News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WHERE IS THE CARS FOR SALE SECTION ?

Started by model maker, January 28, 2009, 06:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

model maker

Is there a section for chargers that are for sale ?
MODEL MAKER

Martian R/T

On the main page 3/4 of the way down it says online swap meet, under the heading Classifieds.
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Dans 68

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

ACUDANUT

You can only view the cars for sale.  BUT, YOU CAN'T REPLY.  Whats the deal ??

WingCharger

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 28, 2009, 07:44:31 PM
So that fights won't occur. :rotz:

General_01

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 28, 2009, 07:44:31 PM

This has been answered many times. Troy pulled the plug on replying to for sale ads because they always came to "Your asking way too much for that" or "You must be smoking something" type responses. Therefore, no more replys. If you are interested, pm the person or, if they were smart enough to put them in their ad, email or phone them.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

ACUDANUT

How can you fight ??? It's the Owners car. Take it, or leave it. Heck, you can't even ask for a picture ???

General_01

Yes you can. Ask the owner for pics in a pm and give him your email address. Very easy to do. You can also ask him if he can post a pic in his ad via pm. Also very easy to do.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Troy

ACUDANUT: Here's your answer:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23781.0.html

And you'll find your other answers if you read this thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23391.0.html

Too much babysitting for the moderators. If the sellers don't post enough information I can just start deleting ads but there's little chance that I'll ever allow responses again.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jb666

When I first came here I thought it was a bit odd.. But I can definitely see Troy's logic.  I kept asking myself "self, how are all these people posting in the for sale area yet have a ZERO post count?!?!?!"

:slap:

Some times the only thing I wish is that people had to have a minimum of 50-100 posts before posting in those rooms so people would at least "know" them.... I've gotten emails from "members" here trying to sell me parts and I've never seen a post from them...

But I agree with the way it's done  :cheers: :cheers:

ACUDANUT

69charger2002

Quote from: Troy on January 28, 2009, 07:54:17 PM
ACUDANUT: Here's your answer:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23781.0.html

And you'll find your other answers if you read this thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,23391.0.html

Too much babysitting for the moderators. If the sellers don't post enough information I can just start deleting ads but there's little chance that I'll ever allow responses again.

Troy

yep at first it kinda sucked, but after seeing other sites and how the for sale ads turn into 2 page ramblings that aren't even relevant, it's definitely best for the site. the PM and email features work great, and also allow for privtae negotiations anyway, instead of in public.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

model maker

MODEL MAKER

bull

This might sound dumb on the surface but I'd like to be able to reply in the Group Buys/Discounts sections. Once in a while people come up with extra little tricks and info that helps in that area but you can't add to the posts there.

Troy

Quote from: bull on January 29, 2009, 01:05:35 AM
This might sound dumb on the surface but I'd like to be able to reply in the Group Buys/Discounts sections. Once in a while people come up with extra little tricks and info that helps in that area but you can't add to the posts there.
Once again, a few have ruined it for everyone else - people have to throw out their "opinions" whether they have anything related to the thread or not. None of those sections are "discussion" boards - they are advertisements. The primary purpose of that particular section is to let people now where the deals are and it gets cluttered easily with nonsense. Group buys and special discounts are basically favors provided by certain vendors to help everyone here out and harassing or offending the vendor likely means they won't be offering any more deals. Also, the vendors don't always watch for responses (or have time to read through the junk) so it's always better to call and talk to them directly with any questions.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

68charger383

Besides the possible negative comments, I've seen issues on boards where the:

seller posts car or part for sale

two/three people post that they want it and req more info/pics

based on the order of the posts/responses, people think they have a priority over other posters and the other people should back off

someone gets the deal and other members start fights/neg comments with each other in other areas of the website which are really related back to this issue.

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hemigeno

This still has to rank up there as one of my all-time favorite posts, and it explains perfectly why Troy doesn't allow comments in the Classified section:

Quote from: Troy on January 28, 2007, 12:18:02 PM
You have some really valid points so I'll try to make sure I respond to them all.

The decision had absolutely nothing to do with bandwidth, "clutter", hard drive space, or trying to cut down on chatter. It had everything to do with people who can't manage to behave. I was tired of deleting posts, locking threads, posting warning after warning after warning, and losing members. From a different perspective, many ads went something like this:
Seller: I have something for sale
Response1: Location? Price?
Response2: Will it fit XXXX?
Seller: I'm in Sometown. Asking $$$$. Email me@someplace.com or phone ########
Response3: You're on crack if you think it's worth that much.
Response4: I have one in better condition for sale.
Response5: Really? How much?
Seller: Why don't you start your own ad. My price is firm.
Response6: What a rusty pile.
Response7: I bought one just like it for $3 in 1983.
Response8: I never pay more than $10 but I'd give you <some price around 1/100th of the asking price>.
Response9: My uncle had one but it was blue.
Seller: Still for sale.
Response10: Is it still for sale?
Response11: Is this item still for sale? How much? Where are you located?
Seller: Price lowered to $$$. Must sell.
Response12: Price gouger. You're an &*(*&$ if you think you can get that much.
Response13: This isn't Barrett Jackson, get real.
Response14: <brings up an exchange between self and seller from 5 years ago> Hey jerk why do you sell your junk somewhere else.
Seller: You never paid deadbeat. On top of that you expected free shipping on an engine, 4 bumpers, and a frame rail. This guy is a fraud!
Response15: I still hate you.
Response16: I only paid $5 for the one on my Ford. You rich guys and flippers are ruining our hobby!
Seller: Screw you guys, I'm going somewhere else.
Response17: Is it still for sale?

In between that mess I get three PMs from the seller complaining about the rude responses, three PMs from buyers who think the seller is rude, four reported posts from random readers of the ad, and then the seller responds to someone else's post in a rude manner because *I* allowed it to happen to him, which sets of another round of PMs and reported posts. Don't forget to add in the "trolls" who only post to insult others and sellers who are "one post wonders" and it becomes a full time job. I do NOT have the time or energy to babysit. Frankly, I shouldn't have to but it's obvious that many adults are hardly "grown up".

Troy

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: