News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turn Signal Cam

Started by Kyles69, January 27, 2009, 12:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turn Signal Cam

HELP
3 (75%)
HELP
1 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Kyles69

Hello, I'm brand new to this site & just recently purchased a 69 Charger!  My turn signals will not cancel when going right but it does to the left.  Pulled the steering wheel & the plastic cam is broken.  I purchased  new cam from my local part store & it just isn't going to work, its made too different.  I checked with Year One & The Paddock & I can buy an entire harness but neither comes with the cam.  Year One & The Paddock show a cam only, however the cam from The Paddock is made just like the crappy cam I already bought (I believe The Paddock cam & O'Reilly cam are a universal type, that's actually what a sales person told me from Paddock) & Year One has not provided me with a photo of theirs (part # BH327) yet!  Does anyone have any input on this issue that can help me!  Thanks!

W4ATL

I had the same problem with the cam for my '68 Roadrunner. Turns out someone put in an early 70s turn signal unit in there. So I needed to get the early 70s cam and not the 68-69 cam. Once I got the right cam it fit.

W4ATL

Also, the company that makes the Paddock cams is Shee-Mar. You could try contacting them to help identify the proper cam.

http://www.shee-mar.com/

rick@laysons

This is the cancelling cam we offer, part# SR-250087, $19.00. I have this piece in stock and ready to ship. This is not from the same manufacturers mentioned above.

rick@laysons

Good speaking with you on the phone!!!!

Here's the two other cancelling cams we were talking about. SR-250082 is on the left and SR-250156 is on the right, hope one of these will work for you.......both are $19.00 and in stock.

Kyles69

Thanks Rick, it was a pleasure dealing with you as well!  The 250156 looks like the one I removed from my car.  Apparently the column has been changed maybe?  I called this morning & spoke with Jaycee (you were not in yet) & ordered the 250156.  She said it should ship by Friday!  Thanks again, and I'll be bringing you more business in the future!  ;D Take care!

rick@laysons

If SR-250156 looks like the broken cam that came out of your turn signal switch, I would speculate that at sometime a previous owner replaced the original turn signal switch with a replacement switch available from Mopar (or other sources) designed for the 1970-1974 models. This is a fairly common thing that we've encountered before.

Kyles69

Is there a way to identify whether or not my steering column has been changed out or its the factory column?  Would the 1970 switch/harness work in a 1969 model?  The reason I ask is I just ordered an aftermarket steering wheel, along with an install kit for my 69 Charger & after reading what you posted this morning I checked to see if an install kit is different for the 70 Charger vs. a 69 & it is!  So, now I'm concerned I might have ordered the wrong install kit for my new steering wheel  :-\ 

rick@laysons

As long as the steering column that's in the car now does NOT have the ignition switch on the column, you should be fine. The 70 and later columns have the ignition switch located on the column. It is possible to install a 70 and later turn signal switch into a 69 and earlier column. For many years, the only replacement turn signal switches available were for 70 and later cars, but with a couple of minor wiring changes at the bottom where the harness exits the column, the 70 and later switch would work just fine. Now that correct replacement switches are available, there is no longer a need to install 70 and later switches into 69 and earlier columns.