News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG: Please tell your stories and share what you think about them.

Started by 426HemiCharger, January 24, 2009, 10:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

426HemiCharger

Well as another member said "we are all familiar with HLPAG". I wanted to see how bad it really is.  I have a personal story about them, and anyone who posts here is welcome to share a story if they have one.

Here's my story:

No Better than HLPAG, huh?

Well I think you are right, sad to say.  I bought my Charger R/T from them in mid September, and I was promised "AS IS" condition from when I saw it in June.  This meant I would get the car plus the trunk full of parts that I saw.  In the trunk was a G33 Mirror, S79 Steering Wheel, incorrect intake manifold (I was told was the correct one by Hans, himself), and the creme de la creme of parts a rare and pristine Cragar S/S wheel, the day on delivery came and the only thing in there was the "Correct" manifold.  They lied about the other parts and told me the S/S wheel was "cracked" (sure... I'd believe that the day they sold me the car with a running engine and with the taillights I saw on the back on the car.) Yes the engine was seized, yes they also stole the taillights, they replaced them with two broken taillights, one 69 & one 70.     
------------------------Cars I have now----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS
-----------------------Cars I wish I had----------------------------
1969 Charger R/T 4-Speed or Hemi Clone
1970 Charger R/T Hemi Clone
1970  Dodge Polara IL State Police Car
---------------------------Future Posibilities------------------------
2010 or later Ford Fusion Hybrid (Replaces 2002 Hyundai)

jb666

426HemiCharger

Well see for yourself these are the pic they took

1. the (seized) engine

2. The interior with bondo floor pans

3. The exterior
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

ChargerSG

How long/many years can they go on, that nothing bad happend to them is unbeliveable considering the rip off on many peolpe... :flame:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

mikepmcs

Here is a comprehensive thread already started by Tony Silva with pictures that would be somewhat closely related to Jeff's thread.
Mods, is a suggestion to merge 426hemicharger's with airbornesilva's out of line here?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html

Also, there are quite a bit more threads on Luedtke Performance Auto Group on this site already as well. 

another one just for an example

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,18332.0.html

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

nitrousn

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on January 24, 2009, 10:36:56 PM
Well as another member said "we are all familiar with HLPAG. I wanted to see how bad it really is.  I have a personal story about them, and anyone who posts here is welcome to share a story if they have one.

Here's my story:

No Better than HLPAG, huh?

Well I think you are right, sad to say.  I bought my Charger R/T from them in mid September, and I was promised "AS IS" condition from when I saw it in June.  This meant I would get the car plus the trunk full of parts that I saw.  In the trunk was a G33 Mirror, S79 Steering Wheel, incorrect intake manifold (I was told was the correct one by Hans, himself), and the creme de la creme of parts a rare and pristine Cragar S/S wheel, the day on delivery came and the only thing in there was the "Correct" manifold.  They lied about the other parts and told me the S/S wheel was "cracked" (sure... I'd believe that the day they sold me the car with a running engine and with the taillights I saw on the back on the car.) Yes the engine was seized, yes they also stole the taillights, they replaced them with two broken taillights, one 69 & one 70.     

And you expected better of them.  :o :smilielol: :o :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :hah: :hah: :shruggy: Every mopar web site has not a good thing to say about those clowns. Buyer be very beware.

jb666

Bad info on HLPAG is NOT hard to come by. I mentioned the name here months ago and here's the result:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,47733.0.html

I was talking with Hans during the summer of 08 and the wife was on her computer across the room.. She says "Ummm, I think you should come read this stuff", and the rest is history.. I found BK  :smilielol: . Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

426HemiCharger

:icon_smile_big: well now I know about HLPAG and BK Auto,  so I just wish I could have done my research before I bought my Charger from them.  I talked with Hans, he sure is a con-artist, he actually befriended me then ripped me off a trunk load of goodies, plus an awesome Cragar S/S wheel.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on January 25, 2009, 12:14:49 PM
:icon_smile_big: well now I know about HLPAG and BK Auto,  so I just wish I could have done my research before I bought my Charger from them.  I talked with Hans, he sure is a con-artist, he actually befriended me then ripped me off a trunk load of goodies, plus an awesome Cragar S/S wheel.
Oh, Hans is quite the talker... Ask ANY questions and he's got the "right" answers for you!!

