News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The rescue *Charger under raps* 2/17/09

Started by BB1, January 29, 2009, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

I rescued my now rusted up Charger today.

I was in better shape when I left it there last year.
:brickwall: :brickwall:

It now lives in a Mafia member's garage.
Kudos to (The 70 RT) for giving me a dry safe place.  :2thumbs:

:rotz:

Nice way to treat a customer's pride and joy, sitting exposed in the winter air after it was blasted last year.
:RantExplode:

Most of the exterior parts will be replaced, so I'm not that concerned.

Delete my profile

BB1

:icon_smile_angry:
Delete my profile

BB1

:icon_smile_big: now here it sits.

Thanks again

Delete my profile

Steve P.

Glad you've got it and KUDOS to The 70RT for being one hell of a guy...

:cheers:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BB1

A friend in need is a friend indeed.   :yesnod:

His 70 Charger R/T is awesome, a work of art. You all will love it when he gets it finished.   :cheers:
Delete my profile

69bronzeT5

It sucks that they left it out but atleast it's in a safe place now. :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

BB1

It's safe that all I care.

I have been over at the (so called body shop) the last two days and it is dead. The best body guy he had quit on Monday, and his Nephew blew up and quit on Friday.
He has a body shop that has no qualified body men in it.  ::)

See it all worked out. You guys where right on about getting my stuff out before things went to hell.

Thanks a lot people.  :boogie: :boogie:
Delete my profile

The70RT

Your welcome again Ed. As we know us Charger guy's gotta stick together  :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB1

Delete my profile

69*F5*SE

I can't believe they let it go like that, letting it get all rusty and all.  Glad to know you got it back and in a safe place.   :2thumbs:  Ted

captnsim

Nice...is their ever a end to the amount of jerks in the classic auto industry???? Just goes to show, us non pro's gotta stick together. Glad your car is safe.  :cheers:

skip68

:cheers:   Dennis is a good guy and your car is very safe.  :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BB1

Yes he is.

Well, all I can say is there is only one way to go from here, and that's UP!

We have the technology, he can be rebuilt.

I think that I will change his name,... to Darth Vader.  :D

Hence forth from this day a new name has been chosen.

Rise from the ashes, to rule the roads.
Delete my profile

bull

I'm glad you got it out when you did. Sounds like the place is going to go bankrupt and trying to get it out after that can be a nightmare from what I've heard.

Sadly you'll probably have to have it blasted again but make sure it gets a coat of EDP afterward this time. Even if you have to do it yourself. Anyway, good save. :2thumbs:

BB1

Fortunately, no new parts were ever put on by this guy; thank goodness. Other than the roof all the sheet metal is coming off.

All my expensive sheet metal is e-coated and stored away in my garage.
If he had put them on and left it out side, I would be coming out of my skin.

Things will be done right this time, I have confidence. 
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on February 17, 2009, 09:44:01 PM
Your welcome again Ed. As we know us Charger guy's gotta stick together  :2thumbs:
dennis is the man ,  glad you got it nice and safe now ed

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

PocketThunder

was the double nickel shoe box getting saved as well?   :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BB1

Delete my profile

mikepmcs

In one picture when you are loading your car, you can see a 55 chevy in the frame(actually you can catch a glimpse of it in 5 of the pictures).  Paul was asking what the story was with that car, basically.

Shoebox is a moniker and double nickel would be, of course...55. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BB1

:lol:

You wouldn't believe me if I told you.

The 4 door Chebi is a customers car, stick with me, he wanted it restored so he put money down to have him start on it. Drove in under it own power.

After sitting for months with nothing done, the guy was very angry and said he wanted some thing done or he's taking it out.
Well the parts started flying off,... after sitting in the corner for several more months, it found its way outside stripped to the bone rusting away in the winter snow.

Nice eh. Well he is good at something.  :smilielol:
Delete my profile

ACUDANUT

Ed, What was this guys name or body shop ?? We have to get the word out about this joker here in KC area.
Also, what did he say when you took the car out ?? ("thanks for the free money" ???)
Take this guy to small claims court. It's cheap, easy and you will WIN.

The70RT

Quote from: ACUDANUT on February 18, 2009, 07:51:26 PM
Ed, What was this guys name or body shop ?? We have to get the word out about this joker here in KC area.
Also, what did he say when you took the car out ?? ("thanks for the free money" ???)
Take this guy to small claims court. It's cheap, easy and you will WIN.

Yep. Even if he has no money you could maybe still get it later on down the line. I bet he's in trouble already. Probably been doing this for years and it finally caught up with him.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BB1

All I can say right now is things are in the works. I'm getting sound legal advice to be sure.
Stay away from Car Star off 7 highway & 83st, First name Fred, last name Gobel. 
Delete my profile

ACUDANUT

Cool. But what was his reacting to you pulling the Charger out ?? Any words ??

dpm68

Glad you have it out of there. It's certainly not the car's fault, now it needs some soothing TLC. And BTW, methinks I saw what appears to be a '72 perhaps '71 Cutlass sitting outside your garage. I had a '72 vert - heavy beast, but I loved that car.