News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's Your Winter Time Project

Started by ACUDANUT, January 24, 2009, 02:45:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Mine is installing floors and a engine in my 72 Charger.  Problem is the costs to get my barn warm enough to want to go out there.

Hemidoug

Buying parts so I can install them in the spring.... :brickwall:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

The70RT

Colder that crap here too but I got a wood burner back here. I am doing the same as the last two winters.....the car. This is what I am doing today.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rt green

looks you got some nice work done. i work on cars all week long, so sometimes i dont feel like doing it on the weekends. costs alot to heat the garage. i usally wait till it hits the high twenties or better. not so lucky this weekend.  prodject this winter? dash, wiring, windshield, ect. was thinking on getting the disc brake set up on too.
third string oil changer

The70RT

Quote from: rt green on January 24, 2009, 04:00:16 PM
looks you got some nice work done. i work on cars all week long, so sometimes i dont feel like doing it on the weekends. costs alot to heat the garage. i usally wait till it hits the high twenties or better. not so lucky this weekend.  prodject this winter? dash, wiring, windshield, ect. was thinking on getting the disc brake set up on too.

Thanks. Yeah high 20 here. It was around 5 this morning so I can imagine how cold it is up farther north.

BlueSS454

I have a whole list of things I'm doing...

Already done:

Power BRake Booster
Rear Seat Belts
Push Bar
Fix Carbureator
Picked up most of the A/C Components
Under dash ductwork
Repair Heater Valve

Still to do:

Wiper Motor
Door Panels
Fan Shround
Need the Hoses for the A/C System and the Condenser
Might pull the 3.91's out and put either 3.23's or 3.55's in
Trans Rebuild (this might have to wait a little while)

Once I get all this stuff done....the car is done.  I've had it driveable for over a year now, just paying some attention to other things that weren't vital to having it running and driving.
Tom Rightler

69_500

Winter project for me to is to finally get exhaust put on the car, and the rear end swap I never got around to last year. Doesn't matter if it happens in the winter or early spring, as long as both are done before November of this year.

tomdroptop

I'm doin like lots above, collecting parts and waiting for the warm up! 

440charger68

keeping my 68 running through the winter hahah  :smilielol:
life's a garden, dig it.

1969chargerrtse

Last winter was the engine compartment, engine,grille and many more detail items. This year is the windshield and trim, complete dash gauge and trim restoration,rugs,sills,steerimg column paint and more detail items. The short version would be " spending another 2 grand ".
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Rolling_Thunder

Well I got the Hemi and the 5-speed in this morning and go back to college monday - within the next couple weeks hopefully it is wiring and installing the rest of the glass then interior work...      Trying to get her on the road by May
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

dukeboy320

Massively Over Powerd And Respected

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: The70RT on January 24, 2009, 03:22:14 PM
Colder that crap here too but I got a wood burner back here. I am doing the same as the last two winters.....the car. This is what I am doing today.

Looking really nice :2thumbs: What paint do you use and anything special to keep in mind while taking it apart? :scratchchin:
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

WingCharger

I think I might pull the rear axle in my old Craftsman mower I regeared to go fast. Shifter sticks when it gets hot. :scratchchin:

The70RT

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on January 24, 2009, 09:21:20 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 24, 2009, 03:22:14 PM

Looking really nice :2thumbs: What paint do you use and anything special to keep in mind while taking it apart? :scratchchin:

Thanks. I used Eastwoods detail gray and underhood black. I just took several pictures. The only wear part is the white pedal bushings. I am clear coating the arm / rod like brackets.

Back N Black

Today i installed the sway bar. Next it will be the engine.

ACUDANUT

That under carrage looks awesome.

General_01

I will be helping my cousin with his car. He wants to put in an MSD ignition and he also wants to move the seats in his car. We also need to install a new gas tank with some modifications. This is his car.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

hotrod98

Building a 69 Roadrunner A12 clone for my brother-in-law. And, working on my 69 Daytona clone when I get time.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

tan top

fit a passanger side door mirror , by pass the amp meter & convert it to a volt gauge ,&  do the mad  wiring harness conversion :yesnod: ( should of done it when i fitted new M&H harnesses a few years ago )  ::)
swap intakes again & put my 800cfm thunder avs on  :yesnod:
refit  fan shroud & correct 216 fan back on also , was going to do some of this over christmas , but got side tracked fitting a new dash dimmer switch , & then it got too damn cold

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

Quote from: tan top on January 25, 2009, 05:37:32 AM
fit a passanger side door mirror , by pass the amp meter & convert it to a volt gauge , the do the mad  wiring harness conversion :yesnod: ( should of done it when i fitted new M&H harnesses a few years ago )  ::)
refit  fan shroud & correct 216 fan back on also , was going to do some of this over christmas , but got side tracked fitting a new dash dimmer switch , & then it got too damn cold

Looks like you got a lot to do. Are you sending your guage in for the conversion or are you doing it. How did the new wiring harness fit?

tan top

Quote from: The70RT on January 25, 2009, 12:26:06 PM
fit a passanger side door mirror , by pass the amp meter & convert it to a volt gauge , the do the mad  wiring harness conversion :yesnod: ( should of done it when i fitted new M&H harnesses a few years ago )  ::)

Looks like you got a lot to do. Are you sending your guage in for the conversion or are you doing it. How did the new wiring harness fit?

wiring harnesses fitted great ... no problems at all , that i can remember :scratchchin: it was about 5 /6ish years since i fitted the M&H stuff :yesnod:, .... just make sure like with any wiring !!  the harness wires don't rub on any sharp edges behind the dash ! or do as i have done ..cover any sharp edges where the wires run close with vacuum hose (split with a blade first)
  the dash dimmer switch from charger specialties  is a bit fiddly , they give you studs & little nuts to mount it  , as the frame of the switch is slightly out of aliment , but you cant do the nuts up then , so best to fiddle with the original mounting screws , & use a thin flat bladed  screwdriver , at a angle  :yesnod: .... also you have to swap two wires around in your factory 3 pin connector plug ,  as the connections on the re-pop dimmer are round the other way ...no biggie as they tell you what to do on supplied instructions ,
on the amp gauge to volt , going to fit a aftermarket volt gauge well the components of one to a spare original amp gauge  :yesnod: not using my original one as it works ok
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

Quote from: tan top on January 25, 2009, 12:55:29 PM
Quote from: The70RT on January 25, 2009, 12:26:06 PM

wiring harnesses fitted great ... no problems at all , that i can remember :scratchchin: it was about 5 /6ish years since i fitted the M&H stuff :yesnod:, .... just make sure like with any wiring !!  the harness wires don't rub on any sharp edges behind the dash ! or do as i have done ..cover any sharp edges where the wires run close with vacuum hose (split with a blade first)
  the dash dimmer switch from charger specialties  is a bit fiddly , they give you studs & little nuts to mount it  , as the frame of the switch is slightly out of aliment , but you cant do the nuts up then , so best to fiddle with the original mounting screws , & use a thin flat bladed  screwdriver , at a angle  :yesnod: .... also you have to swap two wires around in your factory 3 pin connector plug ,  as the connections on the re-pop dimmer are round the other way ...no biggie as they tell you what to do on supplied instructions ,
on the amp gauge to volt , going to fit a aftermarket volt gauge well the components of one to a spare original amp gauge  :yesnod: not using my original one as it works ok

Good deal. Thanks for the info  :2thumbs:

mopar0166

Haa ha

My winter project is getting the charger on the road for may and a trip to ocean city!    :cheers: