News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

winter storage

Started by Charger72SE, February 05, 2009, 08:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger72SE

I was wondering if you guys start up the car during winter storage or just pull the battery and leave it until spring.  Past years I've been starting up the Charger every month or so, but last year got a lot of condensation surface rust in the engine compartment.

any opinions?  what do you do?

many thanks!

1BAD68

I used to fire it up every month in winter mainly because I just wanted to hear it run.
But lately I dont start it at all until spring and I never have any problems, I dont drain the gas or use Stabil but I park it in late fall with about an eighth of a tank and then dump a few gallons of fresh gas in spring.
This winter I left the battery in and put a trickle charger on it, so I'm not sure how the battery will be this year but I'm guessing it will be fine.

nh_mopar_fan

It should be fine. I've been doing the same thing for years.

I don't start mine until spring.

Back N Black

I usually fill the gas tank to the top, that way no condensation in tank.

The70RT

Quote from: Back N Black on February 06, 2009, 02:34:54 PM
I usually fill the gas tank to the top, that way no condensation in tank.

Yeah buddy. Around here is was 9 two nights ago and almost 70 today....your gonna get condensation. I guess you could always run it dry too.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

jonboy20092009

I usually start mine and drive it a few miles once a month.  I usally fill it up and put Stabil in it just before it starts getting cold.  Never had any trouble out of it.  Its been below 32 most days and then it gets close to 70 so condesation is a problem here too.

Charger72SE

thanks very much, guys!

I filled the gas tank & added Stabil before I put it in storage, so I'll let let it be until spring