News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Charger

Started by clanton, January 26, 2009, 05:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

They look good together in those pics.

clanton

Thanks, I think the only reason I bought it was it reminded me of my 1st Charger when I was a kid. It was a 70 500 w/ a gator top. It is not that I do not like this car, I am in no real hurry to sell it. I have been tied up with my 68. I put in new carpet, new console, almost the entire dash is new, I bought a am/fm thumbwheel for it. I still have to replace the head liner on it. I have new a-piller moldings, new repo seat belts, rear panels, new package tray, rear window mouldings. I have a tun of parts sitting around waiting to be installed on the 68.
Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ACUDANUT

Quote from: clanton on February 26, 2009, 08:41:36 PM
She fired up, has good power. Suspension is a lil mushy. Heres a pic of my 4 spd H code, and my SE.
Good news. Now drive it and fun. You gotta great deal.

TUFCAT

Is that a tow strap around the front bumper??  :o :o  Please God, tell me it isn't.  :angel:

Ghoste

It ain't a hood hold-down.

SeattleCharger

note to self:    remove tow strap before photo shoot    :icon_smile_wink:       nice pair of chargers you got there

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

ACUDANUT

clanton

I am getting contact with the Texas state attorney generals office about the sale to me from ebay as being fraudulent. I just found out the torsion bar frame rails have been patched, I guess thats why the under side was painted black to cover it up. 
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

clanton

All this BS about the car running before the sale was bull crap.
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TUFCAT

UH OH,......I'm very sorry to hear this.  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

I hope you end up okay in the end. Sometimes I wish people would be required to buy a permit, then get it cleared with us at "dodgecharger.com" ...way before they were allowed to sell a car.

AT LEAST YOU HAVE "THE NETWORK" BEHIND YOU.  :2thumbs:

Dodge Don

I'm not taking the sellers side on this however I don't really see much in the original auction that seems misrepresented. So the torsion bar crossmembers were patched...poorly? If they were fixed properly I still don't see that as a major beef.

Hopefully I'm not coming across as a wise guy but you seem to expect alot more from a $20k car than may be reasonable. If the torsion bar crossmembers were patched well then you might look at it as a plus in that you have solid steel in a 40 year old car.  :shruggy:

clanton

The car was advertised as a running driving car, when I got it it wouldnt even start. I note the seller left in the car requesting the use of starting fluid by the shippers is proof the car couldnt even start. But there was no discloser of frame damage or repair in the original sale.
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SeattleCharger

I feel bad that you are so dissapointed with the whole deal, and maybe the guy wasn't honest.  Suing towards or through ebay is probably a long shot though.   Whether or not he knew of the frame rails is hard to prove, maybe the shop repaired it and said it was great, or he didn't know at all.  that would be hard to prove.   Point is, there are cliches' to maybe think about,  water under the bridge, throwing good money after bad money,  cut your losses and move on.  A lot of people have made A LOT worse purchases getting screwed, it could be A LOT worse.   Looking at all the good about the car,  I mean, read this thread, there are four pages of people praising and liking your car, and saying the deal seemed good.  It is 40 years old, and in great shape overall.    I am just trying to point out the good, trying to cheer you up, hope I'm not offending you giving advice.  ps. I know 20K is a lot of money, period, to not feel good about.   I went to school last year for the first year of a masters, I ended up not liking it and thinking I don't want to finish the second year.  I now have 21K in dept to fanny mae student loan, I have to pay for ten years.  You have a killer charger.   

clanton

I am just blowing steam, I just got pissed off when I found out about the frame rail.
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: clanton on March 04, 2009, 07:07:33 PM
I am just blowing steam, I just got pissed off when I found out about the frame rail.

I hear ya bud, that's what we're here for,  dodgecharger.com family.  Support each other.

:Twocents: Throwing your energy at the seller and ebay is a drain and a waste of your life, appreciate you have a great car and enjoy it!, life is too short,   :Twocents:

ps.   and vent all you want,   no worries mate

clanton

Well I put the car for sale on ebay. I think I just got too much of a bad first impression of the car. I would rather just get it out of my life before I find out something else is wrong with it. :pity:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

hemi-hampton

Buy yourself a trailer Queen for $100k, that should make you happy. Do you have Pics of the Rusty Frame? Maybe it's minor? Do you got a link for ebay or Item #?

clanton

I have my other Charger to make me  :cheers: :drool5: :yesnod: :icon_smile_big: :2thumbs: :rofl: :nana: :smilielol: :lol:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

clanton

And this Charger makes me  :'( :o ::) :icon_smile_angry: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :flame: :brickwall: :-\ :RantExplode: :Twocents: :eek2:
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

nh_mopar_fan

I thought the pic of the torsion cross member looked a little too pretty but when I mentioned it, no one else said a word so I thought it was just me.

Good luck on the sale.

Steve P.

Wish I had the money...  I LOVE that car... Colors and package are great...  :2thumbs:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

b5blue

I agree with Steve, it's a real looker!!!Good Luck selling it, I hope you turn a profit for your trouble!(you sound like me on every GM car I ever owned!)

mikepmcs

Auction ended.  Wish I had the cash for that car.  It's still an awesome price you paid and it's still an awesome car.  Wish we could change your mind.  My first car was a 1970 500 as well(Chris G has the build sheet to prove it) :2thumbs:

You could have paid $25k like I did and got a BK replica basically.  I might not have as much as Jeff in my 69 but I could mirror his thread I bet if I really started tearing my car down.  My only up side is it is a numbers matching car.  I've probably put another 7-8 in it since I bought it(by the way I bought it as a complete running restored car, just restored poorly) and it still will never be anything but a driver which is fine with me. It's a General Lee and it looks it so I can live with it.  My point being, you got a good deal and that car is worth every penny and more, IMO!!!

Please step back for a few weeks or so and reconsider your purchase.  I hope you change your mind.

v/r
Mike

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?