News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8.75 rear pinion yoke washer

Started by hemi68charger, January 29, 2009, 07:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
It seems I'm missing the washer between the retaining nut and yoke on my 498 8.75 chunk. Is there anything special about it or can it be easily obtained at a parts house or equivalent?

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

John_Kunkel

The washer is special, it's slightly conical and has a smaller OD than a hardware store washer with the same ID.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mikepmcs

Where can we purchase one if needed.  Any sources there John??
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi68charger

Quote from: John_Kunkel on January 30, 2009, 06:24:59 PM

The nut is special, it's slightly conical and has a smaller OD than a hardware store washer with the same ID.

Thanks John... I appreciate it........... That's what I thought.. It'll need to fit into the cavity of the yoke...

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 30, 2009, 06:30:16 PM
Where can we purchase one if needed.  Any sources there John??

Mancini Racing, Randy's Ring & Pinion & probably either Summit or Jegs.  Probably the Yukon or Raetech brand will offer it
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Thanks Chris, just adding to my list of vendors.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

John_Kunkel

I was having a senior moment when I typed my reply, I meant "the washer is special" not the nut. I corrected the post.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mikepmcs

There was no reason to correct you, we knew what you meant John. :2thumbs: :cheers:

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:
maybe what you meant was to use a new nut when possible?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Thanks guys...
Seems the third member's a little bit more worn out than previously thought. I will be getting a complete kit locally, similar to the one Mancini sells, which includes the nut, washer, bearings, crush sleeve, etc............  Green bearings are on the axles now and thus ready for installation. Once I get the third member this week, it'll all go in.

Troy
Troy

69rtse4spd

Hi TROY, how has the Green bearings held up for street driving so far. Was going to put them in the Dana, but found the TIMKINS in stead, also the yoke washer is still available from he dealer. Have one ordered to see if it is the right one. 

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on February 03, 2009, 07:55:14 PM
Hi TROY, how has the Green bearings held up for street driving so far. Was going to put them in the Dana, but found the TIMKINS in stead, also the yoke washer is still available from he dealer. Have one ordered to see if it is the right one. 

The green bearings are going into my '68 Hemi Charger R/T which isn't done with its restoration.. But, I have a friend with them in his '70 Superbee and he's got no complaints as of today........
Troy

69rtse4spd

Just picked up the washer from the dealer, part number 1795175, $3.87 + tax.