News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Only $230 for a set of four 68-69 door panels on Ebay

Started by bull, February 02, 2009, 07:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone ever buy from this guy? Seems like a really good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320335938396

I looked up the price on 68 door panels in the 2006 Legendary catalog and fronts only were listed at $235 a pair.

baullz

Ya I saw that awhile back to and am curious to see what you actually get for that price.  I would be seriously considering it if  I didnt already have mine.

Plus I dont know if I really care for the poofy look of those either but for the price I think I could have lived with it

bull

Quote from: baullz on February 02, 2009, 12:54:39 PM
Ya I saw that awhile back to and am curious to see what you actually get for that price.  I would be seriously considering it if  I didnt already have mine.

Plus I dont know if I really care for the poofy look of those either but for the price I think I could have lived with it

I was wondering about that too. The "poofiness" is more of a mid-70s look that I'm not too excited about but I think he touts that as giving them more "sound deadening and insulating qualities" than the originals. Looks to me like the window cranks would be scraping them though.

baullz

The fact that they have a little better sound deadening then originals makes it a little more appealing but I did not think of the window cranks rubbing and I could see where that might be an issue.

Still for the price not to shabby, but that poofiness just rubs me the wrong way  :shruggy:

yeahitsgotahemi!

I bought a set awhile back. I'm not yet at the point to install them , but I think the door panels are pretty nice. In fact, I like them much better compared to stock. Instead of fake, pressed, stitching, its all real. The back board is much thicker, and the "poofiness" gives it alot more life in my opinion. If original is what your after, by all means, buy the legendary panel. If you want a nice product at a reasonable price, I think this was a good alternative. 
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Silver R/T

They look pretty good to me. I will be ordering a set myself.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Needa68

Hi all,

Bringing back a way old topic here. But I was wondering if anyone had a website or contact information for the person/company that is making these panels. The E-Bay ad is dead.

Many thanks!
Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com