News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Question about Carlisle

Started by Tilar, January 25, 2009, 07:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

I'm planning on going to Carlisle this year. I've never been. I'm curious about vendors there. Do they have any special pricing that would make it worthwhile to wait and buy the items while I'm there? I'm thinking things like rear quarters and a trunk floor.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

I've heard the vendors do have special pricing for Carlisle attendees. Heck, the cars and people alone are enough to make me wanna go.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

Carlisle has some "special deal" but the biggest thing is you can save shipping and see , in person, what you are buying.

Plus , like Cody said, The people and the cars make it a GREAT time.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dkn1997

you can get some good deals on used parts if you get there real early or stay real late.  If you negotiate with an internet seller on a used part..he can just let it sit.  If you negotiate with a show vendor..he's got to drag it home if he doesn't sell it.

I bought bumpers from bumperboyz a while back.  arranged the whole thing over the phone, paid,etc.. met up with them at E town and gave them my old bumpers to trade, picked up my new ones.  besides saving on shipping twice, I got to pick through the pile for 2 really good bumpers.  the first one they handed me was not so good.  People say a lot of bad about them, but my bumpers were really nice.
RECHRGED

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 25, 2009, 07:52:29 PM
I've heard the vendors do have special pricing for Carlisle attendees. Heck, the cars and people alone are enough to make me wanna go.

Can't beleive you don't go Cody,you're right up the road,just like 1hot68.

69bronzeT5

:lol: It's only 2330 miles away :lol: I'm flying in for 2010 though :cheers:

bill440rt

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 25, 2009, 08:43:47 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 25, 2009, 07:52:29 PM

Can't beleive you don't go Cody,you're right up the road,just like 1hot68.

"over the hill and thru the woods..."  :whistling:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dkn1997 on January 25, 2009, 08:27:41 PM
you can get some good deals on used parts if you get there real early or stay real late.  If you negotiate with an internet seller on a used part..he can just let it sit.  If you negotiate with a show vendor..he's got to drag it home if he doesn't sell it.

I bought bumpers from bumperboyz a while back.  arranged the whole thing over the phone, paid,etc.. met up with them at E town and gave them my old bumpers to trade, picked up my new ones.  besides saving on shipping twice, I got to pick through the pile for 2 really good bumpers.  the first one they handed me was not so good.  People say a lot of bad about them, but my bumpers were really nice.
Yeah the second set was. What if you got the first set after paying shipping?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Old Moparz

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on January 25, 2009, 11:03:50 PM
:lol: It's only 2330 miles away :lol: I'm flying in for 2010 though :cheers:

And boy will his arms be tired.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69bronzeT5

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 25, 2009, 07:58:45 PM
Carlisle has some "special deal" but the biggest thing is you can save shipping and see , in person, what you are buying.

international relations including LOL
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Tilar

Well, I'm definitely going even if I don't buy anything. But since freight is as high as it is, I might as well bring my suburban or pickup truck to bring some parts back with me.   :icon_smile_big:

Last swap meet I went to was Pate, and there hasn't been a Pate meet since the raceway went into Dallas.
Dave  

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 26, 2009, 03:12:34 PM

It was really cool to meet ya there Nach ! And everyone Else I meet too!! Definitely a Great time!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rich4406bbl

If it's your first time to Carlisle, you will NOT be disappointed!!! IMO it blows away the NATS! Better layout and a HUGE swap meet. The only drawback is the cruising is not as good but after being out in the hot sun from 7:30 until sundown at the fairgrounds, too tired anyway for it. Show is from Friday-Sunday but they let you in during set-up on Thursday. Scored some good deals during set-up.

NHCharger

Yeah, check out this smokin' deal
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

teamroth

Quote from: moparstuart on January 26, 2009, 10:27:43 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on January 26, 2009, 06:59:39 PM
Yeah, check out this smokin' deal
that car is now in austraila being restored

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,44092.0.html

Thought that was the one. Stu, did he pay the 140k nut for that rattletrap? (I know it will be awesome when it's done, but holy shnikeys!)
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

4cruzin

Carlisle is alot of fun and there are rows and rows of parts!  Some are specially priced for sure!   But as stated above . . you can inspect the part and save on shipping.  If you are looking for some tough to find parts, Carlisle and the Mopar Nats are the place to go.   :2thumbs:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: rich4406bbl on January 26, 2009, 06:02:42 PM
If it's your first time to Carlisle, you will NOT be disappointed!!!

well I got dissapointed... not enough time if you are looking for parts and then go to see all the events and cars. In fact I missed ALL the events but the burnt out one ( partially ), and just made to enjoy 3/4 of all the cars, and it was a quick overview taking pics.

But of course living there you know will be able to go next year! I don't think will be able this year.

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 26, 2009, 05:56:00 PM
Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on January 26, 2009, 03:12:34 PM

It was really cool to meet ya there Nach ! And everyone Else I meet too!! Definitely a Great time!!

Definitelly!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Tilar

Quote from: 4cruzin on January 26, 2009, 11:46:59 PM
Carlisle is alot of fun and there are rows and rows of parts!  Some are specially priced for sure!   But as stated above . . you can inspect the part and save on shipping.  If you are looking for some tough to find parts, Carlisle and the Mopar Nats are the place to go.   :2thumbs:

Maybe I should have made my reservations for more than just friday and saturday.  :lol:
Dave