News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else ride bikes here???

Started by captnsim, February 08, 2009, 10:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

nice bikes guys  :yesnod: ............... :drool5:........... :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

captnsim

Here is a pic of my cousin Elis. Nice bike, don't you think?

captnsim

captnsim

edited per wingchargers request

Old Trident maybe????
[/quote] This is how the motor is set up. This bike looks really similar to it, so it might actually be a vintage Suzuki... :scratchchin:

[/quote]
Those look like 2 stroke Suzuki's....GT 380??? Hard to miss a smoker they smell and smoke at idle...Sounds like a snow sled to...

captnsim

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 09, 2009, 04:41:43 PM
I never noticed frame flex on my VF500 but I only rode it hard on smooth surfaces.  Compared to the Gold Wing and Harley Sportster I had when I bought the VF500 new, it felt rock solid! The Gold Wing was great for the open highway, and I even though I enjoyed the Sportster, it handled sort of like it had a hinge in the middle.

It was only something that was pronounced when I was riding in a spirited manner. Though I guess I wouldn't really expect it otherwise. It was quite the amazing change in handling/comfort to move up 10 yrs when I picked up the 96'. I imagine if I picked up a new bike now it would be much the same experience.

Dam. PMS is back!

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

tan top

Quote from: captnsim on February 09, 2009, 07:59:51 PM
Here is a pic of my cousin Elis. Nice bike, don't you think?

can't see any bike in that picture  ;)
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Martian R/T

I used to ride alot, until one day the bike decided it liked the look of the dirt and wanted to try motocross, after going through a sign post it came to rest in the bottom of the borrow pit, to this day I don't know what happened, but I have been gathering parts for a while and have enough to put it back together, so hopefully I will be able to go riding this summer, much to the dislike of my wife, the bike is a Yamaha FJ1200, sorry no pics with me. :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Sublime/Sixpack

Martian, I think the FJ1200's were possessed.  :yesnod:  I was thinking seriously about buying a new one so I took a dealer demo for a test drive one day along the frontage road near "point of the mountain" (you may be familiar with the area). I was clipping along at 130 mph when all at once that bike shifted to the right about 8 feet in a split second!  I had ridden that two-lane at high speed for years on other bikes and never had that happen. Still don't know why it happened.  Maybe the man upstairs was trying to get my attention.  :shruggy:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

skip68

Wind ?  :shruggy:   I like the smooth power the FJ's have and good position.   :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Sublime/Sixpack

Yes that area is known for its wind, and that is the logical explanation but again I'd been through there so many times before at high speed. The experience just seemed unreal that day.   For a few seconds I thought I had earned my  :angelwing:.   ;D

captnsim

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on February 10, 2009, 11:18:02 AM
Martian, I think the FJ1200's were possessed.  :yesnod:  I was thinking seriously about buying a new one so I took a dealer demo for a test drive one day along the frontage road near "point of the mountain" (you may be familiar with the area). I was clipping along at 130 mph when all at once that bike shifted to the right about 8 feet in a split second!  I had ridden that two-lane at high speed for years on other bikes and never had that happen. Still don't know why it happened.  Maybe the man upstairs was trying to get my attention.  :shruggy:
:o :scared: Memo to self...No riding FJ1200's....One of my first bikes was a KZ750 twin. I had tons of fun on that bike...Till the wobble...half way around one of my favorite local corners, out of no where it just started trying to tank slap...And back then if someone asked about a stabilizer you thought they where talking about something to put under your kick stand so your bike didn't fall over. Anyways the wobble stood the bike straight up from almost a full lean in a instant, almost tossing me from it in the process. All I see are trees and the ditch coming at me...and the wobble stopped just as fast...some how I got it the rest of the way around the corner...I rode the bike home and I still have it...Rotting out back of my house.        

Sublime/Sixpack

The high speed wobble! Been there, done that, don't want to do it again!   :faint:      :icon_smile:

captnsim

:iagree: Took a new bike to get comfy at speed after...Never trusted the 750 again. 

