News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ORDERING A 69 CHARGER FROM THE FACTORY

Started by model maker, January 31, 2009, 04:52:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

You guys probably have already seen this but if not, i thought i would share it. Looking through all of this information made me feel like i was ordering a new 69 Charger.
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/albums.php
MODEL MAKER

1969chargerrtse

What's the story with this production photo of the tail stripe being straight across the trunk and not V'd?  Does this mean my car is correct and all of you guys have the wrong stripe design?   :icon_smile_wink:

Found it under " 1969 Charger Press Release Info & Other Factory Documentation ".
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69_500

I believe those pictures are how to build a model, not how a real Charger was built. As far as I can see from papers, there is a lot more than 17 steps.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on January 31, 2009, 11:26:11 AM
I believe those pictures are how to build a model, not how a real Charger was built. As far as I can see from papers, there is a lot more than 17 steps.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.   :hah:  Hey it was on the site?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

1969chargerrtse

model maker

That information in the link also gives all of the paint codes and factory suggestions on color/ equipment options.
MODEL MAKER

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 31, 2009, 07:35:43 AM
What's the story with this production photo of the tail stripe being straight across the trunk and not V'd?  Does this mean my car is correct and all of you guys have the wrong stripe design?   :icon_smile_wink:

Found it under " 1969 Charger Press Release Info & Other Factory Documentation ".

Crikies man!  That pic is there for just the line drawings :rotz:
I guess it doesn't fall under "factory documentation" does it ? ;) 
Let me make a small disclaimer for Rob's sake....:nana:

PS---ModelMaker....see this link for ordering a '69 Hemi Charger ;)

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/New.html

PS----just added the 69 Brochure provided by Heath Vancamp
http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/brochure
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

model maker

GREAT links, thanks !!!!! How nice it would be to be able to go back in time with the knowledge we have today.
MODEL MAKER

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: model maker on January 31, 2009, 09:19:56 PM
GREAT links, thanks !!!!! How nice it would be to be able to go back in time with the knowledge we have today.
Yeah, because then we would of all saved a little more and got the Hemi.  That of course would not make them as rare. :eek2:  Plus there's the thought that some of us would all be older than we are now.  :P

69_500

You mean that some of us would have to be at least 25 years older than we are now to have been old enough to order one when new? My dad wasn't even 16 in 1968 to order a 69 Charger new. Heck he wasn't even into JR High yet. man I was born WAY to late.