News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

Nice KLR  :yesnod: and Road Runner  :yesnod: and Firebird  :yesnod:
How fast does it go?

oldcarnut

Quote from: captnsim on April 13, 2009, 12:50:44 PM
Nice KLR  :yesnod: and Road Runner  :yesnod: and Firebird  :yesnod:
How fast does it go?
Thanks, The RR is going to be a Superbird Clone-http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53678.0.html
The 68 FB Vert Sprint I restored for the wife. I have run the KLR up to about 90mph for a quick blast when it had more street like tires on it but I don't run it much above highway speeds.  Something about only having a about 1/4" strip of rubber on the roads at higher speeds keeps me from going too fast  ;D .  On the trails I've gone pretty fast but didn't check the speedo.  Too many potholes and etc. but I was flying by cars in the road next to the field that were in a 45 mph limit. At my age it takes a lot longer to heal from the falls, bumps, and bruises than when I was racing motocross in the 70's .

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM
My other passion next to my charger is my RSVR Milli. Loaded with ergal, arrow exhaust, power commander, and chipped.  OZ wheels, Brembo brakes, Ohlin shocks and forks. 1000cc V twin. 1 of 2000 made. Tons of carbon fiber goodies. Intergrated blinkers, most decals removed, and tail painted black.
Lets see what yeah got...Post some pics.

Man that is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE biked.. Since I was 16, I've had 19 bikes.. (yes, I guess I have a problem).  Now, if I'm remembering correctly, you were 6'2"+ , right?? You need a big bike...

My favorite bike was my GSXR1000 that I just sold (to buy the General)

captnsim

Yep 6'4" so no little 600's for me... You going to get another bike Jeff??

jb666

Quote from: captnsim on April 17, 2009, 05:14:21 PM
Yep 6'4" so no little 600's for me... You going to get another bike Jeff??

No, I made a deal with the wife... When I ride, I tend to be a bit reckless... So the deal was that I could do what I want with cars but NO MORE BIKES  :lol: :lol:

SeattleCharger

I'm thinking of selling the harley, and getting a car and a dual purpose bike.

I kind of like the 250 motocross type, that is light and bare bones, barely street legal.  So I could still throw it in my pick up and take it over to east of the mountains and do some decent trail riding, but drive it around town here for short rides to and from places,
  any thoughts on this type bike?   Seems like a lot of people that get this bike want to go up to a 650cc or something, probably cause the smaller cc isn't that good for farther road riding?  
 I had a KTM 495 motocross bike back in the day, so I do appreciate the power, but the price and availability of a 250 is better.   I don't know.   just looking for anyone's  :Twocents:    If I ever get more money, I would like another harley, but a 2002 or newer and a roadking.  :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

wayfast1500

If your looking for a dual purpose I would not get one if your planning on riding on the highway.  I know my kx 250 tops out at around 60-70.  If I were to get one it would be a 650.

oldcarnut

I haven't rode a 250 since my 1974 CR250 so I don't have a comparison to what the power is like on the 250 4-strokers today.  I like my KLR650 and don't think I would want anything smaller for road use unless it was for occasional trips to local stores.  I'm also 6"7" and the 650's fit me better. It may be that if you got a dually that you would end up riding it on the road more than you thought.  I thought I would just see a little road use but I've spend almost more on the road than off.  The 650's aren't the most nimble to throw around in the woods or up in a truck bed but I do fine for my riding which is more open trails so far.  If I had a choice of the XR650 I had and the KLR I have I would take the XR for the better offroad.   

wayfast1500

I know my xl weighs around 500lbs and it gets blown around on the highway I would not want to be on a 200-300lb 250.

SeattleCharger

thank you, that's exactly the kind of experience info I was looking for

dukeboy320

i dont own one but i love WCC (West Coast Choppers) always been a fan there the BEST out there! LBC STRONG!

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

wayfast1500

I actually went to WCC a few years back it was pretty impressive, lots of cool things to look at.  At first jesse seemed pretty down to earth but seems like his popularity is starting to make his head big.

