News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Quote from: keepat on February 20, 2009, 07:31:58 PM
Any other sidecars out there? I built this bike 4 years ago so I could take both my boys out!
Pat

That has got to be the most beautiful bike with side car I have ever seen!!!!!! Come to Vegas!!!  :yesnod: :yesnod: I want a ride!!!! Great job on your build!

MRS. SKIP68 ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

keepat

Charger_Fan

Quote from: captnsim on February 10, 2009, 12:19:00 PM
...I rode the bike home and I still have it...Rotting out back of my house.        
Just don't leave it there too long, or... :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

SeattleCharger

Looks like the tree likes that bike,  like its protecting its baby

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bull

Forget all that other stuff I said. I figured out which bike I want now... a KTM 690 Duke. This thing looks like a cross between the Terminator and a wasp:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: bull on March 13, 2009, 12:13:04 AM
Forget all that other stuff I said. I figured out which bike I want now... a KTM 690 Duke. This thing looks like a cross between the Terminator and a wasp:

I love KTM's.   that is interesting, looks like a crosscountry dual purpose frame/suspension layout, obviously has street tires there,   but why would they put the pipe so low and that air intake looking thing down there?  otherwise it would have decent ground clearance under frame and high travel suspension.  
   Is that strictly a street bike for people who like to sit like they are on a dirt bike/dual purpose ergonomic setup?

dads_69

The reason for having the exhaust low is due to long distance traveling if the pipe was under the seat, riddder would get toasted. Air box to keep bike engine cooler at low level vs. tucked up and away like a dirt bike version.
I myself would go w/a Buell  XB12T or XB12X bike for street vs. the KTM.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bull

Yea, I'm not sure about all that hardware at the bottom. :shruggy: I think KTM was going for the Supermoto look with the Duke but in the practical application it's really a straight up street bike.

This below is more of the true Supermoto bike:

bull

Quote from: dads_69 on March 13, 2009, 01:36:07 AM
The reason for having the exhaust low is due to long distance traveling if the pipe was under the seat, riddder would get toasted. Air box to keep is to keep bike engine cooler at low level vs. tucked up and away like a dirt bike version.
I myself would go w/a Buell  XB12T or XB12X bike for street vs. the KTM.

Mark

I like the looks of the Buells but the guys I know that own them say they are not a quality bike. Of course that doesn't sway them from owning Buells but looks is about as far as it goes for them.

SFRT

finally got some bike time in this weekend.

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kingjoop

me and my wife use to be a bike fan... spend lot's of years on 2 wheels.. but when i got kids i sold them...

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

wayfast1500

I ride motocross on a 2000 kx250, its pretty stock it has v-force reeds, procircuit pipe, procircuit shorty silencer, and street I have a 1995 Xl 1200 lowered 4" with progressive drop springs, chopped fender, stainless lines, oil cooler, sidemount plate, 16" apes.

SeattleCharger

What is a 95 Xl 1200, ?  have a pic?

captnsim

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on March 15, 2009, 09:58:31 PM
What is a 95 Xl 1200, ?  have a pic?
Bigger version of Evil Knievel's bike

wayfast1500

Thats the Xl I did change the seat. 

And heres a bad pic of the kx. 

Before those bikes I was on a 84 FLT, 74 ironhead rigid, 06 shadow, 80 gs 750, 86 yz 250, 90 yamaha banshee, 76 rm250.  Out of those bikes I got some experience wrenching on the older stuff, I couldnt beat the honda it went thru a lot of 3rd and 4th gear burn outs and it would boil a nice tire.  I wish I kept the gs it was a real fun bike to ride and was constantly turning heads and starting conversations in parking lots.

captnsim

Buddy of mine had a KX 220 fun bike but not a 250 by any means.
Well the snow is almost gone here. Should be able to get my bike out in a week or so. Can't wait... anyone been riding already? 

wayfast1500

I had the Xl out, I was very surprised at the torque.  It was comparable to the straight 4 Gs I had.  Front tire comes right up if you crack it.  I been riding motox a lot lately atliest a few times a week. 

captnsim

What did you have for a Suzuki? (edit) Duh read the post from before, I'm such a Idiot... 750. Any pics?? Use that jump pic as your avatar!!!!

SeattleCharger

I rode my harley last weekend on saturday and sunday, was glad it started up and ran good after being stored 41/2 months, so that was good.  Was fun.  now weather has been bad again, but spring/summer is almost here, can't wait

captnsim

I'm jealous...I haven't rode mine yet this year. I did stick the tail out the door (daylight basement) and fired it up a few times this winter so it should be fine I hope. I'd of had it out by now but the snow piles from plowing block both roads to my basement door. SOON!!!!!

skip68

You know, if you move to Vegas you can ride all year round.   :nana:

captnsim

Chuck, I used to like you...  :slap: OK I still do.

redrider

it might not be a street bike but heres mine

oldcarnut

Went out some myself this week to try out the new tires.  Since we're posting some knobbies here's me and mine a KLR 650.  Had an XR 650 before this one.  The Kawasaki is more road friendly but the XR 650 would take a rougher ride off road  .
David