News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What the Hell!?!

Started by BIRD67, February 01, 2009, 06:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIRD67

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

69*F5*SE

Looks like some Chip Foose kind of crap he'd do on OVERHAULIN

bull

Either that thing has changed hands a lot or it's been for sale off and on for a long time.

General_01

Interesting car. Not my cup of tea though. The shortened front and rear end looks awkward with the huge center section of the car. Kind of looks like someone wanted to make an E-body size car, but went at it all wrong. If they wanted to do something in that direction, they should have taken 10 inches out of the center of the car and 5 or so inches off of each end. E-body size, Charger design. :2thumbs:. The roof and doors would have been quite the project though if they cut out of the center. :scratchchin:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BIRD67

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on February 01, 2009, 06:28:12 PM
Nope, this Car is a Stick Shift..If Chip did it, that would have been tossed in favor of a wussomatic (automatic)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. I resign. -Number 6, The Prisoner

R.I.P. Matthew Fraser 4/30/10

Hemidoug

Love it or hate it....a whole lot of craftsmenship went it to creating it....I just can't get used to bling wheels on muscle cars....No offence to anyone here, just muscle cars need to show some sidewall to look right....those bling wheels just don't do it for muscle..... :puke:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Ghoste

I agree but there is a whole lot of craftsmanship that goes into a perfect oem restoration on something like a 69 Hemi Charger 500 and I know for sure which one I'd rather pay 180k for.  Not having 180k for a car makes my opinion about worthless though.

tan top

awesome lot of work gone into that car ...& time , some clever stuff  :yesnod: , but why wreck one of the best looking mopars ever made  imo :rotz:   don't do nothing for me  ....  skilled  guys who built it though  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Mopar2Ya

That car has been for sale sense the beginning of time.....  :shruggy:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Hemidoug

Quote from: Ghoste on February 01, 2009, 07:05:38 PM
I agree but there is a whole lot of craftsmanship that goes into a perfect oem restoration on something like a 69 Hemi Charger 500 and I know for sure which one I'd rather pay 180k for.  Not having 180k for a car makes my opinion about worthless though.

Oh no doubt...If I had to choose between that and say Troy's 68 it wouldn't even be close....I'd be all over Troy's in a heartbeat......
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Tilar

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on February 01, 2009, 07:34:15 PM
That car has been for sale sense the beginning of time.....  :shruggy:

At least a year, but I think it was at 220k when they started.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Hemidoug on February 01, 2009, 07:01:01 PM
Love it or hate it....a whole lot of craftsmenship went it to creating it....I just can't get used to bling wheels on muscle cars....No offence to anyone here, just muscle cars need to show some sidewall to look right....those bling wheels just don't do it for muscle..... :puke:
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Gotta love to low price too :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

KillerBee1972

Quote from: BIRD67 on February 01, 2009, 06:20:23 PM
No offense to the designer, but who in their right fricken mind would do this!?!?!?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Awe-Inspiring-1968-Dodge-Charger-R-T-472-Hemi-5-Speed_W0QQitemZ360124323904QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item360124323904&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

That car is soo ugly, it makes an AMC Pacer look like a Ferrari! What is going on in the world of cars these days!?

Yea these idiots are located about 20 minutes away from me!! Dont get me wrong they have some good looking cars, but way over priced by a long shot, adn the owner is the biggest a$$ of them all!!!
1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

MoparManJim

Quote from: 69*F5*SE on February 01, 2009, 06:28:12 PM

I was thinking the same thing when I seen that auction. I know Chip Foose has ruin afew good looking cars with his stupid drawing concepts. He and his team takes and cut things off and weld things in, not like charger owners to GL owners where they can just unbolt things. Then he takes an put the awful rims on the cars that doesn't due much better. He should take newer cars only and due that crap to them, at least they would have some kinda of style to them then! :smilielol:  

MoparManJim

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on February 01, 2009, 08:35:11 PM
Quote from: BIRD67 on February 01, 2009, 06:20:23 PM
No offense to the designer, but who in their right fricken mind would do this!?!?!?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Awe-Inspiring-1968-Dodge-Charger-R-T-472-Hemi-5-Speed_W0QQitemZ360124323904QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item360124323904&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A-1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308

That car is soo ugly, it makes an AMC Pacer look like a Ferrari! What is going on in the world of cars these days!?

Yea these idiots are located about 20 minutes away from me!! Dont get me wrong they have some good looking cars, but way over priced by a long shot, adn the owner is the biggest a$$ of them all!!!

Plus they have bad test in visions for on mopars as while. 

Mike DC

The customizers had a bunch of good ideas, and then proceeded to overdo all of them by a factor of two. 

If they'd modified all the same places, but moved everything about 1/2 or 1/3rd as far as they actually did . . .

WingCharger

Wasn't the guy who built this cars goal to make a '69 Charger as if it had been built on a E-Body platform? I read that somewhere in Mopar Action.

MoParJW

Despite that it was probably very expensive to build, it looks really cheap IMO
'68 Plymouth Satellite sedan 318

69 charger 500

im all for customizing a couple small things on classics so it has your personality in it but you dont turn somthing from vintage to modern street rod it just takes the cars soul away thing looks like a 2007 not a 1968 hat guy dont deserve a car at all new or old i bet when you turn the thing on it starts yellin "kill me kill me" :coolgleamA:

Foreman72

we'll all have different views on this project...imo i think it looks horrendous...esp the front...but its unique and well crafted so hats off 2 the guy
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

quapman

In his Q & A, he states that this car is #4 of Mopar Collector's Guide most significant Mopars of 2007. Significantly Fugly?

One more reason NOT to subscribe to that rag.    :eek2:

The car is quite hideous, good craftsmanship or not.

Mike DC

It really makes you wonder if these customizers ever actually sketched out what they were gonna do before they did it. 

I mean, there's no excuse for building a 1/4 million dollar car without extensively photo-chopping the ideas out first.

Foreman72

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on February 03, 2009, 05:08:09 PM

It really makes you wonder if these customizers ever actually sketched out what they were gonna do before they did it. 

I mean, there's no excuse for building a 1/4 million dollar car without extensively photo-chopping the ideas out first.

o i'm sure they did...i bet @ least one guy on the project realized how bad it looked like halfway thru but had 2 keep going  :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

69 charger 500

im willing to bet that half the guys working on it quit at that half way through i would just die if i was waisting my time and money on that hideous thing i want to puke calling it a dodge let alone a charger

Ghoste

Quote from: quapman on February 03, 2009, 04:45:57 PM
In his Q & A, he states that this car is #4 of Mopar Collector's Guide most significant Mopars of 2007. Significantly Fugly?

One more reason NOT to subscribe to that rag.    :eek2:

The car is quite hideous, good craftsmanship or not.

Yes, thats what I want, advice on fashion and taste from a bunch of guys who dressed and cut their hair like Joe Dirt waaaay before Joe Dirt.  I like the magazine but some of their opinions baffle me.