News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captnsim

You got that right SFRT. Plenty of used high end bikes with almost no miles on them...Cheap.
Looking forward to those pics :2thumbs:

The Swede

I have a VTX 1800 -02

and a BMW K1200S -07

The Swede :icon_smile_big:

captnsim

Wow Swede  :drool5: nice mix with those two  :yesnod: 

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

captnsim

Nice  :drool5: SFRT  :2thumbs: What a clean looking shovel, where are all the cables and wires  :shruggy: Whats up with that seat  :eek2: looks kinda painfull from this angle... :o just kidding...Those are some sick rides...I wouldn't mind seeing more of that shovel...   

SFRT

the brake and clutch ines on the shovel are hydraulic and run inside the frame. all the wires etc also run through the frame.same for the throttle.

I am in the middle of redoing the whole bike right now, once its reassembled ( in about 3 weeks) ill take some glory shots. i made a few improvenments....
Always Drive Responsibly

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

captnsim

That's some sick stuff you got their SFRT. Thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:
Love that rat rod to!!! 

dads_69

I forgot to mention my classic bike. It's a 1961 or '62 Bridgestone 160. Similar to a Yamaha.
I'll try to post photos later of my toys.

'08 GSXR 750
'06 WR450F
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

472 R/T SE

Let's see if I can mimic the sound of a Bridgestone. 

"ring, a ding, ding, ding"
" a ring, a ding, ding, ding"

My Dad had one of those too.  Between it and the '61 Impala I must have put a quarter of a million miles on them as they sat in the garage.  I remember the rubber piece on the side of the tank and the two post kick stand (why I was able to ride it so much  :D) propping it vertical.

dads_69

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 14, 2009, 09:10:44 PM
Let's see if I can mimic the sound of a Bridgestone. 

"ring, a ding, ding, ding"
" a ring, a ding, ding, ding"

My Dad had one of those too.  Between it and the '61 Impala I must have put a quarter of a million miles on them as they sat in the garage.  I remember the rubber piece on the side of the tank and the two post kick stand (why I was able to ride it so much  :D) propping it vertical.

That's funny. I restore bikes as well as cars/trucks. A customer gave it to me a while ago, he owed me some $$ but didn't have it to give so I took the bike as payment.
I don't plan on riding it ever, just a conversation piece.

Mark

500hp_440

Can someone help figure out what bike this is?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONmuTS2tCRw
Its at 2:15-2:18 and 2:39-2:41
and how to do those tricks? I think it looks pretty a sick a sideways doughnut on a bike and hold the throttle off the bike and make it do doughnuts
Let it alone^.

lisiecki1

cbr600's set up for stunting with cages and 12 oclock bars...............as far as learning.......there's video's on youtube.....make sure you have good insurance....and like pain.....and the site of your own blood if you really want to learn
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

captnsim

:iagree: Also remember that the bikes are set up for stunting with special gearing. As well as expecting them to get thrashed...they are stripped of street gear, such as headlights, upper fairings and blinkers.
As well as youtube...Try and find a group that puts on exhibitions...Don't piss them off and cut out the tough guy act...And maybe they will show you some stuff in time. And yes you will bleed...Alot.

500hp_440

Quote from: captnsim on February 15, 2009, 09:48:30 PM
:iagree: Also remember that the bikes are set up for stunting with special gearing. As well as expecting them to get thrashed...they are stripped of street gear, such as headlights, upper fairings and blinkers.
As well as youtube...Try and find a group that puts on exhibitions...Don't piss them off and cut out the tough guy act...And maybe they will show you some stuff in time. And yes you will bleed...Alot.
Look who just acted tough :slap:
I've heard it enough and your too new to start, so don't.
Quote from: lisiecki1 on February 15, 2009, 02:20:48 PM
cbr600's set up for stunting with cages and 12 oclock bars...............as far as learning.......there's video's on youtube.....make sure you have good insurance....and like pain.....and the site of your own blood if you really want to learn
Let it alone^.

dads_69

Hey, smartass wannabe 500hp_440. Go to this web site for info. The internet *search* is awesome.
www.uponone.com

BMOTOXSTAR

Here are some pic's of my bikes. :icon_smile_big:
Can't wait till' Spring...... :icon_smile_tongue:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

KS71owner

Don't have a bike yet, but my brother said he'd sell me his Nightster when he upgrades in a couple of years. I've always wanted a Harley, my stepdad has one too and they both love them.

This is his.

captnsim

KS71owner...That's a hot looking sporty...Hope you get it.

BMOTOXSTAR...I hear you, I can't wait for spring. Boy those metric cruisers keep getting better looking! I like that Honda too...the green and silver give it a crisp look.  :eek2: I don't think you could get me on that ramp  :o Any jump pics??

dads_69...I've never seen a bridgestone...

500hp_440...You asked for my advice...I gave it. No need to bring out the "tough guy" that just I warned you about. It's that attitude that will hold you back the most in your life.

dads_69

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on February 15, 2009, 11:58:44 PM
Here are some pic's of my bikes. :icon_smile_big:
Can't wait till' Spring...... :icon_smile_tongue:
'

Dude, we need pics after that jump/landing. I remember hittin' a ramp like that once, did a knack-knack/heel clicker, and that was it, one time deal. I landed in sand but still cased it. I was on my '02 YZ426F, heavy beast. Good times......not!

I thought about firing up the Gixxer up yesterday and try it out, but still to cold, temp was maybe 31*.

captnsim

yeah we hit 40 for a few days...sure does tempt you  :yesnod:

skip68

Man you guys that ride dirtbikes make me sick.  :brickwall:  I see lots of guys that ride both street and dirt.  :'(  Am I the only guy that rips on street but scared on the dirt ?   :shruggy:  I think my fear is holding me back from riding good in the dirt.  I grew up on dirt bikes and love them soooo much but I just can't get over the fear.  My bud's could never understand how I could ride like I do on street bikes but was at the rear (last) on dirt.  :rotz: :'(  Even my wife laughs at me and thinks I belong on a 80cc.  :shruggy:   A guy once told me "if you're not crashing then you're not riding to your potential".   I guess I reached my potential years ago.  :rotz:  I know you would think I would be more aggressive on the dirt but I just don't get it.  I SUCK !   :rotz:  Anybody else the same ?  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

captnsim

Me and Dirt = big bloody mess...Rode for years but never got real good...just hurt. Now I stay clear of dirt bikes. The way I see it is on the street the trees are further away...and your less likly to come around a corner, hit a huge rock, go flying into the woods, and bounce off a tree back into the trail...just in time for your buddy to dodge said rock...and run you over. 

captnsim

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!