News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash pad. PG or BEA?

Started by COKE, February 06, 2009, 06:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COKE

I need to order a dash pad for the 69´ and  i have read the PG  and the BEA pads are  the same.
Every body suggest BEA ,but they are asking $225 while the one that Pg sells in EBay are $195.
Why to pay an extra $30 for the same product?

Regards

69´Charger R/T,440 ,4-speed,Dana 60 3.55.

Finn

Ive only heard of guys using Just Dashes out here in CA...didnt know about those other places. :shruggy:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

bull

The PG Classic parts do not have original part numbers and the BE&A parts do. They are the same part otherwise. Basically the extra money BE&A charges is to pay the licensing fees to carry the part number for the purpose of authenticity.

COKE

Ok,that is the answer i was looking for.
I do not need the box with the Mopar logo,just a good reproduction(i ,ve read bad comments about the dashes from Yearone i think) so i will save the $30 for other purpouses.

Dodge Don

PG stuff is top notch but I have not seen the actual dash pads. I would check with PG first to make 100% sure that these pads have the metal stiffening rod running through them just like the factory ones do. No rod = waves/sagging which is what is wrong the repros to date.

I bought a repro pad from YO years ago....wasn't happy with it so I sent my original to Just Dashes who did a fantastic job!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Dodge Don on February 07, 2009, 08:12:15 AM
PG stuff is top notch but I have not seen the actual dash pads. I would check with PG first to make 100% sure that these pads have the metal stiffening rod running through them just like the factory ones do. No rod = waves/sagging which is what is wrong the repros to date.

I bought a repro pad from YO years ago....wasn't happy with it so I sent my original to Just Dashes who did a fantastic job!!

The PG and B/E&A Pads have the steel core inside them.....I used one on a 69 Bee from B/E&A and worked out great.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

plumbeeper

You'll want to talk to Mike Ross at BEA Parts before you place your order from PG Classics. Most of what Mike carries is manufactured by PG, they ship him the parts, he makes sure it has the right details specifically for your car. Sometimes that means adding certain things like paint accents, hardware, emblems etc. Mike's also in the USA so sometimes that helps with shipping. If you're placing an order for a few parts he might even sell them to you at a discount that would beat PG's prices anyways. As mentioned before, Mike has to pay extra licensing fees to sell parts with the  Mopar part numbers and logos so that's why his prices are a little higher. PG is not licensed to sell parts with the Mopar numbers and logos.

Let's not forget about the great customer service!!!!!!!

Tell him I said hi :2thumbs:

Dave
http://www.woodgrainwheels.com
CLICK ABOVE FOR THE BEST MOPAR WOODGRAIN STEERING WHEEL RESTORATIONS

bull

Quote from: COKE on February 07, 2009, 07:03:30 AM
Ok,that is the answer i was looking for.
I do not need the box with the Mopar logo,just a good reproduction(i ,ve read bad comments about the dashes from Yearone i think) so i will save the $30 for other purpouses.

Just to clarify, the part number and Chrysler logo is on the part not the box. :2thumbs: I don't know that it would matter on something like a dash pad or not but there are some parts you might want to have look more authentic than others. And that's when a part number comes in handy. But for the most part it's probably more of an issue with guys who are building show cars.

COKE

Yes ,you´re right.
The comment about the box only was a way to talk.
Here we use the built phrase "You pay the box" wich means that you pay more to the dealer than a parts shop for the same part.

Hemidog

I've bought the new 68 dashpad from PGClassic, and the thing looks great!

Lord Warlock

https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog2.aspx?class=DC&year=69&desc=charger

Legendary auto interiors has dash caps advertised for our cars for 99.00, not sure if their dash cap is the same as our dash pad, but i'm assuming it is.  They seem to have all the normal colors available. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Hemidog

Quote from: Lord Warlock on February 08, 2009, 10:00:52 PM
https://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/webmodules/catcatalog/dtl_allcatalog2.aspx?class=DC&year=69&desc=charger

Legendary auto interiors has dash caps advertised for our cars for 99.00, not sure if their dash cap is the same as our dash pad, but i'm assuming it is.  They seem to have all the normal colors available. 

A dash cap is NOT a dash pad, it's just a cover to hide your old and cracked dash-pad, and It's usually sloppy and does not look good.  :Twocents:

PA Dodger

There is a group buy for dash pads in the "group buy section". The pads mentioned are nice quality. Might want to take a look.
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

COKE

In the end i have ordered a pad from pgclassic. $ ::)$
I,ll post pictures when it arrives.

I also considered to mount a cover,but the idea of glue that thing onto the original pad does not like me very much.
Also i have read around here, once it is glued  it looks rigid such as the A pillar trim.

1969chargerrtse

Mike will do you well at BEA.  I use PG because they take AM EX cards, and that's how I slip things past the wife. :icon_smile_big:.  Like the 570.00 wood trim I'll be ordering next week.   :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

COKE

Well, i received the dash the last week.(Come they from China?)
The box was broken and the dash core was bent.
When i saw the parcel i thoug that somebody was sending to me a souvenir from Australia.
I did not accept the parcel and i sent a mail to Pg.
They sent to me another one wich arrived yesterday.
This is in good shape,except for the rust in the rear of the dash core.The bent one,also had rust in that area.
I don,t know if this is usual or not.I hope to not have troubles such as rust bubles under the vinyl in the future.

Nacho-RT74

I think is just surface rust because humidity/air... the dash armature didn't receive ever any kind of enviroment protection
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

COKE

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on February 25, 2009, 11:19:56 AM
the dash armature didn't receive ever any kind of enviroment protection

Nacho,this is a new reproduction,not a NOS .
Nowadays these should be painted with rust protection,i think.
The pics:

Nacho-RT74

well apparently they aren't now either LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

Maybe you can clean it up a little and paint it before you install it but it's probably going to outlast you.  Looks great otherwise.

NMike

"EXACT" reproductions of the originals ;D , no paint on these either

COKE

I have removed the original one(Cracked) and there is not rust on it. :P