News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ahhhhhh....the Vasectomy!!!!!

Started by jdiesel33, February 05, 2009, 11:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Damnit, my wife is really pressuring me on this. I said 3 years ago I would do it. I cant put her off much longer. There are only so many excuses I can come up with. We have 3 kids already and dont want anymore (pregnancies are abnormally rough on her). I just cant stand the idea of them messing with my junk and poking and prodding and the whole business. What if they mess up and something goes wrong? What words of wisdom, experience, and courage can the you guys give me? Can someone give me an overview of their experience?
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

PocketThunder

What the HELL are you waiting for!  I've got 3 kids also and i've been begging to get the snippy snip since we found out we were pregnant with #3.  I have a friend like you who is all shaken up about the big cut and i just dont understand it.  I've already had the consultation with my doctor about it.  All they do is make a tiny insertion above "the boys", cut the "pipes", seal up the down stream pipe and put a band-aid on it.  BAM! your done in 15 minutes... 

Quit being a "Putty" Cat and go get it done already.  Just think, no more "no glove, no love" situations to deal with..

signed,

Confused...   ::)   ::)

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jdiesel33

Quote from: PocketThunder on February 05, 2009, 11:39:30 PM
What the HELL are you waiting for!  I've got 3 kids also and i've been begging to get the snippy snip since we found out we were pregnant with #3.  I have a friend like you who is all shaken up about the big cut and i just dont understand it.  I've already had the consultation with my doctor about it.  All they do is make a tiny insertion above "the boys", cut the "pipes", seal up the down stream pipe and put a band-aid on it.  BAM! your done in 15 minutes... 

Quit being a "Putty" Cat and go get it done already.  Just think, no more "no glove, no love" situations to deal with..

signed,

Confused...   ::)   ::)

You're totally right, I know. Shouldn't be a big deal, but I just cant get myself to make the appointment. It's not even really the pain aspect. I'm a power lifter and some of the training involved there is way more painful than this would probably be. I'm gonna do it though. The glove thing does suck and birth control ain't cheap, even with insurance. We'll see what happens.....
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

jaak

I had it done in July, my 3rd kid was born in May. There is nothing to it. I was on a table sorta kicked back (like in a recliner) they asked my wife if she wanted to hang around (no pun intended) so I had Doc on the right side of me, Nurse on the left, and my wife sitting in a chair at the end of the table (looking at my nads, watching the procedure). Heck he started off by giving me a shot in my balls to numb it (didn't hurt) , after that we all 4 started chatting, didn't feel a thing and before you know it, he was done. He just wants you to lay around 3-4 days after having it done, no work or heavy lifting. Other than being a little sore (no pain) the next day, I couldn't even tell I had anything done.

Jason

The70RT

I didn't have to worry about it. After our second one the ole lady had our tubes tied. I got two boys to extend the branches on the family tree. We did take custody of little girl to keep her from going in the system 6 years ago. I think 3 is just right.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rolling_Thunder

hmmmm     I've thought about it myself but figure if I ever want kids in the future it wouldnt be a smart move...       honestly - doesnt seem like a big deal at all - just get it over with...     buddy of mine in the marines had it done a while back and says it's the best decision of his life....     I say it was the only good decision he's made   :smilielol:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

runningman

I had it done a few years ago, the procedure wasn't bad.  I did have some inflammation which caused my boys to double their size about 4 days later though.  Having that checked out was miserable, I guess I was lucky....it only occurs in around 25% of patients  :icon_smile_big:

Back N Black

It hurts if its not frozen enough! That's what happend to me, when he pulled on the vein to cut it, i hit the ceiling. Oh, when the Doc seals it up by burning the ends you can smell the flesh burning. But overall it went pretty good.  :D

Bob

Quote from: Back N Black on February 06, 2009, 07:04:12 AM
It hurts if its not frozen enough! That's what happend to me, when he pulled on the vein to cut it, i hit the ceiling. Oh, when the Doc seals it up by burning the ends you can smell the flesh burning. But overall it went pretty good.  :D

I also found out that the vein is connected to the top of my head. When he pulled on it (the vein) my head and neck went down like a scared turtle. :eek2:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bob on February 06, 2009, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: Back N Black on February 06, 2009, 07:04:12 AM

I also found out that the vein is connected to the top of my head. When he pulled on it (the vein) my head and neck went down like a scared turtle. :eek2:
:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   scared turtle  :smilielol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

I was thinking about having it done too, til my doc said he had it done too, and it wasn't really that bad. But he said getting the shot to numb everything is the worst part. He said you can feel that travel right through your head (not the little one either).

