News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grille pieces

Started by Tilar, January 20, 2009, 08:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tilar

I'm curious what everyone does about these two pieces on the grille? They are the pieces that the headlight doors pivot on.  I'd love to take them off and sandblast and paint them,  but I don't know if I could find the right rivots to put them back on and be right. What does everyone else do?

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

gasoline_24

Take them off and sandblast them.  Then call Hanson Rivet and order their stainless steel tubular rivets.  They also have the tools to peen them over.  You have to order in packs of 50, but the price is not bad.  If you need the sizes let me know and I will see what sizes I ordered.

Tilar

I may be able to figure out the sizes once I take them apart, but if you have that info handy that would be great! Thanks.

Dave  

gasoline_24

I will check them out and let you know.

gasoline_24

I do not have the size on the package, but the part number is TE3-9-ST.  The are 3/16" rivets.  You have to order a quantity of 100.  I also got the Hand Rivet clincher and peening tool.

runningman

Tilar

Quote from: gasoline_24 on January 21, 2009, 09:31:52 PM
I do not have the size on the package, but the part number is TE3-9-ST.  The are 3/16" rivets.  You have to order a quantity of 100.  I also got the Hand Rivet clincher and peening tool.

Thanks!  :cheers:
Dave