News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wal-Mart

Started by A383Wing, January 17, 2009, 11:43:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A383Wing

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

1 . At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour of every day.

2 . This works out to $20,928 profit every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more from January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people and is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company in the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food than Kroger & Safeway combined, and keep in mind they did this in only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy  (including Winn-Dixie).

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores in the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; this is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different purchasing experiences will occur at a Wal-Mart store. 

(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart

13. Let Wal Mart bail out Wall Street!!

Troy

Just FYI - I think most of that is made up (has been debunked). ;) I know I've commented on it before. The things that always makes me "check the facts" are comments like "And most can't speak English" mixed in with a bunch of accurate looking statistics. Actually, the sales figures are a bit low these days but when this email was created several years ago they were overstated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

90% of all online statistics are made up ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

AKcharger

This is what I think about when Walmart is mentioned

mikepmcs

:lol:

I agree, 100% of the statistics you find are made up 90% of the time, and then, only 60% of those statistics are really true 25% of the time.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

magnumdart

100% of the statistics that are true don't really matter anyway, sometimes.
You are today, where you chose to be, yesterday.

badass

mopars best **** the rest

JoeyGowdy

Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

BigRed66

"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

squeakfinder

Quote from: AKcharger on January 18, 2009, 03:00:46 AM
This is what I think about when Walmart is mentioned

:smilielol: :smilielol: :lol: :lol:

This is terrible! I scored blackout.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Mopar2Ya

Quote from: BigRed66 on January 26, 2009, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: badass on January 21, 2009, 08:59:54 AM
Say no to Wal Mart.

Amen. F%#K Wal-Mart.
+1! Wal-Mart can burn in hell. Along w/Homodumpster, Lowes, etc. America needs to wake up & free its self from these China supporting monopolies.  :Twocents:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

teamroth

^^ that's why we won't allow a Wal Mart in NYC
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

badass

Any more Ideas I bought a pair of running shoes from new balance Made in usa but  only a few of there modles are.       Tricky?                                                                                                                                                                                                           Its hard nowdays but we need to try,What do they say ?  spend less live better Dont think so !  :Twocents:    The new Harley Sportster 1200 is pretty cool and the older style is $8,000 good price for a Harley no chrome Made in the USA. but that could take away from your Mopar

Mopar2Ya

Yeah, people need to quite worrying about spending $1 more on American. Basically: buy American or STFU when you're unemployed. A major employer(Ethen-Allen Furniture) in my area is shutting down leaving hundreds unemployed. They are getting stuff from China, so they can compete w/the likes of Ashley.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Troy

Guys, this is "The Lighter Side" - meaning jokes. Let's keep it on track.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mopar2Ya

My bad. I forgot what section I was in. :P

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

badass

Lighten up but it was gettin good :yesnod: