News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG: Please tell your stories and share what you think about them.

Started by 426HemiCharger, January 24, 2009, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi-hampton

They Didn't even take the door handle or door lock off. That sure looks like the same kind of Paint jobs I did at Maaco in the late 80's for $149.99 for Presidential. LEON.

500hp_440

When you went to get it, or when it was deliverd when the driver pulled up and it was like that you should have sent him back and refused to accept it, they cant just drop a car, if you dont sign for it, its not in your posession yet and its still the drivers responsiblity and Han's.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I almost bought a car online and thats what I was told to do, get a contract from the owner to driver to me,  :shruggy:
Let it alone^.

squeakfinder

How do these people keep finding these cars to slap on lipstick and makeup?

You can put lipstick on a pig......but its still a pig. :shruggy:
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

69bronzeT5

Quote from: jb666 on January 25, 2009, 08:23:54 PM
This one's funny.. And a huge red flag.. Painted trim, sitting on it's rotors, didn't remove the bumpers/mirrors, and the list goes on...

Idiots......
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

426HemiCharger

It's sad they turned a great hobby it a "run-of-the-mill" General Lee operation the generates " rolling turds".
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

hemi-hampton

426HemiCharger

Huh?  well what evere it means it probably makes fun of HLPAG. :laugh:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

squeakfinder

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on February 18, 2009, 11:05:55 PM
Huh?  well what evere it means it probably makes fun of HLPAG. :laugh:

Earl Scheib commercial.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uCDV8OWRQA

hemi-hampton

Deja-Vue, Squeakfinder, Thanks for the Link, Brings back memmories I forgot I had. LEON.

Lee01

Did they have any issue with License these cars product with Warner Bros??  :rotz:

If I was working at WB I would be piss at them for taking advante of the GL like this and screwing people like that!!  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

squeakfinder

Quote from: hemi-hampton on February 19, 2009, 08:25:41 PM
Deja-Vue, Squeakfinder, Thanks for the Link, Brings back memmories I forgot I had. LEON.

No problem. I can remember people getting paint jobs back then. Most seemed happy with what they got, but to me they didn't shine all that well, it was like there was no catalyst added to the paint.

426HemiCharger

Sorry people but I need the straight and skinny on HLPAG. OK :2thumbs:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

mauve66

wow, maybe a bumper is a little harder to remove before painting but the mirror and door handle??? wow
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

426HemiCharger

I google map-ed the place and it's got go-carts and golf carts in front! :smilielol: What happened to the :insertsarcasm: quality Chargers.  My favorite death trap is the one that "looks" like a "ONE oF ONE" Daytona for $24,999. Like a Daytona would really sell for so little.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on February 24, 2009, 11:45:26 PM
I google map-ed the place and it's got go-carts and golf carts in front! :smilielol: What happened to the :insertsarcasm: quality Chargers.  My favorite death trap is the one that "looks" like a "ONE oF ONE" Daytona for $24,999. Like a Daytona would really sell for so little.

Ok, first, all of the links in your signature are dead.

Next, I don't get it. You're 12 miles from there. Why were you dealing with him the way you were? You could be at his shop in 15 minutes, there should have been no chance of you not getting what you paid for  :shruggy:

Didn't you say, in an earlier thread, that your parents did this deal for you? I might be mistaking you for someone else, but I thought this was the case. Either way, if he ripped you off, it's a short trip over there to have him make things right. Did you approach him AFTER you got the car??

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on January 25, 2009, 06:38:32 PM
I was suckered in by: "Easy to do Garage Resto" and from the pics all I would have expected was a bumper straightening and a mirror. :shruggy:  Instead I get stuck with a car that does not run, had no trunk, neither of which was told to me.  The car was seen by my father and me and were told "what you see is what you get". I was promised a spare tire to "replace" the Cragar wheel, and was given a POS wheel that doesn't even go to a Charger.

AS IS was when I the trunk was full of parts!!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:

Ok, this is what I was thinking of. If you saw the car with your Dad and agreed to buy it "as is", how did it change from then to the point that it arrived at your house? Didn't you go pick it up and trailer it home? Did Hans deliver it to you??

The guy I know that Hans delivered a car to brought it in the middle of the night. It was pouring rain. He had it TIED down to a trailer. The guy cut the straps with a knife, dropped the car and drove away. To say that Hans knows how to take a good picture is an understatement, but you were actually there.

426HemiCharger

Well the links are not dead you just have to put them in your browser bar.  I first viewed the car in July with the parts in the trunk, I was promised the car in the AS IS condition of July in September they got the trunk stripped of OE and cool stuff.  I did first it was the spare tire he caimed it was cracked, BULLSHIT!!! :icon_smile_angry: Hans is not dumb he know how much an original Cragar S/S wheel is worth so I contact him he won't hand it over, so I get a black steel wheel that is incorrect and probaly doesn't fit Mopars.  :flame:  I contacted him about the steering wheel and mirror and he said "I'll have some new cars soon and I'll pull what I can". No doubt a butcher shop.  That was over 4 months ago More or less.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

426HemiCharger

I double checked the links and your right, I don't get it. Anyways I am pissed that Hans would do that me, but I have come to live with it.  Hans had it delivered.  In July the trunk was open, and I say all the stuff When I got it was closed and poped it with a flat head screwdriver. Only thing that was in there was a P.O.S. Intake for a 74 440.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on March 01, 2009, 11:55:56 AM
I double checked the links and your right, I don't get it. Anyways I am pissed that Hans would do that me, but I have come to live with it.  Hans had it delivered.  In July the trunk was open, and I say all the stuff When I got it was closed and poped it with a flat head screwdriver. Only thing that was in there was a P.O.S. Intake for a 74 440.

Wow, that really sucks. Hans knows how to talk a good story..

I'm sure there were circumstances around the delivery of the vehicle, but why didn't you go pick it up and not give him the chance to screw you over delivering it? Did he offer "free delivery" to your house or something?  He tried jumping from $600 to $800 to $1100 for delivery to my area if I bought from him..

The guy who delivered my buddy's "car" pulled it from Illinois behind a VAN on an open bed Uhaul trailer.

426HemiCharger

That's the funny thing I read from AirbourneSilva that he had his shipping jacked up but mine was not.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

426HemiCharger

It was 2 and a half months so I think they cleared the trunk somewhere inbetween when I check her out and when I bought her.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

gordo1968charger

luckily i did nt buy a car from them,i spoke to someone called john,who was quite honest,and told me the cars needed restoring,he sent me some pictures,END OF STORY.
i was going to fly to lake villa and view anyway,but the pics saved me the air fare.
at the time(2004)it was going to cost me about £7000 to buy plus shipping to the uk,luckily i found a numbers matching big block charger for £10000,(i lent £2000 off my dad!!)that was fresh in from california,running and driving all taxes paid and uk registered.
which needed a great deal less work than theres did.
i feel i had a lucky escape.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

426HemiCharger

I got a Air Conditioning car so it wasn't a total loss. LOL
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

southrnfarmer84

Hi Yall,
Im a new member and was browsing when i came upon a forum about hlpag. Let me tell you my story.

when i was 19 i was looking to buy me a muscle car. well i came across a general lee and i fell in love with it until I GOT IT! these guys scammed me good. i was so embarrassed of myself. pretty much they told me "its a great car but needs a little attention give it 3 months in a garage and it will be ready for a show" well 5 years later im still paying on it and it just sets. i was so mad but there was nothing i could do. ever since then i never buy nothing by the internet without looking at it first. If i could go back in time i would of never bought the thing. well maybe ill win the lottery and be able to fix it up one day. Oh well...............