News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 Charger fender and 73-74 Charger fender differences??

Started by 71butterbee, February 03, 2009, 11:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71butterbee

I know the differnce between 71 and 72 fenders....the side maker but I was wondering if anyone knows forsure if there is a difference between a 72 Charger fender and the 73-74 style. I have a what I was told to be a 72 fender and it looks just like the 73-74 fenders I have. The mounting, the wheel opening and body lines look the same to me on the fender I was told is a 72 or maybe its really a 73-74?

Nacho-RT74

73/74 does have a higher wheel opening cut ( about 1.5" ), front splash shield is bigger and bended, covers more area and bolts on more places, for a while 71/72 splash shield is flat and smaller, just bolts on back of headlights area.

then also surface what bolts with radiator core support on 73/74 fender is larger and bolts on diff places.

one of the bolts on inner fender area doesn't match.

HOWEVER

you can fit a 71/72 on to 73/74 and backwards without problems because fender matches EVERYWHERE with rest of exterior body parts and front valence
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

71butterbee

Thanks Nacho....I took a look last night at all the fenders that I have but the fender I was told was a 72 is not its a 73-74 and that is why it looked no different then the ones I pulled from a 74 Charger. I actually got about a half dozen fenders from this guy and after going over them all I found I do have a 72 fender its just not the one he pointed out as being that and your absolutely right the wheel opening in deeper on the 73-74 fenders by about an inch or so.

Thanks Again!