News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Slant Six Charger on EBAY

Started by WH23G3G, January 26, 2009, 09:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I just thought I would let everyone know there is finally a 73 Slant Six Charger on EBAY. I may have missed them in the past but I've only seen 1 other one on EBAY of a 73 and that was years ago. This one is pretty nice. I'd buy it if I could afford another project. It's so cool to me to see a little Slant Six under the hood of what is usually considered a muscle car. I hope I can get some good pictures of it.

mikepmcs

Something isn't right with that listing.  Says it's worth more than starting price(there is no starting price) but lists a buy it now price of $6995.  My scam detector is going off big time on this one.  Could be legit but I'm done looking as soon as I see what I call gross errors in the listing.  Shoot the seller a specific question and see if they respond generically or hone right in on your question. :Twocents:

Also the vocabulary used in the listing is creepy as well, not normal lingo in my mind.  ie:sexy car, sexy beast, etc....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Muscle-DODGE-CHARGER-Rare-black-low-miles-Sexy-Car_W0QQitemZ130283846828QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item130283846828&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

FLG

I agree.

Looks like some nice rust spots on the driver side quarter and hes trying to hide ALOT with the water the whole hood is so un polished and probably faded that theres nothing but a sheet of water on there...look carefully. Also the "sorry there was a rain shower" line is total BS...anyone else notice the only WATER is under the car nowhere else to be found.

BS meter is off the scale

teamroth

^^ I caught that too Frank, I'm just staring at those puddles like huh?
You get my email?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

WH23G3G

I'm just trying to get some engine bay photos because I like to collect them. I've contacted the person and they say it's an original Slant Six car but has been painted a different color and different wheels have been added. If it was an original Slant Six car and I bought it, I'd repaint it the original color anyway. The one I saw a few years ago on EBAY was a lot nicer and original than I can tell this one is.

RallyeMike

QuoteI just thought I would let everyone know there is finally a 73 Slant Six Charger on EBAY. I may have missed them in the past but I've only seen 1 other one on EBAY of a 73 and that was years ago. This one is pretty nice. I'd buy it if I could afford another project. It's so cool to me to see a little Slant Six under the hood of what is usually considered a muscle car. I hope I can get some good pictures of it.

I had an original /6 74 Charger, and it could not get out of it's own way. The coolness factor wears off pretty quick once you drive one.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

WH23G3G

I know it would be awful slow. But you could play with it being a Slant Six if you blow it up you could find another slant six pretty easy. It would be good cruiser. And it wouldn't be so bad if you had another big block Charger to fulfill your torque needs. Id take one anytime.

Nacho-RT74

I like better the suppose 73 swinger he is selling too!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Dart-Dart-Swinger-DODGE-DART-Near-MInt-1-owner-All-Original-True-Survivor_W0QQitemZ130283880363QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item130283880363&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A727|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

about the Charger... IT TOOKS JUST 21K miles to paint black the grilles and bumper fillers and get apparently damaged fuel gauge ? or damaged woodgrained finish on steering wheel ?

and broken parking lense
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

68charger383

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 26, 2009, 09:34:30 PM
Something isn't right with that listing. 
Also the vocabulary used in the listing is creepy as well, not normal lingo in my mind.  ie:sexy car, sexy beast, etc....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___Muscle-DODGE-CHARGER-Rare-black-low-miles-Sexy-Car_W0QQitemZ130283846828QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item130283846828&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A317|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

The seller is from Washington State, that could explain it :girlfight: :dance: :ricky: :wave:     

The Sexy Beast is the vanity license plates you can keep if you buy the car and live in WA :rofl:

Looks nice, but I agree, I think the 6 cyl novelty would wear off fast and you'd be looking to stick a big block in it
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Old Moparz

I don't see any red flags that would make me think the auction isn't legit, but I'm also not someone who would believe what a seller tells me under any circumstances. I'd make arrangements to look at it if it was something I was interested in, but only after exchanging emails with questions & answers first.

As for the slant six, I had a 1970 Coronet with one & it was okay as far as enough power to move it. Neck snapping? Not a chance, but it was able to get up to highway speed safely. I also had a 1973 Duster with a slant six that fell on it's face. It all depends on the gears in the rear & what shape the engine is in.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Sublime/Sixpack

I'd say that the car has potential but can you trust someone that calls a six cylinder Charger a Muscle Car? Or claims that the slant six engine is very powerful? Or photographs the car wet and in the shade? Or claims to have a 440 powered Chevelle? And thats just to list a few!
The way some of these people talk up what they're trying to sell drives me a little crazy!  I say just tell the truth!
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

triple_green

I don't think this is a scam. The guy emailed me back and offered to let me come look at the car. I think the guy is a little "different".

I think that $7K for a /6 73 Charger is a lot of money even if it really has the low miles he claims. He did say the car has disk brakes. If this were any model but a charger it would be worth $1500.

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

doctorpimp

All 73 Chargers came with disc brakes - not really a big deal ;)
Yeah that is too much money for what you get...
'73 Coupe, 470, Keisler 5spd, 3.55 SG; Petty Blue; Hideaway Headlights.

www.cardomain.com/ride/2119216

triple_green

68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

mikepmcs

So the BIN was 6995 and the best offer was 5995.  Not buying it.  Who does a best offer like a used car dealer? Other than a used car dealer of course, but that offer would have been way less, because.... IMO if they just bought that for 5995, they just paid all the money that car is worth, maybe more. Can you smelllllelllllellllllelllllllll what the Rock is cookin'
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

WH23G3G

Well I never did receive the pictures back from the seller originally. Then after they responded to the picture request I reminded them again and never heard from them. It still would've been cool to have.