News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

Nice bikes LUMI.  :yesnod: The chrome dash and clear lenses on the first one look great.
I'll have my V-max someday too.  :2thumbs:  :cheers: 

c00nhunterjoe

SFRT

just about have the shovelhead done..just waiting to gt the tanks and rear fender back from the painter.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

captnsim

Man that thing is sick.  :drool5: Nice and clean looking, no clutter...and that retro/rat look you got going on is just awesome. Great spot for the rear signals too.
I'm thinking those brass knucs could do a job to your calf if your not paying attention...  :o 
I can't wait to see it done.  :cheers:   

bigred68

SFRT, I'm loving it!! Totally old school!! TOO cool! :drool5: Rigid, the coating on the pipes, awsome!! I just love it!! The spring loaded seat,  the FLH wide front end with wide tire and the tin, (Are you gonna put the headlight nacelle on it also? (I hope)) The wide white walls, awsome fabbed up looking oil sack, The white stripes on the seat, The big thick forward mounts, (Those are totally old school!!). Man, can ya tell, I'm in love!! TOTAL bar bike!! I can't wait to see it with the tin!! Please keep us posted!! :2thumbs:
:cheers:

bigred68

Hello all! I just thought I'd post a couple of pics. of my new little bike. I started riding about 15 yrs. ago on a 1986 V-45 Magna. I was then fortunate enough to be able to purchase very cheaply a complete and running 1981 HD Sportster XLH 1000. I disassembled and completely rebuilt it from ground up, had the tins painted Viper yellow, it was a real looker!. I sold the Sporty for 4700.00 and purchased a 1974 HD FXES. The FX had been redone by my uncle and was an awsome machine! (although abit unreliable). I traded the FX at SouthEast HD (Cleveland) for a 2000 Sporster 1200 Custom XLH. Now, THAT was a nice bike! Aztec Orange, chrome galore, solid rear wheel, laced 21" front, just wow what a nice bike, I miss it big time. Sold It for what I paid for it 2 years later for the Charger! I love the Charger, but I was kinda' missing being "in the wind". This Buell Blast came available, (for a REALLY good price) the milage was SUPER low, (had 11 miles on it) and even though I'm not working at the moment, my wife purchased it for me. Did I say I love her? Anyhow, here it is, A 2001 Buell Blast 500cc. These bikes are kinda starter bikes and its actually kinda' small, (even for little me!) but like I said it was a great deal on a practically brand new bike that gets 50m.p.g. and is a heck of alot of fun!! For those of you that would like to know more about my little Buell (Like its Harley-Davidson roots) shoot me a pm, I'd love to tell you about it !

bigred68

Hey SFRT, shovelhead done yet?  :drool5:

SFRT

waiting for my fender and tanks from :'( the painters.
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

captnsim

That's some awesome paint...Kinda looks like my hand hammered copper snare. Can't wait to see those tins mounted.
Whats that thing in the background with the tracks?

SFRT

thats actually copper leaf. guy about went crazy laying it down,

I used to be into building 1/6 scale rc tanks...thats a Tiger I
Always Drive Responsibly

NYCMille

That is one SERIOUSLY COOL ride!  :coolgleamA:

1969chargerrtse

My first car was a bike.  I used to drive my bike in the snow to get to work. I've been riding for almost 40 years but sold my bike 2 years ago to help pay for all the engine compartment work.  I thought I was done with bikes forever but I'm getting the itch again.  I think this coming winter I'll look for a cheap Honda Gold Wing ( the old mans bike )  I had 5 of them in the past and never did anything but turn the key and drive.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

lisiecki1

Quote from: SFRT on July 14, 2009, 06:42:52 PM
thats actually copper leaf. guy about went crazy laying it down,

I used to be into building 1/6 scale rc tanks...thats a Tiger I

more pics of said tanks please.  maybe start a tank thread?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

bigred68

Quote from: SFRT on July 14, 2009, 06:32:13 PM
cool..they just showed up

Just waaaay cool! :2thumbs: Talk about timing!! I've seen that type of swirl done with gold leaf  before but never copper! Just too awsome. Please keep us posted!! :2thumbs:

lisiecki1

sorry, let me clarify....the r/c tanks  :2thumbs:
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

wayfast1500

Those tins look sick.  What years your shovel?  I started to build a 74 xlch ironhead, but had to sell it.  I had a paugho frame, Manley valves, bored out, progressive springs, right hand shift ect.  Wish I could have finished it.

sixty8charger

I ride a 2003 Kawasaki Mean Streak, 1500. Think i have over 24k miles on it now. Been all around CA, AZ, and now (just starting) NC. pretty fun ride! Wife does't ride with me much..  maybe been on 500miles with me?  not much... i will have to post a picture later because this computer has all the USB ports blocked...  damn gov't.
Jayson

JohnnyBee

SFRT

put in a good solid day on the shovelhead, should have it totally finished tommorrow

Always Drive Responsibly

XS29J8

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM
My other passion next to my charger is my RSVR Milli. Loaded with ergal, arrow exhaust, power commander, and chipped.  OZ wheels, Brembo brakes, Ohlin shocks and forks. 1000cc V twin. 1 of 2000 made. Tons of carbon fiber goodies. Intergrated blinkers, most decals removed, and tail painted black.
Lets see what yeah got...Post some pics.

Some great bikes on this thread, thought I'd add the "Bike of Bikes" which turned the bike world on its ear in the fall of 1972....I've owned one since Jan 73 and still think it's the best looking and performing bike ever built........

HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

TiMopar

I put some new clothes on mine for the 'summer'. It was raining while I was doing it, and has rained practically every day since....

Chad

Vroom Vroom party starter

Not mine, but same bikes

1969 Honda 50 / Mountain Bike
"Well, I'll say this: climbing can kill you, but women can destroy you. There's a big difference, y'know."--Derek Hersey

bigred68

Quote from: SFRT on August 04, 2009, 07:30:29 PM
put in a good solid day on the shovelhead, should have it totally finished tommorrow
SFRT, just awsome man, Damn, tooo cool! Do you happen to have any video of it yet? I'd LOOOVE to hear that ole' shovel!! Also, Whats its name?