News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Transmission blockes in Park

Started by Belgium R/T -68, February 02, 2009, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

My 904 tranny blocks with the shifter in park from time to time and it's not the shifter itself. Any idéas? :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

RD

not sure what you mean by the term "blocks".  can you further explain?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Belgium R/T -68

It's a -70 ebody. The slapstick gets stucked in Park, when I disconnect the lever I know it's inside the tranny and not the shiftlever/slapstick.
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

John_Kunkel

What is the history of the transmission?  In some cases the park rod that extends from the VB into the tailhousing gets swapped for the wrong one, the 904 and 727 rods are not interchangeable and if swapped will cause binding.

In some rare occurances a misplaced snap ring allows the park rod to get wedged between a snap ring and the housing; this is the snap ring that holds the ramped plug in the tailhousing. If it's clocked wrong, there is just enough room for the rod to get misplaced and jam up.

In the pic below the snap ring is properly clocked as far clockwise as it can go and the lower end of the snap ring keeps the rod from dropping down.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.