472 R/T SE

Many years ago I purchased my Dad's '77 HD Low Rider.  My Mom ordered it for him.  First year of the Low Rider, bikes of today have many of the styling ques of that bike.  He never rode it and neither did I. 

I sold it to a collector in Japan & used the money for my Hemi.  It had 3700 miles on it, still had the white letter Goodyear tires it came from the factory with.  I still have brochures, the tarp, muffler, spark plug, oil purchased (or given?) when it was new.

----------

Another note RIP Jeremy Lusk.  video of his accident *warning, not for the timid*

captnsim

My last HD was a 77 FLH pictured below. Before that the iron head. And my first HD was a 1991 Lowrider...The 77 I traded for the 77 Corvette pictured below...Which I then traded for my 70 Charger that I have now.
Good use of your Dads bike...especially where both of you didn't really ride. :cheers:

skip68

I used to ride wheelies up to around 110-120 mph on the Busa.  ;)  One time as I set it down I got the worst head shake in my life.   :rotz:  I just had a new front tire put on and it was out of balance.  :rotz: I still say they forgot the weights.  The shop swore they balanced it and said the weights must have come off.  :shruggy:  That was the most scared I've been with that bike.  There was nothing I could do but try and hold on.  :rotz:  I thought the front wheel came loose but then it stopped shaking when I got down to about 80'ish.  I was pissed.  :flame:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dads_69

I hit 110 mph on my '93 750 Gixxer a few years ago, holy crap. A friend was next to me on his Yamaha R 6. He thought I was gonna be road pizza for sure. Doing about 110 or so, suddenly all hell breaks lose, no idea what happend still, but I saved the bike from crashing.
We pulled over not far down the road, I was pail and weak feeling. I couldn't ride for about an hour. Thats never happend before nor has it since then.
I rode the bike back like I stole it and was fine.
I'll always remember though when throwin' a leg over any bike, man can not master machine.

Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

skip68

I hear you man.  There has been many times when I swore I was done but the rush is toooo much.  I used to hit 160-180 every morning going to work on a stretch of road in the hills.   :rotz:   That was 8 years ago and I would not do it today. I was making some video and ended up passing some cars at about 165mph and then I thought how stupid that was and that was it for me on roads with other people at risk.  :rotz:  Just to many things can go wrong.  I took the Busa to Sand Mtn. so I could open it up full throttle to see what it would do on Hwy 50.  The speedo said 205mph but the GPS said 194mph.  I got some video some where of it.  :rotz:  Even with the road being clear, I would never do that again.  Only on a track.  :yesnod:  If just one thing went wrong it would be ugly.  I've been riding these bikes for 20 years and only a few trips to the hospital  :icon_smile_big: but have been lucky more times then I care to count.  These bikes will out perform most street riders and I try to stress that on guy's I've road with and new riders I've met.   My wife will say I'm crazy as she has been on the bike with me at 100+ on the rear tire many times.  :rofl:  But you know she loved it.  :shruggy: :smilielol:   I just wish I could ride dirtbikes.  I love them but I suck on them.  :rotz:  For some reason I have a fear of them and as much as I love them I just can't ride worth sh$#.  :'(   I'll try to get my wife to post some pics for me.  I'll take some pics from a video.   :2thumbs:

captnsim

My 91 Ninja was HEAVY...and hard to get up. Coming down was tricky too. Roll off wrong and it would slam down and do a little dance. A friend of mine wiped out on a CBR600r coming down from a wheelie due to wobble. Pulled him into the soft shoulder. Disintegrated his bike. Here is a pic of him (cast arm and leg) and me looking it over after. Fooling around is fun but dangerous.
My old lady will start banging my helmet telling me to cut it out...then start laughing.  :shruggy:   

skip68

:smilielol:  The old helmet tap.  :smilielol:  We must have the same wife.  :rofl:   Glad your buddy was alive.  :2thumbs: