News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know which size fan shroud will fit aftermarket 440/400 radiator?

Started by WH23G3G, February 13, 2009, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

My 73 was a 318 26" radiator car originally. The original radiator was gone before I got the car. I knew I was going to have to adapt an aftermarket radiator to fit because I couldn't find a 26" BB radiator with the inlet/outlet on passenger side anywhere. I think Stephens had a salvage one for like $800 shipped. It's not worth it to me. I bought an aftermarket radiator that was suppose to fit a 73 Charger with a 400. But it's core is 27.25. So it's about an inch away from bolting up on the driver's side. But on these 73 Chargers with the 318 and 26" radiator the core support on the driver's side is flared out whereas the passenger side is just flat sheetmetal. So the radiator is just wide enough to go over this flare and be flush with the core support on the driver's side. I just need to drill some holes in the core support for the radiator bolts. I can probably even use the original radiator bolts. But I'm wondering what fan shroud I should try? The core itself is more than 26" so I don't know if the 26" fan shroud will fit. Doesn't the fan shroud mount over the radiator to core support bolts? I don't have any shrouds to test so I would be buying one just to see if it fits. If anyone has changed to an aftermarket 27.25 radiator and been able to retain a factory shroud please let me know how you did it.