69charger2002

funny i come across this thread for the first time and i bought my first ever bike last yesterday. i had heard that a 250 is a good beginner bike but once you learn to ride good in a month you're bored with it. so i got a kawasaki ninja 650 to learn on. it's an 07 model, and i already love it.
trav

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

captnsim

Wow, thats a sweet bike. You got any more pics of it?

bakerhillpins

That is a good looking Ka-za-uki you have there.

I think that you made the right choice with regard to size. I started with a 86 500 and that was a blast. Moved up to a 750 after 10 yrs and don't need anymore than that. I can kill myself just as fast as I could with liter class bikes.  :-\

I hope you spent some money on quality gear, its well worth the investment!  :yesnod: Trust me.  :brickwall:

I was finally able to commute on the bike this AM. After dealing with a charging issue, flat tire, and gear issues.  :coolgleamA: :D

Bryan

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

73 charger

When not working on my charger or other cars!  I ride a 1999 HD FatBoy.

Mike
1973 Dodge Charger, "Big Blue", Petty Blue (TB3), 408 Stroker, 460 TQ, RPM Air Gap Dual Plane Intake #7577, Edelbrock 750 cfm Performer Carb #1411, Holley Fuel pump (110 gph), Edelbrock #8877 water pump, MSD #8388 pro-billet RTR distrib, Comp Cam 233I/240E, lobe sep 110 deg, Hayes Heavy-Duty Flexplate, TCI Breakaway Torque Converter-stall 2200-2400, TCI 727-Street Fighter, DTS Stainless Steel balanced drive shaft tube with 7290 u-joint/yoke, DTS 3:54 Dana 60, Trak-Lok posi-unit, MT Drag Radials

wayfast1500

How do you like riding with those rims on the fatboy? I've heard some horror stories about the wind catching the solid wheel and making for a interesting ride.

captnsim

I've heard that too...curious to hear your take on it Mike.
Nice looking bike  :2thumbs: Any mods? 

SeattleCharger

Nice fatboy!  sure is in nice shape, too.   here's mine, 97 fatboy

I  think its a myth.    I read somewhere that a spoked rim is the same as a solid rim in terms of catching the wind after 26 m.p.h. as it is spinning so fast it acts as a solid object to catch wind.     for example, look at a helicopter blade, of the circle when sitting still, it is almost all open, blades are small amount of that circles area.  but when spinning it catches enough wind to lift a chopper off ground,    a spinning spoked wheel on freeway is a solid disc as far as sidewind is concerned.   and the side of bike on any big bike is a big surface area for wind, so combine all this, and a fatboy and other big bikes are same from side wind, if you think there is a difference I think you are imagining it,    :Twocents:

wayfast1500

Ya I've never ridden one but that makes sence. 

LUMI

Charger_Fan

Quote from: LUMI on June 18, 2009, 12:49:02 PM
i have few Eliminators

I don't see any 250 Eliminators in that bunch...why not? :lol:  J/K :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

LUMI

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 18, 2009, 01:47:10 PM

I don't see any 250 Eliminators in that bunch...why not? :lol:  J/K :icon_smile_big:

well i only like 16 valve motors :icon_smile_big:
on that picture there are 2 900´s -85/86 and -87 500

Charger_Fan

Quote from: LUMI on June 18, 2009, 01:51:41 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 18, 2009, 01:47:10 PM

well i only like 16 valve motors :icon_smile_big:
on that picture there are 2 900´s -85/86 and -87 500
Actually, I think I'm thinking of 125 Eliminators...those always strike me as such an oxymoron. :smilielol:
Your bikes look pretty cool. They look like they have a little V-Max styling in them. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

LUMI

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 18, 2009, 01:59:51 PM

Actually, I think I'm thinking of 125 Eliminators...those always strike me as such an oxymoron. :smilielol:
Your bikes look pretty cool. They look like they have a little V-Max styling in them. :)

yes same era
ZL 900 was introduced as a power cruiser and still it is quite fast, 0-50mph 2.2s
it had 300cc smaller engine than V Max but it was only a bit slower
ZL900 1/4mile time 11,07@123,25mph vs V Max 10,99@124,04mph
and all ZL900 were made in USA :yesnod:

i will have V Max and Honda X4 http://www.japsirauta.fi/X4.html in my stable in the future too