News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The rescue *Charger under raps* 2/17/09

Started by BB1, January 29, 2009, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

Thanks for helping me out guys.

I work for the BN railroad so I've been out of town a bit.

This was really a good time to pull it out, I do believe the guy was living in a fantasy world.
My faith was gone months ago, but I tried to string it along hoping things would get better.
Now that I've decided to pack up and move I needed to address this head on. I though about leaving it there, that would have been a mistake as you all pointed out.

To make a long story short, I told the guy a whopper of a story, which I was building up weeks ahead of time. He was really happy about what I planned on doing. Even help with loading up the parts.

I never had any original part to the Charger, except the front seats, dash, grill, hood.
Most of what I collected over the years was with me. I'll do a sweep up next week.

The 383 engine and trans are still over there. *non original engine or 727*
440 is with MoparHound.
The "body" which that's all it is, is accessible to me only.

T-7 weeks, I am hauling it to Amarillo TX to these guys, as I travel back to the West coast.

http://www.lplbodyworks.com

These are the guys that literally wrote the book (Project Charger).

I talked to Larry, told him my story, I believe his shop is the best to tackle the past bad body work. It was butchered by worst people M&M, the trunk and cab floor wasn't even for a Charger. 1/4 were misaligned, sub-frame and roof are the only things not touched.

The difference between me and jb666 is that I knew about it.
I don't hold any regrets about buying it; I could have had a nice running Charger buy now, instead of dealing with all this crap.   

Delete my profile

jb666

Wow man, I am sorry you are going through all of this!! I'm glad you got it back!!!

BB1

I wanted to sell everything for half what I paid for.

I made pictures of all the parts I had, which for some reason for the first time I got a lump in my throat... got a little emotional.

Need your help guys, I don't know what to do.  :-\

There is a brand new Charger in there.  :'(
Delete my profile

BB1

Delete my profile

BB1

:cryin:

I've never seen all the parts together at one time.
Delete my profile

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Magnumcharger

Not to be weird....but, why would somebody want to restore a car, and not have the skillsets associated with the requirements of the task?
You're just opening yourself up for a world of hurt!!
Invest in a community college autobody course, and do the work yourself!

(Let the shit flinging commence!)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

69bronzeT5

I wouldn't sell..... :Twocents:

An other note, where did you get the front valance from?
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dans 68

I'm glad to hear you got your parts out, and that it will be built.  :yesnod:  And I picked up my '68 from San Antonio so I do have a mopar contact there if you need it.

I really can't stomach the stories about the shady restoration shops...I'm a contractor and I deal with the paying public every day. Any contract needs to have stated either an end date (completion date) or a schedule of progress points. A reputable contractor (and I tell my customers to talk to my previous customers to see what kind of person I am to deal with) will get a deposit up front (and that is 10% of the contract price or $1,000, whichever is less) and then a progress payment schedule agreed upon for the duration of the contract. No exceptions. If they don't pay that Friday for work performed that week then I stop work on their project (but this has never happened. I do screen my customers and have turned down a few jobs.  :'() I provide a spreadsheet listing every task performed and every dollar paid. My customers know exactly what is going on with their projects and how their money is being used. I have never had a complaint....

I guess the best advice I can give when hiring a contractor is to contact their current and previous customers.  :yesnod: You will find out all you need to know.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

BB1

Thanks

This ain't about the money. I just don't think I will be happy with it or without it.

It's kind of like an old girlfriend that's a pain in the ass.
She always wants my money, leaves you limp some times, makes me work at it.

I could find me a nicer gf, but hell keep'em long enough they all end up doing the same thing.

I guess I'm getting a weird feeling like that, now that everything is under my house.
I'm getting alittle piss off at myself, where is the loyalty, where is the stick-to-it-till-it's-done.
Like the wind is not filling my kite.

I need you guys to yell at me, while I'm on the fence.

Somebody kick me in the head.  :nutkick:

I sat in my seat holding the steering column, making engine noises. How pathetic is that.

AMD Cody.

Keep it eh.  :scratchchin:
Delete my profile

69bronzeT5

Quote from: BB1 on February 12, 2009, 06:56:55 PM
AMD Cody

Keep it eh.  :scratchchin:

I'd keep it if I were you. Really AMD? I went to order one in September and they said they weren't available.

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

BB1

That's 2

Let me look at my records, if I recall it might be another vendor Code.
Delete my profile

BB1

I got the front valance at Shermans.  :2thumbs: $190.

www.shermansparts.com

Delete my profile

bull

Get the car out and then join the lawsuit. Think long and hard before you sell it.

captnsim

Keep your car...Looking at the amount of parts you have acquired, you have spent considerable time and money on this car already. The hard part is almost done. Just think how you will feel when it is done...

BB1

Thanks I'll keep it.  :yesnod:

I was at a very low spot emotionally this week and I thought I could just cut and run.  :pity:

I know that was not the answer. I need to crawl out of my hole and fight back!

I work long hard hours, weekends, holidays, on call 24/7. I've sacrificed a lot to keep this project on track. I'm not going to give it away or walk away from getting my money back.

Grrrrrrr  :icon_smile_angry: :RantExplode:

Delete my profile

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BB1

:icon_smile_big:

Look what came in the mail today. It was on back order for 5 months.
Delete my profile

69bronzeT5

The70RT

Don't sell it. Maybe after you move where it's warm you will have more of a will to get it done. I have a bit to go before I am halfway, but then it's all down hill and homeward bound after that......i can hardly wait to get that feeling. You were on the right track and just got screwed, don't turn back now or you will regret it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

you need to come over ( 4 blocks away ), and go for a ride in the birdible with me , thats all the motivation you will need. Two years ago I was in the a very similar situation as you are but It all worked out in the end .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

Keep it!  I didnt sell you my extra backseat to see it go to someone else!..   :icon_smile_big:   :icon_smile_big: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

challenger70

I am sure everyone here can relate to what a waste of money these piles are, in the end you just have to decide if it's truly the car you want and commit to it.  Any Jag can go buy a new car, in the end you will have a badass car you can be proud of and not a cookie cutter Mustang, Corvette, etc.... just think long term and break the project up into doable pieces.   And I am sure you are not alone in the sitting in your car/on the seat making car sounds department. :smilielol:
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

BB1

Yeah that's me.  :rofl:

I'm looking forward to completing it the way I want it.

I will have to stage it more once the body is sound. All the mechanical is my domain, nothing will stop me this time.
Delete my profile