News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Canada parts suppliers

Started by d/ur/t, January 29, 2009, 09:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d/ur/t

Hi Guys

Since the aussie dollar went bust still need to order plenty of parts so post up you links for suppliers in Canada.As the Aussie dollar is holding up against the Canadian dollar is there some descent suppliers around.

http://moparplus.com/

but need more

cheers aussie aussie aussie

b5blue

Check out EBAY there are many there, depends on what you need! Good luck to ya!

Ghoste

CDN72SE

Quote from: d/ur/t on January 29, 2009, 09:38:59 PM
so post up you links for suppliers in Canada.As the Aussie dollar is holding up against the Canadian dollar is there some descent suppliers around.

http://www.nationalmoparts.com/index.ihtml
1972 Charger SE

Dodge Don

b5blue

Hey I just noticed you've got those screaming 6 cylinder Chargers!! Think they take A body parts!   

d/ur/t

Quote from: b5blue on January 30, 2009, 09:46:56 PM
Hey I just noticed you've got those screaming 6 cylinder Chargers!! Think they take A body parts!   

Sorry to take so long to reply but I had to sell my charger {orange one on the left} to buy the dodge charger R/T I now own, the race car on the right came third at our toughest motor race Bathurst in 1972 {should have won it,it is said .Sold my old car which incidently had a 35 gallon tank from the factory commonly called a bigtank{they did make small tanks also}.Don't want to bore you but if you have any questions pleased to answer them.They aparently are very close to your a body.The previous line up 67 to 71 VE valqaiants to VG were very similar to your dart range but also included utes and wagoons.

The fastest we got our 6 cyl VH R/T E49 Charger {incidently taken over from you guys in late 60's as a 245 truck engine} was 302BHP from the factory which ran 14.1 0- 100mph times and 14.4 quarter mile times.

cheers australia 

b5blue

So that's a slant six? 3 DCOE side draft Webbers? I had a TR 4 with 2 and that thing flew!!! Loved those carbs! Photos of the racer would great!! :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Not a slant six, a straight one.  It was being developed as an inline truck engine for the US market as I recall and then abandoned for some reason so Chrysler Australia picked it up and away they went.  Other than the number of cylinders it is pretty much a completely different engine from the slant six.

b5blue

Thanks Ghoste, I've got an old magazine article somewhere on a yellow one in GA. but can't find it. What a shame we didn't get them here a Hemi 6 would be killer in a 4X4 shortbed fenderside D-100 @ 300 HP! I wonder if they had them down under? d/ur/t what do you left, just the racer? I'd love to see photos of it...your not boring me!  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

The one in Georgia that was making the magazine rounds I believe was owned by the Bayer brothers (spelling?) and they had a few vehicles imported from Oz. 

b5blue

Yup! That's it..neat cars, how the heck do you keep one of them on the go up here though! :eek2:

Ghoste

Same way they keep American V-8's on the road in other parts of the world... dedication.  :lol:
Truthfully I don't know how much interchanges with American Mopar parts if any but I suppose you network and make contacts with anyone anywhere who can help you.  It's a Mopar after all, how much work could there be to keeping it on the go? ;)

b5blue

:2thumbs: Well said Brother! I'm amazed at some of the work put in around the world restoring our mighty MoPars! I worked on Jag's and TR 3/4/6's and some other imports and had fun but didn't make much money. The pain in the butt factor wears you down when you get to points where correct details have you waiting for over seas shipping! The availability of resto stuff for us now is awesome...I've gone from thinking my car was not really "savable" to seeing it's a piece of cake compared to what others have had to do (my car has rusty butt syndrome) and just to "keep on thread" many fine parts like my new MoPar torsion bars from Canada!