skip68

The best thing you can do is to use their own words against them.  Do you have a contract, bill of sale, agreement, written description, sale ad of the car, ? ? ? ? ? ?   You "MUST" show proof of them being dishonest.  For them to sell bondo buckets and telling you it's an easy fixer is not a crime, it's for you to do the homework on what it takes to build these cars.   YOU MUST get it in writting the details of what they are selling.   :yesnod:   Post your paperwork and pictures showing them at fault.   Black all of your personal info out.   ;)    Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

skip68

AS IS condition means they don't have to do anything.  Buyer beware.  Everything MUST BE IN WRITTING.  I don't see a problem here.   :rotz:  Sorry..........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger01

I was actually browsing their site a few years ago when I was looking for a General Lee replica.  They had one that looked really good in the pics and the ad said it was totally restored and ready to go.  You could tell by the pic that the speedometer cable under the car was just hanging there.  I actually called and spoke with Hans.  I inquired about a few things including if the guages all worked.  He told me they did not, but none do in these old cars.  Those two little things shyed me away from HLPAG.  If the car is listed as totally restored yet you tell me the guages dont work.  What else could be wrong with it?  I began shopping elsewhere.  Glad I did.

426HemiCharger

I was suckered in by: "Easy to do Garage Resto" and from the pics all I would have expected was a bumper straightening and a mirror. :shruggy:  Instead I get stuck with a car that does not run, had no trunk, neither of which was told to me.  The car was seen by my father and me and were told "what you see is what you get". I was promised a spare tire to "replace" the Cragar wheel, and was given a POS wheel that doesn't even go to a Charger.

AS IS was when I the trunk was full of parts!!!!!! :flame: :flame: :flame:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

joflaig

They are only about an hour from me. When I fond their site back in early 2007 I sent them an email. This was their response:

"thanks for taking the time to write to us! with what you are looking to spend ad what youare looking to get is something very doable! every car is different. in that some cars require different things and come from different places. all of the cars you see on our main website   WWW.HLPAG.COM  we build them with the focus that you can jump in and drive them. we go through the whole mechanicals and replace what needs to be replaced. the drivetrain as well. if on a certain car we know of the history of the drivetrain we will go ahead and state it in the ad. but we make sure that you will have a nice healthy drive train that doesn't smoke, tick or knock or is on it's last limb! the bodies go back to bare metal and then we go from there. any body panel with rust gets cut out and replaced. we install tons of new parts depending again on what the car would need! the way we work is this: you tell us to jump and we are gonna ask how high! we can do as little or as much as you would want on it. so we can build you exactly what you want! i hope that this helps. if you have any other ?'s please feel free to email or give me a calll thanks  OSCAR........."

I quicly discovered on the internet not to do business with them. I still got screwed by someone else, but it's another story.

426HemiCharger

I talked to Oscar in 2006 and he said the same thing, just in person, what do you think about them?
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on January 25, 2009, 08:06:47 PM
I talked to Oscar in 2006 and he said the same thing, just in person, what do you think about them?

Hold on.. You said in another thread you were 6 years from legal drinking age right now, making you 15.. You were talking to HLPAG when you were 12?? WOW man, you knew you wanted a Charger early, huh?!?!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

joflaig

Quote from: 426HemiCharger on January 25, 2009, 08:06:47 PM

What do I think about them? I think it's not worth the time in prison for doing what I think.

jb666

Hans sent me this in September of 2008. He was all excited that someone was there filming them in their shop for a spot on Hotrod TV  :smilielol:

Check out who he says he built it for  :lol:

Hi Jeff this was a 472 cid new Hemi THING WAS CRAZY FAST!!!!
all I can say is a base 426 is good to have fun!!!! This 472 took AV gas and was just a race car the car in the pic is a car I build for Chrysler Corp.
it was crazy!!!!!!!!! thanks Hans

426HemiCharger

That's right, I was 12 and I have loved Chargers as far back as I can remember seeing the Dukes, seeing other musclecars, and going to a swap meet.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

426HemiCharger

That is a beautiful Charger... definately not the work of HLPAG or their shop. Their shop is a one car wide extra long garage with an illegal alien hunched over the engine bay of a poor defensless Charger.
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

This one's funny.. And a huge red flag.. Painted trim, sitting on it's rotors, didn't remove the bumpers/mirrors, and the list goes on...

426HemiCharger

:smilielol: WOW!!! So that's why my car has F3 paint under the window mouldings.   :buff: it out for :Twocents:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS

jb666

Yeah, then the next day the trim magically reappeared as chrome..

And then the finished & polished turd...

426HemiCharger

Painting philosophy tip 12: If it comes off, you should take it off before painting.  :paintingpink:    :smilielol:
1969 Charger R/T
1998 Ford Econoline 150
2002 Hyundai Elantra GLS