Quote from: runningman on February 06, 2009, 05:33:55 AM
I had it done a few years ago, the procedure wasn't bad.  I did have some inflammation which caused my boys to double their size about 4 days later though.  Having that checked out was miserable, I guess I was lucky....it only occurs in around 25% of patients  :icon_smile_big:

That's why your supposed to sit on a bag of ice (or frozen veggies) for a few hours after you get home. It prevents that. ;)
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

runningman

I had bags of frozen peas, and the jock strap as suggested by my doctor.  Still had the inflammation, at least I didn't end up with an infected sack.  I have heard some bad stories about that

BigBlackDodge

Join the club.  ;D

BBD

runningman

I guess it could have been caused by the vasectomy party that I had later that evening  :icon_smile_big:

69charger2002

Quote from: The70RT on February 06, 2009, 01:13:46 AM
I didn't have to worry about it. After our second one the ole lady had our tubes tied. I got two boys to extend the branches on the family tree. We did take custody of little girl to keep her from going in the system 6 years ago. I think 3 is just right.

EXACT same thing i did.. she had a c section anyway, so while she was laying there why not just tie the  tubes up. BAILED me out! we had the discussion a few times. i'm a wuss and i hate doctors/hospitals so i kept saying no way. glad it worked out for us, good luck to you though!  :lol:
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

I've been putting it off forever too. Sharp objects getting anywhere near my unmentionables is not my idea of a relaxing day.

Khyron

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 06, 2009, 10:10:00 AM

EXACT same thing i did.. she had a c section anyway, so while she was laying there why not just tie the  tubes up. BAILED me out! we had the discussion a few times. i'm a wuss and i hate doctors/hospitals so i kept saying no way. glad it worked out for us, good luck to you though!  :lol:
trav

same here, while your in there doc, but a double knott of those babys! :)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

jdiesel33

Good to know I'm not the only one procrastinating and try to avoid this. I am probably going to make the consultation appt today though.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T

Todd Wilson

Quote from: runningman on February 06, 2009, 05:33:55 AM

Thats cuz your boyz were backed up and overfull!    :icon_smile_big:

Todd

runningman

:icon_smile_big:, I told the doc when I went back in that they look really impressive but hurt like hell.  He then began to feel for the tubes and rubbed the ends..just about jumped of the table

Old Moparz

I've been researching a vasectomy as well since my wife & I sure as hell don't need any surprises at our age. (I'm 46 & she's 50)

This type of procedure might appeal to you guys who are chicken s**t of sharp objects.   :lol:

http://www.vasectomymedical.com/no-scalpel-vasectomy.html

No Scalpel Vasectomy

No-Scalpel Vasectomy (NSV) is a simple, gentle and elegant office procedure that many studies show has significant advantages over conventional vasectomies. NSV is comparatively faster, has a swifter recovery time, is safer (one eighth the rate of bleeding and infection) and can be virtually pain free.

NSV was developed in China in 1974 by Dr. Li Shunqiang. By 1985, an international team made of members from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Access to Voluntary and Safe Contraception (AVSC), formerly the Association for Voluntary Surgical Contraception, were visiting China to study alternative vasectomy procedures including NSV.

In 1988, after careful observation and review of the NSV procedure, they decided to introduce the technique to North America. Since then, over 1,000,000 no-scalpel vasectomies have been performed in North America and nearly 20,000,000 in China, and the numbers around the world are growing.

With this new approach there is no knife, no cutting incision and no stitches. Men who have undergone no-scalpel vasectomy express amazement at the minimal physical discomfort they experienced both during the procedure and during recovery.

Men who were previously not considering vasectomy because they feared the scalpel can now feel comfortable, relaxed and confident with this simple procedure.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Quote from: runningman on February 06, 2009, 10:57:30 AM
:icon_smile_big:, I told the doc when I went back in that they look really impressive but hurt like hell.  He then began to feel for the tubes and rubbed the ends..just about jumped of the table

You know, something sounds really wrong with using the term "rubbed the ends" with this kind of topic & saying some other guy was feeling around your crotch.   :smilielol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

runningman

:rofl:

Didn't feel as good as it sounds

W4ATL

Do it.  It is not bad at all. The best part was when the doctor told me I could do nothing for three days except sit on the couch.  Good thing my wife was in there during the procedure so I could have him repeat the instruction clearly and slowly for her.  That was a wonderful three days. Wish I could get one once a month.

Charger_Fan

I had that done in 1987, after our 3rd kid was born. I decided I wasn't put on this planet only to try & singlehandedly triple it's population...my Wife was in agreement. ;D
I could feel them tugging on things during the operation, but it wasn't anything bad. There was some swelling for a couple days afterward & seepage of the incision, but nothing I couldn't handle. The worst part was the sensation of having my nads zipped in my zipper, until the incision healed. :o
Oh & shaving the boys beforehand wasn't all it was cracked up to be, either. Still damned glad I did it, though.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)