News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger

Started by clanton, January 26, 2009, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

Now I really wish I had the cash in hand.  It should go pretty quickly at that price.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

The70RT

Quote from: mikepmcs on March 15, 2009, 09:27:39 AM
Now I really wish I had the money.  It should go pretty quickly at that price.

Yeah it looks like he's gonna lose 2K on it if it goes for 18K.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

TUFCAT

Quote from: The70RT on March 15, 2009, 09:31:28 AM

Plus the cost of the new fuel tank, etc.  Being the cynic that I am.... I can't help but wonder what else might be wrong -  to lose over 2 grand?

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 15, 2009, 11:51:23 AM

Plus the cost of the new fuel tank, etc.  Being the cynic that I am.... I can't help but wonder what else might be wrong -  to lose over 2 grand?

I hear ya. Unless it was hacked on underneath I would hold tight on what I had in it and see what happens down the road. I can't think that it would be a money issue if he just got it.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 15, 2009, 11:51:23 AM

:yesnod:

I like the car alot and I want a 70 but that really makes me nervous.

mikepmcs

Only he can answer that question, but I kind of see his rationale, although not too rational, he just wants a bad thing gone.  I've been there done that myself, just make it go away.  Unfortunately, I regret it 110% of the time!!!!
That's why I asked him to step back and let the dust settle. :Twocents:

Clanton, one thing I did notice in your ebay listing is that you didn't tell of any of the problems you experienced and why you are selling.  It does seem that you would want to put it in the listing to make buyers feel your struggle and let them know what length you have gone to better the car for the next owner. 

I still maintain that I don't think you should sell it though

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

clanton

I feel this Charger is worth at the most 22k. Even though it is a nice car with nice options, this is all it will ever been worth to me. I just didnt see me restoring this car simply because it is just a base Charger. Now, my 68 I feel totally different about. This is the second Sunfire Yellow 68 I've owned. My first went to hell because I just didnt have the money to take care of it. The one I own now, I love the 4 spd in it, and something about a Sunfire, or Lime Green Charger drives me nutz. Most everybody on here who knows enough about Chargers knows this model will never become a 30k car, unless huge amounts of cash was spent to restore it, and in the end an R/T, GTX, or a 4spd will beet this car out in a sale, and I am just not willing to spend the money on it to restore it, right now when I think of spending money, it is on my 68. My dad told me once, you dont have to look for your car, when the time comes you wont be looking for it, it will be right there waiting for you. I spent 3 years in Iraq as a contractor, and made a lot of money. When I bought this car, I bought it because I could, and is money in the bank to me. Someone will come along sooner or later and this car will be for them. When I bought both of my 68s I didnt scoff at them, I just knew they were mine.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

I have been thinking of doing that "contrator work".  I heard Blackwater and the rest is going to cease to exist. ??

clanton

Still dangerous there.....
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

Yes.  Who would you recommend working for ?  I am a retired Marine of 25 years.

clanton

most every contractor pays very well, except KBR (Halliburton).
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nh_mopar_fan

It's back up again?

What happened?

The70RT

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on March 21, 2009, 11:08:50 AM
It's back up again?

What happened?

Maybe he had a deadbeat bidder......or?

Mopar2Ya

My guess is no one will bid now that the frame damage has been divulged.  :shruggy:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

TUFCAT

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on March 21, 2009, 09:53:07 PM
My guess is no one will bid now that the frame damage has been divulged.  :shruggy:

I'm no expert but it appears the frame was repaired well, and the price certainly seems right.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

mikepmcs

That frame repair wouldn't even be a thought in my mind. (as long as it wasn't repaired by BK Auto, in texas, that is)

I can't believe it isn't sold already.   $14000 and no bids.  That's a steal!!! :o  This is killing me.

Clanton, you sure their isn't anything else you want to tell us about this car.  Dropping $6000 in such a short amount of time makes us all wonder.  Sorry to keep prying and bringing up your misery but I don't think even I would drop that much unless I absolutely had no choice, which doesn't appear to be your issue. :shruggy:

b5blue

I know how he feels....I traded a 65 289 4bbl. 4 speed convertible Mustang for a 74 6cyl 3 on the floor Duster because I was getting a "Bad Vibe" about the thing and didn't want to know why! There were others that way to...."A good deal is in your head not on paper", he's not giving up on MoPar, his butt just don't fit that seat! I think that things the cats meow! But I don't have any money (or I would buy it for my son!). :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

Looks like it sold for 17,500 on 03-20-09.  Where are you getting 14,000  :shruggy:

TUFCAT

clanton

There is nothing else I know of that is wrong with it. This is a no reserve auction. If the economy was doing better, it would probably catch what everybody on here thinks its worth, but also that 69 500 isnt doing well either. But you have to think, a lot of cars you see on ebay with unreal buy it now prices, the sellers are just saying "Hey look what I got". I just want this whole experience out of my life. There is no confusion about it, there are no secrets, you want it buy it.
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nh_mopar_fan

What happened to the last auction?

chargerkid01

clanton,
If I could afford another charger and a trip to texas trust me I would be all over it. Hell, I would have bought it at the higher price it is a nice car. I hope you don'y lose your :moon: on it!!! That would b=really bite the big one!! :cheers:

69charger2002

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on March 22, 2009, 10:00:53 PM
What happened to the last auction?
i was wondering that as well. wasn't the reserve met last time?? 17,500.. i see 0 feedback, must have been a tire kicker.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

TUFCAT

Hey Trav......doesn't Chargerland need another Charger?  :2thumbs: