News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to buy a charger 1968

Started by Thieske, January 26, 2009, 09:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thieske

Hello all,

I'm kinda new to this forum ^^ But well I've been looking for a old dodge charger prefer 1968. around a price of 1000-2500 dollar, or euro doesn't mather just in this range. I haven't found anything at all for the moment... So if any of u knows a good place to have a look at ( website ) Please could you help me with that one?

Aslong as the engine works I'm happy, I prefer the car to be a little rusty so you have to renovate it. Just for my hobby, together with 2 friends of mine. But we first have to get the car at a max price of 2500 dollars, as we also have to import it from there to the Netherlands.

So for the last time :) If anyone knows a proper website or a proper dealer which I can contact please let me know, as we really want a dodge charger to be renovated, and drive in it after.

Appreciate it,

Thijs

Back N Black

They have a Cars for Sale on this site. But i don't think you are going to find a running Charger for $1000 to $2500.  :shruggy:

ChargerSG

Dont think that either, if you are luckey you will find a good rustbucket that is mostley there for $2500. Those days with running ones for $2500 ended like 5-6 years ago, not to bring your hopes down.
Just check the Ebay and you may be luckey :cheers:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Thieske

I noted there are cars for sale on this site indeed, and well I've seen several cars with a range between these prices. But well those were not really what I'm looking for.... :(

And it's only the motor that needs to be working, the rest can be broken as hell doesn't mather because me nor my friends know nothing about a engine... so if the engine isn't working we can't renovate it ourself orwell we can renovate the outside and inside and then maybe bring it to a garage so they can have a look at the motor but that's gonna be pretty expensive also...

Dans 68

Welcome to the site! Best place in the world on the venerable Dodge Charger.

For the money you wish to spend you will get your wish and see only rusty cars (and probably without drivetrains). Look on this site's (and Moparts, and for B-bodies only) for sale threads, Ebay (http://motors.shop.ebay.com/items/Cars-Trucks___1968-Dodge-Charger_W0QQ_catrefZ1QQ_flnZ1QQ_trksidZp4506Q2ec0Q2em1?_trksid=p4506.c0.m1), Hemmings (http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/charger/?year=1968), Old Ride (http://www.oldride.com/classic_cars/dodge_charger.html)), etcetera. Your best bet is to also post a wanted ad here, in Moparts, B-bodies only, etc, to aid in your help. Use the search feature to comb the internet and ask members here for help in seeing the cars you find. The members here will be your best bet. Good luck.  ;)

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

moparstuart

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   hey i'd love to find a 68 for 1000 to   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on January 26, 2009, 11:40:45 AM
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:   hey i'd love to find a 68 for 1000 to   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Not to piddle on your corn flakes but I'd say $1,000 would be a good down payment on a parts car and $2,500 might get you a half-decent parts car with many parts missing. I'd say you'll need at least $6,000 to get a roller that might run but will have a lot of rust and need total restoration.

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on January 26, 2009, 11:46:26 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 26, 2009, 11:40:45 AM

Not to piddle on your corn flakes but I'd say $1,000 would be a good down payment on a parts car and $2,500 might get you a half-decent parts car with many parts missing. I'd say you'll need at least $6,000 to get a roller that might run but will have a lot of rust and need total restoration.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Brock Samson

:wave: Welcome to the site a great place to ask questions look for cars and learn.  :2thumbs:
  :think: yes, i have to agree with the prior posts...   :iagree:
to get into a 2nd generation Charger 1968-1970 vintage proper I'd suggest a $8,000 - $10,000 budget, that's before getting into details like the engine.
1,000 dollors or 1,000 euros might get you a particularly nice part, like a grill or such... but an entire car? I don't think so... not without a down the road outlay of ten to twenty times that much to get to a dependable driver status...
I'm sorry - But a budget so small is pretty much simply not enough... you'll have the added expense of importation and other rather pricey factors to concider, when folks ask me about the purchase price of cars i suggest they spend only 2/3 of their budget for the actual auto and the rest goes for various misc. items associated with the vehicle's proper care and feeding,..
:paintingpink:
in the realm of the hobby car that's a pretty conservative estimate.
Hate to bust your bubble but your not gonna find a charger worth fixing up for a grand or even two. not a second Gen. especially a '1968...
triple the $1K budget and you might have a chance, but still not much.
There are a few residents of this site from your neck of the woods here - I'm sure they can help with your search and questions...
                              :grouphug:

Glad to have you aboard Thieske.  :drive:

Marck

Not to bring your hopes further down, but I bought my charger for 15.000$ two years ago, and the engine blew on my first run, so you need to save up some more money.. I couldn't tell you how much exactly, but others have given you reasonable budgets..
I have just about the same amount in the car now in renovation, as i spent on the car it self... Just to give you a ballpark figure..

skip68

I would say you could get the biggest piece of junk of a car that you've ever seen with a running engine for around.... :scratchchin:  I'm sorry but that's not going to happen.  Because a junk 1968 Charger is not going to have a running motor or any motor at all for that matter.    $7k-$8k may get you a 1968 with a running motor.   :yesnod:    Sorry,  Chuck............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69bronzeT5

We paid $400 for my '69 and it was missing parts, barely ran and rusty. That was in 1998......

All I can say is watch out for HLPAG and BK Auto.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

The70RT

I got mine for 1000. It ran great and it needed nothing. But that was 30 years ago.......good luck.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ChargerSG

70 Charger bigblockcar looked ok for $2500(missing engine) dont know him but he take an offer to give him a call 4048672972. Someone may take it before thou so be fast :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

Check this out.  Talk about putting down the crack pipe!  They want $7000 US for this thing.  Its maybe worth $700.   :Twocents:

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/details?adId=90399340
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

ChargerSG

For 7k you can get a running Charger, allot of people trys that thing :rotz:

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 26, 2009, 03:13:41 PM
Check this out.  Talk about putting down the crack pipe!  They want $7000 US for this thing.  Its maybe worth $700.   :Twocents:

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/details?adId=90399340
worth more the 700.00  but no where near 7k

Dans 68

Here is what $4,000 dollars will get you. http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/994575678.html Not what you want to see but it is reality. And Craigslist is a good way to see the local markets and what prices Chargers across the country/world are bringing. If you feel so inclined you can do regional searches using http://www.crazedlist.org/. I search once a week across the country to see what is out there, but that is just me.... :P

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

CB

Hi and welcome! Where are you from?

So you're looking for a '68 Charger around 1000 to 1500 bucks and pay more to ship it to Europe?

What will 1000-1500 Dollars get you...a nice set of wheels and tires? 2 re-pop fenders? A new transmission? :scratchchin:

I live in Belgium and bought several (5) Chargers in the US over the years and shipped them over.
The cheapest one was $3500, like 5-6 years ago, non running big block '68 with LOTS of work. I mean LOTS of work.

1500 won't get you a running decent project car, sorry :rotz:
And if so, please see that you got your Tetanus shots!
CB
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

hermopar383

:o   Boy do i feel lucky!  I got my 68 charger, two owner, dead in the garage for 17 years, original motor, for $3500 . . . . just a few months ago.   Ok ok, so it has a few dents and a spot of cancer or two and it's not pretty.  ok OK, so there isn't a straight piece of metal on it and the thing is stinking up the garage!!  There I said it!     

The man saw me fall in love with the old trash-filled-heap (and saw that I was wearing my lucky make-a-deal bikini top   :drool5:  )  and gave me a great deal. 

Sorry, I don't have pics (of the CAR) on this pc put posted one on another thread. 

The deals are out there.   I just happened to be driving by when his wife was pulling into the garage.  I about vapor-locked when I saw the taillights.   

hermopar383

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 26, 2009, 12:10:14 PM
1,000 dollors or 1,000 euros might get you a particularly nice part, like a grill or such... .

For $945 you can get a set of replacement taillights!    =)   OMG this stuff is expensive!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: hermopar383 on January 26, 2009, 06:06:49 PM
:o   Boy do i feel lucky!  I got my 68 charger, two owner, dead in the garage for 17 years, original motor, for $3500 . . . . just a few months ago.   Ok ok, so it has a few dents and a spot of cancer or two and it's not pretty.  ok OK, so there isn't a straight piece of metal on it and the thing is stinking up the garage!!  There I said it!     

The man saw me fall in love with the old trash-filled-heap (and saw that I was wearing my lucky make-a-deal bikini top   :drool5:  )  and gave me a great deal. 

Sorry, I don't have pics (of the CAR) on this pc put posted one on another thread. 

The deals are out there.   I just happened to be driving by when his wife was pulling into the garage.  I about vapor-locked when I saw the taillights.   

Yes, you can occationally (very rarely now) find deals on Chargers, but to get them you have to be actively (literally traveling around) searching the US backwoods to find them.  The chances of him finding one across the pond like that are virtually none, especially using only the internet.  Ebay might be the one place where he could luck out, but he will have to be watching it 24/7 to get a chance.  Even if he does find a shell with an engine in that range, it likely won't have a good title, which would be a problem to customs in his country.  I am with the others on this one, I hate to be a downer, but he needs to raise his offer range for what he wants......
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Dans 68

...I about vapor-locked when I saw the taillights.   

Very well put!  :cheers: I'll look for your other thread.

They are out there, but...it take persistence  and luck to get a whole one for only a few thousand.

Dan

Brock Samson

:o      

The man saw me fall in love with the old trash-filled-heap (and saw that I was wearing my lucky make-a-deal bikini top   :drool5:  )  and gave me a great deal. 

:scratchchin:

:scope: This thread is useless without pics!

CB

So Thieske , what are your thoughts? :shruggy: :scratchchin:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: Does anyone remember the couple of guys that came on here in the hopes someone would give them a '69 charger so they could have a General Lee...  :lol: