News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why get married?

Started by 69chargerboy, January 26, 2009, 02:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I didn't know what happiness was until i got married.........................Then it was too late.   :pity:

mikepmcs

Which brings me to my even shorter shortest fairy tale ever. 

A man asked a woman to marry him, she said no, and he lived happily ever after. THE END.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

aifilaw

Quote from: Khyron on January 26, 2009, 11:50:10 PM
If you wanted sex Then dont get married. :lol:

:iagree: :iagree:

Um... yeah. Pretty much. Got a lot more action before than after, especailly due to the baby... but fact is although you can't really rate it this way, even though it is logically correct. The good parts of marriage outweighs the bad across the board.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 26, 2009, 11:39:43 PM
I think you can also have sex without going to hell, but I'm not an expert on these matters.

I went to private catholic school for 12 years...    apparently you are correct...     then again I have missed religion class many times because I was busy fooling around with some girl(s) in the gym storage room   :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

darkfiire5000

The wife and I lived together for a year I did everything that I could think of that would piss her off. Oh and it did but she got over it in like a day or too. If your like me oil and gas running in the veins she has to be cool with you buying parts for the charger. Thats what sealed the deal between us and I couldn't be any happier.

500hp_440

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on January 28, 2009, 01:05:16 AM
Quote from: RallyeMike on January 26, 2009, 11:39:43 PM
I think you can also have sex without going to hell, but I'm not an expert on these matters.

I went to private catholic school for 12 years...    apparently you are correct...     then again I have missed religion class many times because I was busy fooling around with some girl(s) in the gym storage room   :2thumbs:
:scratchchin: Thats not what they've been telling me, looks like I just got something todo this weekend :D
That is beside the charger
Let it alone^.

RallyeMike

QuoteI went to private catholic school for 12 years...    apparently you are correct...     then again I have missed religion class many times because I was busy fooling around with some girl(s) in the gym storage room   2thumbs

Good news for you: You may have missed the class where they told you that could do anything you want as long as you later ask for forgiveness (or so I've been told).

And as far as marriage advice goes..... taking it from anyone who has never been married or is under perhaps 35 is as wise as taking religious advice from the likes of ME   :naughty:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Steve P.

COME ON GUYS. (((  NO RELIGION  ))).....  All it ever does is start problems even when said in jest.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

RallyeMike

Well, I think the marriage question has run its course.

As suggested by the moderator, I would like to change the topic to "messing around with non-denominational girls in the gym storage room".

Discuss.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

The70RT

To carry on the family name hasn't been mentioned yet. That would be someting you single guys may miss, unless you are letting a brother do that.  :pity:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

mikepmcs

You are absolutely correct in that aspect.  It ends with me.  I am the only son. But I don't feel a burning desire to do this, so I guess my family tree has been slated for clearcutting.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

chargerkid01

Yeah but who are you going to leave the charger to? Who is going to replace you in the charger enthusiest club?? Thats what kids are for!!

mikepmcs

Who cares, I'll be dead.  :lol:

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 29, 2009, 10:36:09 AM

My Dad has a Roadrunner and all of us kids want it someday, but he has always said none of you are going to get it, because i'm being burried in it!   :lol:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mikepmcs

I've been known to say that, but if I take all my stuff they are going to have to throw me in a quarry. :lol:

The70RT

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 29, 2009, 10:53:27 AM
I've been known to say that, but if I take all my stuff they are going to have to throw me in a quarry. :lol:

If you don't have a will, don't worry the state will take them. Did that storm hit you yet?

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 29, 2009, 10:50:34 AM
Quote from: mikepmcs on January 29, 2009, 10:36:09 AM

My Dad has a Roadrunner and all of us kids want it someday, but he has always said none of you are going to get it, because i'm being burried in it!   :lol:
mine all have me dead and buried and fight over which car they get .   :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

mikepmcs

Quote from: The70RT on January 29, 2009, 11:01:03 AM
Did that storm hit you yet?

Been and gone.  My fridge's ice maker can do better than that.  About 10 inches maybe. We got lucky and my heart goes out to the people west and south of here.  Hang in there people. :2thumbs:

RD

my two bits...

do what you want.  any opinions stated on this forum can be great advice or terrible advice.  ultimately, what we say here was just brought on by your attempt to substantiate an action/decision you have already made, but you are looking for support in order to give it purpose or to legitimize it.

not doggin' on you, but really this is a question of self-reflection and self-exploration.  if this thread helped you decide, then it did its purpose, but really you knew the answer all along.

good luck.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargerkid01

:iagree:

Mike,
   Here I'll start your will for you:

blah blah blah blah and now for the charger I leave it to Keith (chargerkid01), allis said and done!  :smilielol:

Hey it was worth a try, I'm laughing so hard people are looking at me. :cheers:

mikepmcs

Keith,
I would, but if my memory serves me right, I believe I willed it to the Thomas'(Mr&Mrs Skip68) clan a long time ago when they still lived in by god...Tennessee.  Gotta get here first and steal it I guess.  I should probably check into that will thing huh??

chargerkid01

:smilielol: Hell no I'm not stealing it remember the sneaking thing, I DO NOT THINK SO!!!! I love GLs but I love original chargers more, thats why mine is staying a white 318 (with a few little mods)

The70RT

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 29, 2009, 07:40:36 PM
Keith,
I would, but if my memory serves me right, I believe I willed it to the Thomas'(Mr&Mrs Skip68) clan a long time ago when they still lived in by god...Tennessee.  Gotta get here first and steal it I guess.  I should probably check into that will thing huh??

Sure why not Mike. You can get one of those self will kits and just get it notarized and your good to go....or when you die your heirs will be good to go ;D  Oh yeah and don't let anyone see it, that's how accidents happen. :whistling:

Green71R/T

A woman marries a man hoping he will change.A man marries a woman hoping she won't.

ACUDANUT

Just remember, when you marry her. She will gain 50-70 lbs. :brickwall: