Hemmings or sites like this?

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/index.html

Thinking it might be a lot easier to replate things myself, i.e backing plates, strikers, fasteners, etc.

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

captnsim

The kits work well...Just be sure to know all the steps and chems for the particular type of plating your going to do. Parts must be clean, clean, clean for good adhesion and smooth plating. You also may want to look into disposal of the chemicals...that can be costly. Plus remember the chems can get old to so only buy what you can use fairly quickly. Plating is a long process and releases fumes so have some venting. Oh and have fun...plating can be very rewarding...

Ghoste

I have a few of those Caswell kits too and that pretty much sums it up.  Cleanliness, prep, good lighting, prep, fresh chemicals, prep, good electrical control if you get nto the better kits, prep, heat, good polisher/buffer, fume control and make sure the stuff is not anywhere near where kids can get to it.  Did I mention prep work?