News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Source Distributor question

Started by dspaulding70, January 29, 2009, 02:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I purchased the billet distributor from 440 source.com and did not see the following statement on the site until today.

"This distributor includes only the magnetic pickup trigger only, so it will need to be used in conjunction with some type of ignition box, such as an MSD 6A, 6AL, 7AL or equivalent, or a Chrysler style electronic control box."

Can anyone help clarify how I determine what I need of those choices and where to get one?

Runner

you can use about any box you would want.  really depends on how much money you want to spend and what options our looking for.    if you just want the ignition to fire and dont care about options the mopar box will work fine.   the summit boxes are a nice budget upgrade and are mallory boxes with a summit sticker and a cheaper price tag.   alot of people love msd stuff,  but youll get more for your money going with the summit or mallory box.   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

dspaulding70

Thanks.  I went to Summit and got the MSD 6A and matching coil.  Thanks again.

firefighter3931

The 6A box will work fine with that distributor.  :yesnod: Make sure to get a descent set of wires to finish off the ignition system.  :2thumbs:  NGK plugs are also a favorite of mine.  ;)

Here's a thread on Ignition wires with a few pics :

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=b1n68vicgi4pknv4hud1319k33&topic=52160.0

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs