News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 charger 500 for sale

Started by BigBlockSam, February 07, 2009, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

pettybird

dude send me some info on the car and I'll do the writeup--it's REALLY thin right now.

BigBlockSam

Quotey bid is in!  thumbs

Hey ,you out bid me  :popcrn:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69bronzeT5

Troy must of come across another Daytona. Good luck Troy :2thumbs: I'd hate to see Dana go though :'(
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

General_01

Troy has it in the "For Sale" section. $76,000 and it's all yours. And yes, he is on the trail of a Daytona again. Does anybody else hear Tom Petty singing "Runnin' Down a Dream" or is it just me? :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53404.0.html

Quite honestly, I think Troy is going to have to decide sometime. It is going to have to be the perfect storm to find a Daytona and sell the 500 for the money in a short time span. He is going to have to decide to go for the Daytona and just sell what he has and then start searching for a Daytona, or live with the 500 and the Hemi car. If you are reading this Troy, I don't mean any disrespect and I certainly wish you all the luck in the world. It just seems that a miracle would have to happen for all of this to happen at once.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: General_01 on February 07, 2009, 04:04:24 PM
Troy has it in the "For Sale" section. $76,000 and it's all yours. And yes, he is on the trail of a Daytona again. Does anybody else hear Tom Petty singing "Runnin' Down a Dream" or is it just me? :icon_smile_big:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53404.0.html

Quite honestly, I think Troy is going to have to decide sometime. It is going to have to be the perfect storm to find a Daytona and sell the 500 for the money in a short time span. He is going to have to decide to go for the Daytona and just sell what he has and then start searching for a Daytona, or live with the 500 and the Hemi car. If you are reading this Troy, I don't mean any disrespect and I certainly wish you all the luck in the world. It just seems that a miracle would have to happen for all of this to happen at once.

Yes, a miracle would work... I do have a car in mind, but the one I was honestly going for at the moment I found out 4 hours after I placed the ad from the owner is that it is probably gone by next week.. Sooooooo, It's sort of a mute point now.... My buddy with the other Daytona may have it for a while or not... Fate will lead the way, but one thing's for sure, I'll never just sell them without something in mind.

Topic removed in both classified ads........

I know you don't mean any disrespect... I'll just keep pushing forward.. Doesn't hurt me or cost a lot of money. Plus, I make connections here and there... It's all about networking. I have already had one person call to do a straight up trade, but the Daytona was a wee bit more of a project than what I wanted. So, in the mean time, I continue with the '68 doing it as good as I possibly and financially can and let the cards fall where they may... I'm in no position now where I "have" to sell..... And, as long as I have 3 rare Chargers in my garage, life's good. I still have the six pack '70 Charger R/T project as well......

Funny about the Tom Petty metaphor, I looked just like him when I was younger with my long straight beached blond hair..  :smilielol:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

General_01

Sorry it didn't work out. And your right, it doesn't hurt to try and you are not out anything if it doesn't work. :2thumbs:

P.S.-Chris will be disappointed now. I guess you are going to have to give him a ride in Dana to make it right now. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

hemi68charger

Quote from: General_01 on February 07, 2009, 05:36:04 PM
Sorry it didn't work out. And your right, it doesn't hurt to try and you are not out anything if it doesn't work. :2thumbs:

P.S.-Chris will be disappointed now. I guess you are going to have to give him a ride in Dana to make it right now. :icon_smile_big:

Chris could drive Dana ANY time..... Maybe we could work out a deal for his car and greenbacks if I need the extra cash with the '68 to get the other Daytona I know about..........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

General_01

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 07, 2009, 06:04:47 PM
Quote from: General_01 on February 07, 2009, 05:36:04 PM

Chris could drive Dana ANY time..... Maybe we could work out a deal for his car and greenbacks if I need the extra cash with the '68 to get the other Daytona I know about..........

That would work. I bet a lot of people on here would like you to help him get rid of his 4 door.

What's that?

Ohhhhhh. You meant his "REAL" Charger. :D

Just messing with ya Chris. :icon_smile_big:
496 stroker
4-speed

69_500

Ah so Troy, you actually had an offer for a project Daytona for Dana? You know me, I'd have taken it if it was me, but I am not picky at all when it comes to the thought of getting a Daytona.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69_500 on February 07, 2009, 06:36:50 PM
Ah so Troy, you actually had an offer for a project Daytona for Dana? You know me, I'd have taken it if it was me, but I am not picky at all when it comes to the thought of getting a Daytona.

NO, it was for the '68.......... It was a Daytona that needed all the components to the nose and wing, everything practically...
Troy

69_500

Hmm, so if the same offer was made for Dana I take it you'd do it? I don't know about you, but personally I'd give up my 500 for almost any Daytona, and yes that includes one that would be missing nearly all the parts.

gtx6970

Quote from: 69_500 on February 07, 2009, 08:27:05 PM
Hmm, so if the same offer was made for Dana I take it you'd do it? I don't know about you, but personally I'd give up my 500 for almost any Daytona, and yes that includes one that would be missing nearly all the parts.

I think you'd be nuts , but thats just me

69_500

Quote from: gtx6970 on February 08, 2009, 01:08:36 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on February 07, 2009, 08:27:05 PM

I think you'd be nuts , but thats just me

You wouldn't be the only one. I'm sure my wife would agree, she just rolls her eyes when I talk about trading the 500 for a non-running Daytona.

WINGMAN

Just get one of each, its only money they print it all the time. :icon_smile_big:  Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on February 09, 2009, 10:17:00 PM
   Just get one of each, its only money they print it all the time. :icon_smile_big:  Jay.
jay can you print me off some , i seem to be short on any to buy my daytona
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGMAN

Yes stuart i have a press running full time in the basement,do you need $10s or $20s. :nana:   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGMAN on February 09, 2009, 10:35:26 PM
  Yes stuart i have a press running full time in the basement,do you need $10s or $20s. :nana:   Jay.
what ever your willing to pass on   TY  J R
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

While your at it go ahead and print me off some. Or better yet, just give me your Daytona, and print yourself off enough money to go get another one.

nascarxx29

We know Troy is on a mission for a daytona .Hope it all works out
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701