News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pontiac 3.1 V6 help needed

Started by Belgium R/T -68, January 31, 2009, 10:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

A friend having a Pontiac -92 3.1 V6 wanted to change the rubber o-ring on his distributor, problem is he didn't mark up the position before he
pulled it out. Anybody knows where cyl 1 is located? Has a V6 moore then one TDC? I mean like a V8 with cyl 1 and 6 at the same time.

If nobody here can help maybe you know the place to go?

Thanks // Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Cooperman

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Belgium R/T -68

Cooperman

I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants!

Belgium R/T -68

Thanks friend :2thumbs:
What does the lower pictures mean? (1-4 6-3 2-5) If I put the crankpulley at zeroor TDC mark, can that also be the TDC for cyl 4? :scratchchin:

Just 6T9 CHGR

I believe the pic he posted is for a newer 3.1L with the distributor-less ignition.
The lower pics/numbers refer to the individual coil packs 1 pack for 2 cylinders)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Cooperman

Damnit! That'll teach me to NOT read the post properly!   :slap:

This is the layout for a '90 Firebird with the 3.1 V6. The white post on the distributor is No.1...