News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Sad News, Chris Louden (aka Pettyfan43) passed away last night

Started by mack, February 05, 2009, 10:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: cbw on March 17, 2009, 07:19:18 PM
Chris's cat "Rocky" is looking for a new home. His cousin (or friend?) took her shortly after Chris died, but has decided he can't keep her. She is "fixed" and up to date on shots. If anyone is interested, please reply asap.

Anyone have an update on the furry buddy?  Hopefully she got adopted.  Every pet deserves a good home. :angel: 

cbw

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 23, 2009, 08:32:25 PM

Anyone have an update on the furry buddy?  Hopefully she got adopted.  Every pet deserves a good home. :angel: 

I *think* I've found a good home for her. The move hasn't happened yet though, so I'm still crossing my fingers. I'll take her before I let them put her down or throw her away, but I have a gajillion cats already and really don't need to bring another one into the fold.

cbw

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 23, 2009, 08:32:25 PM
Quote from: cbw on March 17, 2009, 07:19:18 PM
Chris's cat "Rocky" is looking for a new home. His cousin (or friend?) took her shortly after Chris died, but has decided he can't keep her. She is "fixed" and up to date on shots. If anyone is interested, please reply asap.

She has a new home now :). I miss Chris!

69bronzeT5

That's great news! I miss Chris too, it still hasn't really kicked in yet that he passed away. I guess it kinda has...I just can't get over the fact I can't talk to him ever again :'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

cbw

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 31, 2009, 05:54:31 PM
That's great news! I miss Chris too, it still hasn't really kicked in yet that he passed away. I guess it kinda has...I just can't get over the fact I can't talk to him ever again :'(

I know! It's little things - like - something at work will happen and I think "I've gotta tell Chris about this" and then I remember - I can't. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to him not being there, but I'm not there yet.

mikepmcs

There is no specific time line when it comes to grieving or acceptance.  Just try to celebrate his life and remember the good times and that might help a little.

:cheers:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JR

I don't know what to say. This is truly sad, but he is in a better place now.

RIP Chris. :engel016:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

TheGhost

Quote from: cbw on March 31, 2009, 09:01:16 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on March 31, 2009, 05:54:31 PM

I know! It's little things - like - something at work will happen and I think "I've gotta tell Chris about this" and then I remember - I can't. I'm sure I'll eventually get used to him not being there, but I'm not there yet.

It takes a long time to get used to that.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

my73charger

Shakey

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 31, 2009, 09:05:37 PM
There is no specific time line when it comes to grieving or acceptance.  Just try to celebrate his life and remember the good times and that might help a little.

:cheers:

QuoteThere is no specific time line when it comes to grieving or acceptance.

I think the Jews are only allowed six months!

richard pettys 73

I NEVER GOT TO MEET OR TALK TO CHRIS BUT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL HE WAS A GREAT PERSON TO KNOW  :2thumbs:  FUNNY THING IS I JUST BY CHANCE ENDED UP BUYING HIS 73 CHARGER AND TODAY AFTER THREE WEEKS OF OWNING THE CAR A PACKAGE COMES TO ME IN THE MAIL FROM HIS FATHER. INSIDE WAS SOME PAPERWORK FOR THE CAR .....BUT TO MY SUPRISE ALSO SENT WAS A FRAMED PICTURE OF RICHARD PETTY'S 73 CHARGER STOCK CAR AT TALLADAGA SUPER SPEEDWAY!!!! :2thumbs: JERRY (CHRIS'S FATHER) TOLD ME THAT CHRIS WAS A HUGE RICHARD PETTY FAN!! WELL ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS HIM SMILING DOWN FROM HEAVIN RIGHT :angel: NOW KNOWING THAT HIS 73 CHARGER WILL ACTUALLY END UP BEING A RICHARD PETTY REPLICAR OWNED BY A RICHARD PETTY.  :cheers:

I HOPEFULLY SOON WILL BE STARTING MY OWN THREAD ON THIS VERY CAR AND TOLD JERRY WHEN IT IS COMPLETE I WILL PERSONALLY BRING THE CAR TO HIM SO HE CAN SEE!!!
YES MY NAME REALLY IS RICHARD PETTY
I JUST DONT HAVE HIS CAR......YET

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

cbw

Quote from: richard pettys 73 on April 02, 2009, 03:22:42 PM
I NEVER GOT TO MEET OR TALK TO CHRIS BUT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL HE WAS A GREAT PERSON TO KNOW  :2thumbs:  FUNNY THING IS I JUST BY CHANCE ENDED UP BUYING HIS 73 CHARGER AND TODAY AFTER THREE WEEKS OF OWNING THE CAR A PACKAGE COMES TO ME IN THE MAIL FROM HIS FATHER. INSIDE WAS SOME PAPERWORK FOR THE CAR .....BUT TO MY SUPRISE ALSO SENT WAS A FRAMED PICTURE OF RICHARD PETTY'S 73 CHARGER STOCK CAR AT TALLADAGA SUPER SPEEDWAY!!!! :2thumbs: JERRY (CHRIS'S FATHER) TOLD ME THAT CHRIS WAS A HUGE RICHARD PETTY FAN!! WELL ALL I CAN THINK ABOUT IS HIM SMILING DOWN FROM HEAVIN RIGHT :angel: NOW KNOWING THAT HIS 73 CHARGER WILL ACTUALLY END UP BEING A RICHARD PETTY REPLICAR OWNED BY A RICHARD PETTY.  :cheers:

I HOPEFULLY SOON WILL BE STARTING MY OWN THREAD ON THIS VERY CAR AND TOLD JERRY WHEN IT IS COMPLETE I WILL PERSONALLY BRING THE CAR TO HIM SO HE CAN SEE!!!

That is so cool!!! See ~ there's something else I want to tell Chris!!!!! Thank you!!!

Brock Samson

I was reading some old posts came across some made by Chris who i really thought well of and was thinking it might be nice to send Mspettyfan43 a holiday message,.. Your thoughts?..  :shruggy: 
whatever the case happy turkeyday to you all... There's really so much to be thankful for while we have the chance.
  :yesnod:

69bronzeT5

I'm totally up for that. Chris was always an awesome kind guy to me and always gave me model advice when I asked. :yesnod:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

cbw

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 25, 2009, 03:40:35 PM
I was reading some old posts came across some made by Chris who i really thought well of and was thinking it might be nice to send Mspettyfan43 a holiday message,.. Your thoughts?..  :shruggy: 
whatever the case happy turkeyday to you all... There's really so much to be thankful for while we have the chance.
  :yesnod:

I was just thinking of him today! He used to bake an awesome sausage bread to bring to work for everybody for Thanksgiving. Really missing him right now.