News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Control module

Started by 4Bangin69, February 09, 2009, 11:50:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4Bangin69

How do you know if the ignition control module is bad? What will the car do? Will the car start? Does it affect the amount if spark?

Just 6T9 CHGR

If module is bad, car wont start.   I have seen them when hot cause a misfire as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

I think there are commercial testers out there but if there are I'm sure they aren't cheap or common.  The best test is to swap it with a known good one.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: 4Bangin69 on February 09, 2009, 11:50:24 PM
How do you know if the ignition control module is bad? What will the car do? Will the car start? Does it affect the amount if spark?

Wondered what happened to you and your Charger 4Bangan69? I'd replace the unit with a new one, if the old one isn't bad, well, you'll have a spare which you'll more than likely need some day.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

RD

oreillys can test those if you need to.  make sure the ground is clean where it attaches to the firewall.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

GreenMachine

If there's a stream of melted epoxy below it, it's bad.  :Twocents:
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

flyinlow

Check the ballast resistor too.  If it starts while cranking then dies after you release the key to run it could be the resistor.